RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Wow...the Wizards are on a MISSION!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 11/13/05 12:14 am    ::: Wow...the Wizards are on a MISSION! Reply Reply with quote

They CRUSHED the Sonics last night and beat the Spurs tonight. Arenas had 43 points against the Spurs tonight! Very Happy The Wiz are now 5-1! Shocked

Mathies to LA 2013
bullsky

PostPosted: 11/13/05 12:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Getting rid of Kwame might have been the best offseason move for them. He was a distraction and an under-achiever. Although I don't like the Wizards, its good to see that franchise stand on its own. The Wizards used to be the joke of the NBA.

PostPosted: 11/13/05 12:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
Getting rid of Kwame might have been the best offseason move for them. He was a distraction and an under-achiever. Although I don't like the Wizards, its good to see that franchise stand on its own. The Wizards used to be the joke of the NBA.

Although I don't like Arenas that much (too cocky), he DOES get the job done. Having the big baby Kwame Brown out of the way only helps this team. Plus, Caron Butler seems to like Washington a lot better than he liked LA. Laughing

Mathies to LA 2013
bullsky

PostPosted: 11/13/05 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Streaks wrote:

Although I don't like Arenas that much (too cocky)

Oh man, dont even get me started on Arenas. haha I dispised him at AU and I still do to this day.

PostPosted: 11/13/05 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
Oh man, dont even get me started on Arenas. haha I dispised him at AU and I still do to this day.

He's an ass, no doubt! Laughing But D-Wade, one of Chitown's finest, put him very much in check last season in the playoffs. Wink

Mathies to LA 2013
hoopladreams

PostPosted: 11/13/05 8:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So then, is it safe to say that Caron Butler is doing an adequate job as a Larry Hughes impersonator? Would you guys say that he fits in better with this team than Hughes?

Anyway, with regards to Arenas, he's definitely cocky on the court, but that's not the full picture. I went to lots of Mystics games this summer in DC and Arenas was at alot of them. He was the nicest person ever. He would sign autographs for WNBA fans for 20 to 25 minutes at a time...signing everything, never complaining, always pleasant, always relaxed, always smiling. Not only were we not even in his section, but half the people that were asking to take pictures with him or have him sign things didn't even know who he was. I'm sure that he came away with a bunch of new fans after every Mystics game because all you heard whenever he came around was all the middle-aged women who didn't know who he was saying "wow, that's such a nice young man...what's his name?...he plays for the Wizards?"

Anyway, I was shocked by all of it and Gilbert Arenas singlehandledly restored my faith in the NBA player...maybe the on-court personas really are just an act, you know...

Unless he just turns on the charm when he's at WNBA games, he really is an awesome person in real life...

Regardless, I still don't like the Wizards though...blame it on the whole MJ fiasco and/or the fact that they bounced us from the playoffs last year...

PostPosted: 11/13/05 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Larry Hughes reminds me of Ricky Davis...constantly thinks he is the man, without realizing he never is and never will be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: