PostPosted: 08/12/10 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nickv1025 wrote:
Arena conflicts:

Atlanta--Finals: 9/16, 9/19, 9/21

Los Angeles--Finals: 9/12

Minnesota--Conf Semi: 8/27

New York--Finals: 9/21

San Antonio--Finals: 9/19

Wow, you aren't kidding. Sesame Street Live in Atlanta with a bunch of shows. What other place would there be to play? Because if it ends up being a Storm/Atlanta final they'll have to play elsewhere. I nominate Key Arena Smile Actually, I'm assuming they'd have to play at Georgia Tech's arena which I think is the Alexander Memorial Coliseum. Man, if I was a STH I'd be pissed!

LA wouldn't have a better record than the East so that date would not conflict. But, yeah, depending on the matchups some of those dates would be bad.

scowl

PostPosted: 08/12/10 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Wow, you aren't kidding. Sesame Street Live in Atlanta with a bunch of shows. What other place would there be to play? Because if it ends up being a Storm/Atlanta final they'll have to play elsewhere. I nominate Key Arena Smile Actually, I'm assuming they'd have to play at Georgia Tech's arena which I think is the Alexander Memorial Coliseum. Man, if I was a STH I'd be pissed!

The Storm narrowly missed having to play a playoff game at Hec Ed a year or two ago when the Key Arena wasn't available.

Bretter

PostPosted: 08/12/10 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Surely some date adjustment can be made if necessary, right? Right?? Confused How freaking sad would it be to make the Finals and then not be able to play any of the games on your home court? Sigh.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/12/10 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scowl wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

The Storm narrowly missed having to play a playoff game at Hec Ed a year or two ago when the Key Arena wasn't available.

Well the Detroit Shock had to win a championship in Ypsilanti (Eastern Michigan University) one year. That was my college and it's not exactly large. Playing at a different location is disconcerting and really detracts from the home field advantage in my opinion.

If my Storm get to the Finals I want to follow them but some of these places are going to nearly break my bank. Washington DC and New York are wicked expensive. Indianapolis would be ok - been there before and liked it. Atlanta would be ok assuming I knew where they'd play. I didn't really want to go to Mohegan or Chicago anyway. Plus fully-refundable plane tickets are spendy too. I guess that's why they call us fanatics.

Of course, the Storm need to do their part.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/12/10 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bretter wrote:
Surely some date adjustment can be made if necessary, right? Right?? Confused How freaking sad would it be to make the Finals and then not be able to play any of the games on your home court? Sigh.

I don't think adjustments can be made because the TV schedule is set. They probably have contingency plans in place but that's why they don't announce things until the last minute.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/19/10 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bump. Getting closer.

Scarab

PostPosted: 08/19/10 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_WNBA_Playoffs

PostPosted: 08/19/10 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Scarab wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_WNBA_Playoffs

That was written with the info here Smile

Scarab

PostPosted: 08/19/10 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

double post

Last edited by Scarab on 08/19/10 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 08/19/10 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So wouldn't you think there would be information front and center on the W site as to when the playoffs will be, even if they can't give exact locations until the teams are announced? I couldn't find anything on the W site, even under their playoff tab, so went to the Storm site and under ticket info you can find out that the first game will be 25th or 26th.

It's like it's being kept secret until the last minute...then they will wonder why the stands are not full.

Whalen13

PostPosted: 08/19/10 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:

Didn't the Dream play a playoff game in Gwinnett last year?

pilight

PostPosted: 08/19/10 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whalen13 wrote:
Didn't the Dream play a playoff game in Gwinnett last year?

Yes Mad

PostPosted: 08/19/10 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
So wouldn't you think there would be information front and center on the W site as to when the playoffs will be, even if they can't give exact locations until the teams are announced? I couldn't find anything on the W site, even under their playoff tab, so went to the Storm site and under ticket info you can find out that the first game will be 25th or 26th.

It's like it's being kept secret until the last minute...then they will wonder why the stands are not full.

You would think if nothing else they could give the basic dates (25-30, 2-8, 12-21). But, yeah, even after clicking around I can't find the info anywhere.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/19/10 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/news/postseason_dates_100729.html

PostPosted: 08/19/10 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Right, but the point is that fans going to the front page can't find the info easily. It should be an entry under "Schedule."

Whalen13

PostPosted: 08/19/10 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Right, but the point is that fans going to the front page can't find the info easily. It should be an entry under "Schedule."

Also, that page is a bit out of date. It still claims that the Chicago Sky are in the playoff hunt Laughing

mb1

PostPosted: 08/19/10 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bump for caune

you'd think a moderator could find a thread Wink

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
caune

PostPosted: 08/19/10 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mb1 wrote:
bump for caune

you'd think a moderator could find a thread Wink

it doesn't give me special powers MB....I can kick you in the ass here or in person Laughing

PostPosted: 08/20/10 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just received a tweet that the Storm's first game will be 11PM Eastern (8 PM PDT) on Wednesday the 25th. Checking the updated ESPN2 schedule, this will be the ESPN2 game for Wednesday assuming the baseball game before it ends on time. The other ESPN2 game is Thursday @ 9PM EDT so it's either a late starting East game or a 6PM Phoenix game start.

So, this makes the West:
SEA-tbd 25/27/29
PHX-tbd 26/28/30

And, just a bit of Seattle bragging: I've included the ticket link which includes a seat-by-seat choice method. You can see how much of the lower bowl is already sold out. Our T-shirts say "I AM home-court advantage!"

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0F0044FC785F2BD1?artistid=806022&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=7

caune

PostPosted: 08/20/10 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Just received a tweet that the Storm's first game will be 11PM Eastern (8 PM PDT) on Wednesday the 25th. Checking the updated ESPN2 schedule, this will be the ESPN2 game for Wednesday assuming the baseball game before it ends on time. The other ESPN2 game is Thursday @ 9PM EDT so it's either a late starting East game or a 6PM Phoenix game start.

So, this makes the West:
SEA-tbd 25/27/29
PHX-tbd 26/28/30

And, just a bit of Seattle bragging: I've included the ticket link which includes a seat-by-seat choice method. You can see how much of the lower bowl is already sold out. Our T-shirts say "I AM home-court advantage!"

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0F0044FC785F2BD1?artistid=806022&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=7

fuck fuck fuck.
I'll be doing my clinicals til 8 pm on Thursday and should just make it to the arena for the last 5 minutes of the game...but I will make it for the last 5 minutes come hell or high water!

PostPosted: 08/20/10 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This really messes my schedule up too. I was so certain that we'd play Thur/Sat/Mon that I didn't ask for Sun off from work. I'm scheduled 2pm to 9pm... I need to get it covered, obviously, but I also really need to know if it'll be an afternoon game or a regular night game.

Anyone know anything about the schedule for Sunday the 29th???

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/20/10 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threefrom60 wrote:
This really messes my schedule up too. I was so certain that we'd play Thur/Sat/Mon that I didn't ask for Sun off from work. I'm scheduled 2pm to 9pm... I need to get it covered, obviously, but I also really need to know if it'll be an afternoon game or a regular night game.

Anyone know anything about the schedule for Sunday the 29th???

Sunday would only be if necessary. There's an ESPN2 window for 8PM Eastern on the 29th. They are probably playing the percentages for both coasts.

And, yeah, messes me up too. I was assuming a Saturday away game so I don't think I can make a Friday one Sad

CJE35

PostPosted: 08/20/10 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:

So, this makes the West:
SEA-tbd 25/27/29
PHX-tbd 26/28/30

Well, this is just great! I just KNEW our game would be Thursday. My in-laws are arriving at SeaTAC at 8:15 on Wednesday! I spoke to my mother-in-law and she doesn't want us to miss the game. She said they would just find a place to eat at the airport and wait on us. I did volunteer to pay for a cab or limo ride to the house but she refused...ugh!

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/20/10 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've re-scoured the TV listings and can only confirm NBA-TV up until the 4th. I've put brackets around what are guesses on my part. Times are EDT.

East Semi #1
Game 1 --- Wed 8PM --- NBA TV
Game 2 --- Fri 8PM --- NBA TV
Game 3 --- Sun 4PM --- NBA TV (if nec.)

East Semi #2
Game 1 --- Thu 7PM --- NBA TV
Game 2 --- Sat 1PM --- ESPN2
Game 3 --- Mon 7PM --- NBA TV (if nec.)

West Semi #1 - Seattle #1 /tbd #4
Game 1 --- Wed 11PM --- ESPN2 (Seattle, 8PM local)
Game 2 --- Fri 10PM --- NBA TV (tbd, tbd local)
Game 3 --- Sun 8PM ---- ESPN2 (if nec.) (Seattle, 5PM local)

West Semi #2 - Phoenix #2 /TBD #3
Game 1 --- Thu 9PM --- ESPN2 (Phoenix, 6 PM local)
Game 2 --- Sat 3PM --- ESPN2 (tbd, tbd local)
Game 3 --- Mon 9PM --- NBA TV (if nec.) (Phoenix, 6 PM local)

East Final
Game 1 --- Thu, 9/2 7PM --- NBA TV
Game 2 --- [Sun, 9/5 --- *]
Game 3 --- [(Wed, 9/8 ) - unconfirmed]

West Final
Game 1 --- Thu, 9/2 9PM --- NBA TV
Game 2 --- [Sun, 9/5 --- *]
Game 3 --- [Wed, 9/8 ) - unconfirmed]

* Note: ABC will have a conference final at 3PM. No confirmation of second final.

Finals
Game 1 --- Sun 9/12 3PM --- ABC
Game 2 --- Tue 9/14 8PM --- ESPN2
Game 3 --- Thu 9/16 8PM --- ESPN2
Game 4 --- Sun 9/19 3PM --- ESPN2 (if nec.)
Game 5 --- Tue 9/21 8PM --- ESPN2 (if nec.)

Last edited by Nerd2 on 08/20/10 11:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: