RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

One Of My New Favorite Shows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DivAAA

PostPosted: 10/29/05 6:18 pm    ::: One Of My New Favorite Shows Reply Reply with quote

It's being called the gay "Sex In The City." I have seen the first two episodes and I WILL BE THERE, EACH WEEK! My favorite character is Alex. However, the conflicts that Wade's character is facing has me glued to his scenes. You never know what he's thinking. BTW, the show comes on the new gay channel called, "Logo."

If you want a quick summary of what the show is about click the link below to view the trailer.

http://noahsarc.net/noahs_arc_temptation_island_trailer_hifi.wmv

Smoovie

PostPosted: 10/29/05 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whew, that was steamy! Embarassed

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
LoveJanet

PostPosted: 10/29/05 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smoovie wrote:
Whew, that was steamy! Embarassed

Wasn't that somethin'? Wade has a BODY on him. I really like how the director/writer has included his character into the show. You can see the conflict that he faces that Sheryl probably faced at one point. However, the question is...

will he go back to women, or will he commit himself to Noah? Whatever the choice is, we already know that he loves Noah.

Check out this clip of his body girl! That'll really make you Embarassed

Click on the video clip entitled, "Snooping Dawg."

http://www.logoonline.com/shows/dyn/noahs_arc/videos.jhtml

LoveJanet

PostPosted: 10/29/05 7:28 pm    ::: Re: One Of My New Favorite Shows Reply Reply with quote

DivAAA wrote:

Yes! Alex is a trip!

Smoovie

PostPosted: 10/29/05 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yep, when he opened the door, my monitor steamed up. He's Hot Twisted Evil

DivAAA

PostPosted: 10/29/05 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smoovie wrote:

YES, HE IS! Very Happy On the series premiere (which aired October 19), Wade and Noah went to a gay club. The dance floor didn't have partners. It was just everyone dancing on their own and having a good time. All of a sudden, this guy comes up to Noah JUST TO DANCE. Wade (who was still frontin' that he had gay feelings) gets jealous and takes off his shirt and blocks the Noah's dancer partner. Wade is seriously jealous of anyone who steps to Noah. Yet, he acts like he is straight.

LoveJanet

PostPosted: 10/29/05 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smoovie wrote:

What's with the evil face girl? Laughing

DivAAA...I hear you. He is so caught up, he's become DENSE! He's jealous of Noah's best friend Ricky, as if Ricky wants to be with Noah, because he's "touchy feely" with him. Talking about, "YOU NEED TO STOP ACTIN' LIKE YOU HIS MAN!" I'm like, "Wake up SEXXY!" It isn't that serious. Ricky's testing you, 'cause you still frontin' on Noah.

Smoovie

PostPosted: 10/29/05 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey, a friend of mine has a huge crush on this straight guy. The guy is engaged to a female, and he doesn't know my friend is gay. If I'm reading him right, I really don't think it's going to go over well with this guy, if he finds out. I think he might even suspect something, because they use to hang out and do guy shit all the time, but this past week or so, this guy has not returning any of my boys calls. He even called the guy and left a message that he had World Series tickets. I just told my friend, I think the guy is out of town.

I tried to tell him he was playing with fire trying to go after a straight guy, but he denied it. But I'm a woman, and I know when another woman is going after a guy. I mean World Series tickets. Next to cooking for a man, that's an easy snag. He bought those after the guy spent a whole week not returning his calls.

I went to the game with him (fuckin' Astros) But, I have a feeling dude won't be getting up with him anytime soon. What do I do?

LoveJanet

PostPosted: 10/29/05 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smoovie wrote:
Hey, a friend of mine has a huge crush on this straight guy. The guy is engaged to a female, and he doesn't know my friend is gay. If I'm reading him right, I really don't think it's going to go over well with this guy, if he finds out. I think he might even suspect something, because they use to hang out and do guy shit all the time, but this past week or so, this guy has not returning any of my boys calls. He even called the guy and left a message that he had World Series tickets. I just told my friend, I think the guy is out of town.

I tried to tell him he was playing with fire trying to go after a straight guy, but he denied it. But I'm a woman, and I know when another woman is going after a guy. I mean World Series tickets. Next to cooking for a man, that's an easy snag. He bought those after the guy spent a whole week not returning his calls.

I went to the game with him (fuckin' Astros) But, I have a feeling dude won't be getting up with him anytime soon. What do I do?

Smoovie...I think you need to let him know what's up. Give him an example of what can happen to him, if he doesn't take the hint. I mean, you are his friend. So, coming from you it shouldn't seem as if you are being insensitive. That is a dangerous game to play. Take a hint, and move on. Especially, if the man is engaged. His priorities would be to his fiance (soon-to-be-wife) now. So, tell him to just let that one go. He isn't the only man in the world.

YOOOOOOOOOO-Bekka

PostPosted: 10/30/05 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smoovie wrote:
Hey, a friend of mine has a huge crush on this straight guy. <snip> What do I do?

smoovie...the best thing you can do is to be honest with him...tell him what you see and how you see it playing itself out...it's clear that he's making a huge mistake and creating heartache for himself [even if it's not clear why...] and mr. engaged is giving him a hint that he doesn't want to be involved with him on any level...all you can do is tell him straight up and then be there when he needs you...hopefully, he'll trust you enough to pay attention to your advice...

good luck to him...damn! Sad

PostPosted: 10/30/05 7:38 am    ::: Re: One Of My New Favorite Shows Reply Reply with quote

DivAAA wrote:
It's being called the gay "Sex In The City."

i haven't gotten a chance to see this at all so can anyone who's watching answer a question for me? are there any lesbian characters on this show? Question Exclamation

when the brother who created it was working on it, he brought a trailer to show at a film fest here in the bay and then there was a q & a and a few of us even exchanged email with him a few times...and we talked about this soap being queer folks, not just boys...some of us insisted that he put some girls on the show...and INTERESTING girls, not just hag girlfriends of the beautiful boys...and he said that he absolutely would...has he complied with our wishes?

PostPosted: 10/30/05 10:45 pm    ::: Re: One Of My New Favorite Shows Reply Reply with quote

YOOOOOOOOOO-Bekka wrote:
DivAAA wrote:

i haven't gotten a chance to see this at all so can anyone who's watching answer a question for me? are there any lesbian characters on this show? Question Exclamation

There aren't any lesbian characters. However, that doesn't mean that there won't be any written into future storylines. Right now, we are still getting our feet wet with the main cast.

There are a lot of women in denial about gay stereotypes. This show (and mainly Wade's character) are going to be really helpful and showing that gay isn't a look.

YOOOOOOOOOO-Bekka

PostPosted: 10/31/05 4:04 am    ::: Re: One Of My New Favorite Shows Reply Reply with quote

DivAAA wrote:
YOOOOOOOOOO-Bekka wrote:
DivAAA wrote:

There aren't any lesbian characters. However, that doesn't mean that there won't be any written into future storylines.

Evil or Very Mad oh well...guess he hasn't gotten around to it...Evil or Very Mad

Quote:
There are a lot of women in denial about gay stereotypes.

Question Question Question huh? is this a response to something i wrote???

PostPosted: 10/31/05 9:40 am    ::: Re: One Of My New Favorite Shows Reply Reply with quote

YOOOOOOOOOO-Bekka wrote:
Question Question Question huh? is this a response to something i wrote???

No. It was a general statement, as to what reason I think the show will be helpful to some folks. That wasn't anything related to you or something you said.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: