RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Pick the Expansion Draft Choices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alepp03

PostPosted: 11/15/05 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shoot, I didn't know that Raz was UFA... I guess I'd go with Jia, although I am shocked she's available. She was starting towards the end of the season. I guess they expect Feaster to be ready to go.

I'm also tempted to take Teanna Miller, but I think Jia is the right pick. Scoring.

PostPosted: 11/15/05 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
I thought Charlotte might tempt Chicago by not protecting Sheri Sam, which would free up $70k+ this year and next year. But Charlotte protected Sam and exposed Jia Perkins. Ras is an unrestricted free agent.

can I go back and change my Charlotte pick now?

I will go on record as saying some of my picks would have been none; I will be surprised if Chicago takes more than 9 players.

I still don't see what would be the rationale for Chicago not to take all of the picks they can. Not any harm in picking them up and then making cuts after you see what else you can get.

I know Sacramento wants to trade picks for agreements not to take anyone, but who could Chicago get at 13 or 14 of a crappy draft that is better than Hainie or Newton? Or at 12 that is better than Hoffman?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 11/15/05 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gownbago wrote:
What Cam guy just said, was the most productive thing said in the last two weeks of discussion on the Expansion Draft.

Thanks for the kind words, gownbago!

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 11/15/05 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Creativity runs high when trying to write a foreign player's name (mainly). Thank God the majority wrote Iziane Castro Marques. Shame on the rest for not even going to dot com to find out how to spell it correctly. Or do you think I know how to spell Cathrine Kraayeveld without any help???

They picked Iziane Castro Marques? Question I think it's unlikely that she'll be available... Dot com aside, they should have went to the Seattle Times article which supports my belief.. Idea And who picked Margo Dydek? Razz

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 11/15/05 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Margo Dydek

Thibault cannot give up two draft picks for a player he would not protect, especially given Taj's age and CT's lack of depth in the post.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/15/05 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guess who picked Margo? Wink

Hey, it's a game, and if you're gonna win you gotta take a reach no one else will every now and then!

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 11/15/05 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:
Creativity runs high when trying to write a foreign player's name (mainly). Thank God the majority wrote Iziane Castro Marques. Shame on the rest for not even going to dot com to find out how to spell it correctly. Or do you think I know how to spell Cathrine Kraayeveld without any help???

They picked Iziane Castro Marques? Question I think it's unlikely that she'll be available... Dot com aside, they should have went to the Seattle Times article which supports my belief.. Idea And who picked Margo Dydek? Razz

I don't think Jayda Evans thought that Seattle Times article through.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 11/15/05 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

Hey, it's a game, and if you're gonna win you gotta take a reach no one else will every now and then!

Razz Well if you want her off your team, just try trading her for a 2nd round pick... Anybody would take that deal Idea

Kristin Haynie Question I hope not...

dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/15/05 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Razz Well if you want her off your team, just try trading her for a 2nd round pick... Anybody would take that deal Idea

Kristin Haynie Question I hope not...

Read it again; I didn't say I wanted her off our team. I just said I put down a name no one else would that had a slight chance of going. That's all. I didn't say Haynie by the way.

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 11/15/05 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Chicago will definitely take Haynie if she's available over Powell anyday to run their point.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/15/05 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I still don't see what would be the rationale for Chicago not to take all of the picks they can. Not any harm in picking them up and then making cuts after you see what else you can get.

Because your still not allowed more than 15 players in camp at any one time. And if you go for draft picks and try to pick up a few free agents, you'd exceed the limit pretty quickly.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 11/15/05 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Because your still not allowed more than 15 players in camp at any one time. And if you go for draft picks and try to pick up a few free agents, you'd exceed the limit pretty quickly.

Are you sure, DTS? You will have players arriving late...and you can have over 15 on the roster before training camp.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/15/05 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Are you sure, DTS? You will have players arriving late...and you can have over 15 on the roster before training camp.

Isn't it 15 day one of camp. Remember this is still a brother or sisterhood. The names are not being publicly released. So, if you don't think so and so is going to make your team or is where you want to go, I don't see a person being taken just to take a person.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/15/05 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Players can be waived as early as right now, if a team chooses to. This is Chicago's only chance at freebie players. If nothing else, cut a few given their oversees performance if you want to, or if you are able to add FAs, which isn't for certain.

If they don't sign any FAs (unlikely, but possible) three draft picks and 13 expansion draft players give you 16 on your roster for camp. Only one cut needs to be made. But if you take only 9 now, can't get any FAs you want, then you are undermanned and in big toruble.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/15/05 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Matty don't forget undrafted rookie free agents. I expect Chicago would bring in a bunch, just like CT did two years ago when they were starting the rebuild.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 11/15/05 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Matty don't forget undrafted rookie free agents. I expect Chicago would bring in a bunch, just like CT did two years ago when they were starting the rebuild.

But can Chicago match CT's ability to bring in SWGs to camp?

*goes to email Matty for words to "Bring It On" cheers*

BCBG25

PostPosted: 11/15/05 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had chosen Jia Perkins prior to knowing these details mainly because she showed she's a pure point in a market that is thin in the position. I would like the Libs to give her a shot if she's available somehow in the future. Also, for that reason, I think they protected Loree and left Kraay unprotected.

PostPosted: 11/15/05 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

they do have Cowens as a judge, so...

I remember really liking Katie MacFarlane from Army's game. I wonder if she is in the war now? Crying or Very sad

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 11/15/05 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Have to disagree, BCBG. IMHO, Jia Perkins is not a "pure" point by any stretch of the imagination. She played the 2 and the 3 at Texas Tech. She is a two-guard who can handle the ball. 1.1 assists to 1.07 turnovers a game is not stellar, either.

ShockPR

PostPosted: 11/15/05 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Am I allowed to make my picks later this evening?

Twisted Evil

BCBG25

PostPosted: 11/15/05 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Have to disagree, BCBG. IMHO, Jia Perkins is not a "pure" point by any stretch of the imagination. She played the 2 and the 3 at Texas Tech. She is a two-guard who can handle the ball. 1.1 assists to 1.07 turnovers a game is not stellar, either.

She's more of a point guard than I've seen on many teams, including mine...I saw things about her that I liked and I really don't think anyone in Charlotte was stellar stat-wise by any stretch of the imagination. Since I never saw her in college, I am assessing her pro game and I think she's suited to play the 1.

PostPosted: 11/15/05 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Perkins can work as a ballhandler, if you are going to run, but VJ is more capable of handling the point than Perkins. Jia, IMHO, is like Becky...someone who is better suited to the two.

caune

PostPosted: 11/15/05 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ShockPR wrote:
Am I allowed to make my picks later this evening?

Twisted Evil

No but you are allowed to come by and drop hints Wink

PostPosted: 11/15/05 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think I remember training camps opening with 18 players...then whittling down.

PostPosted: 11/15/05 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
I had chosen Jia Perkins prior to knowing these details...

I would have picked her, but I don't think she'll be available for the Sky.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: