RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The deal's done...now who'll be #1?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 03/03/05 6:13 pm    ::: The deal's done...now who'll be #1? Reply Reply with quote

Does today's trade make it more likely that Charlotte takes McCarville with the #1 pick? Tan & TSB aren't what you would call "enforcers," seems to me the Sting still need a frontcourt player with a little "thug" in her(no offense Gopher fans!)

MNfan22

PostPosted: 03/03/05 7:36 pm    ::: Re: The deal's done...now who'll be #1? Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Does today's trade make it more likely that Charlotte takes McCarville with the #1 pick? Tan & TSB aren't what you would call "enforcers," seems to me the Sting still need a frontcourt player with a little "thug" in her(no offense Gopher fans!)

I don't know that the Sting will take her but we'll see. One things for sure they could really use someone else besides TSB who can mix it up inside.

I'll try not to be an overly offended Gopher fan Wink But 'enforcer' type is more like it to me. She may have a little 'thug' in her but she is to happy-go-lucky to go over board (well, unless you get up in her face Evil or Very Mad ha )

pilight

PostPosted: 03/03/05 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still think Trudi Lacey will go for McCarville #1, and I still think it's a poor choice.

PostPosted: 03/03/05 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have to wonder if Charlotte will keep the pick. Clearly, the team has filled some needs this offseason. They have players locked into long-term deals (e.g., Sam). While I really like Tynesha Lewis, can she replace Dawn Staley full-time? Maybe Charlotte should trade the pick for some consideration in 2006.

Alternatively, you have to wonder if Charlotte could trade down in this draft to fill a need. Shereka Wright and #3 for #1? It gives Charlotte an athletic slasher in the backcourt, something the team currently lacks.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/03/05 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
I have to wonder if Charlotte will keep the pick. Clearly, the team has filled some needs this offseason. They have players locked into long-term deals (e.g., Sam). While I really like Tynesha Lewis, can she replace Dawn Staley full-time? Maybe Charlotte should trade the pick for some consideration in 2006.

Alternatively, you have to wonder if Charlotte could trade down in this draft to fill a need. Shereka Wright and #3 for #1? It gives Charlotte an athletic slasher in the backcourt, something the team currently lacks.

If that were to happen, who would Phoenix take? McCarville? Irvin? If Kamila's on the team, I'd go with Irvin.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/04/05 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Bingo! I think they'll trade the pick, but I'm not sure that trade works for what Charlotte needs. Seems to me they need a defensive stopper wing/guard combo player if Sam and Feaster are going to play those positions.

Maybe a trade a little lower with a more quality veteran and a draft of T.Wright? Say to #7-10?

Alepp03

PostPosted: 03/04/05 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am beyond not sold on Shereka Wright and feal she is not worth moving down in the draft. I would be happier if they got Tamara Moore and the #3 for the #1 since you were talking about taking over for Staley full time.

A recent thought I had is that maybe a good signing for them would be Niele Ivey who is a lot like Staley. Staley is generally a bit quicker than Ivey, but Ivey has a lot of the floor general skills Staley had in terms of keeping good care of the ball and distributing. She doesn't have the respect Staley has, but I think that if Staley could help mold Niele into a more pro-active PG with a little more fire, she could certainly become a nice replacement for Staley. I say this every time - she has great handles, good basketball sense, doesn't turn the ball over, and drains the three.

Yeah, I love Niele - big whoop, wanna fight about it?!

PostPosted: 03/04/05 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

VeProf - this is not a trade rumour. Learn to read, you fool.
boilerjay

PostPosted: 03/06/05 12:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was able to eavesdrop a bit on Lin Dunn and Carrie Graf's conversation at the Big 10 Tourney yesterday.

Look for the Fever to take the "most athletic post player" in the draft.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/06/05 12:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boilerjay wrote:
I was able to eavesdrop a bit on Lin Dunn and Carrie Graf's conversation at the Big 10 Tourney yesterday.

Look for the Fever to take the "most athletic post player" in the draft.

Well...I guess the Fever won't be taking McCarville. I expect to hear either:

...and with the second pick of the 2005 WNBA Draft, the Indiana Fever select Sandora Irvin of Texas Christian University

or

...and with the second pick of the 2005 WNBA Draft, the Indiana Fever select Jacqueline Batteast of Notre Dame.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/06/05 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You never know with the Fever.

I've learned not to get my hopes up.

caune

PostPosted: 03/06/05 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't see the fever taking McCarville because they have Ebony Hoffman.
She may just fall to the Merc, but will they take her if they Sign Kamilla?

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/06/05 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:

I have to be honest...I don't want Janel to be taken by the Mercury. I think she's a wonderful player, but I see her more on an East Coast team than a West Coast team. Like Cam has said, Monique would probably be taken above either Sandora or Janel if she was available.

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/06/05 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Batteast going to the Fever sounds like a strong possibility.

As for Janel and Kamila, maybe a trade is in the works? No insider info here, just random speculation (fancy that Wink )
MNfan22

PostPosted: 03/06/05 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:

I'll admit I've not seen enough of Hoffman but from what I've seen, I'd rather take my chances w/J-Mac. J-Mac maybe a rookie but Hoffman really needs to step up her gm.

Well, here's a question for Fever fans:
Would you rather have Ebony Hoffman or Janel McCarville ?

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/06/05 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you asked me that a couple months ago I'd give Janel a try.

However, I recently saw Ebony play a couple games in Naperville (vs Ruth Riley and the Colorado Chill) and she's more offensive minded now - like she was @ USC.
From what I've heard she's been hangin' w/ Tamika a lot in the off-season.

I'll keep Ebony.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 03/06/05 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
If you asked me that a couple months ago I'd give Janel a try.

However, I recently saw Ebony play a couple games in Naperville (vs Ruth Riley and the Colorado Chill) and she's more offensive minded now - like she was @ USC.
From what I've heard she's been hangin' w/ Tamika a lot in the off-season.

I'll keep Ebony.

Thats good the hear Slovy. Sounds like she is doing what she needs to be doing. And hangin' w/the right people Smile

I just have this feeling J-Mac may be taken #1, #2 or #3 but that won't be the uni she will have on come opening day. It's been fun watching her mature over the last 4 yrs. Undersized or not, whoever gets her is going to get one tough, fun loving post player.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/06/05 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sort of "down for whatever " with the Fever this draft. I think Tully and the Euro post were good additions. I'll just wait and see and hope my team does well.

ILuvCatch

PostPosted: 03/06/05 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22 wrote:
caune wrote:

I'll admit I've not seen enough of Hoffman but from what I've seen, I'd rather take my chances w/J-Mac. J-Mac maybe a rookie but Hoffman really needs to step up her gm.

Well, here's a question for Fever fans:
Would you rather have Ebony Hoffman or Janel McCarville ?

Hands down Ebony.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/06/05 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would take McCarville over Ebony...at least until Ebony gives up KFC and gets herself to Curves (to quote Bluewolf). And even then, I would take McCarville.

ILuvCatch

PostPosted: 03/07/05 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
I would take McCarville over Ebony...at least until Ebony gives up KFC and gets herself to Curves (to quote Bluewolf). And even then, I would take McCarville.

Please take her then!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: