RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA gets "Onioned"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zz_fan

PostPosted: 10/28/05 12:38 pm    ::: WNBA gets "Onioned" Reply Reply with quote

The problem with this "parody" is that I can almost see the league doing something this stupid as a marketing strategy. Some of their past ones haven't been much dumber.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/42107

sambista

PostPosted: 10/28/05 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

if only they'd known the inside joke about annie and lisa . . . damn!

PostPosted: 10/28/05 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Meyers added that, with a total of 42 players expected to be selected and bid on over the draft's three rounds, every single WNBA fan should be able to win at least one date.

Laughing Reminds me of the Storm offering refunds if fans didn't have a good time.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 10/28/05 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sid wrote:
Quote:
Meyers added that, with a total of 42 players expected to be selected and bid on over the draft's three rounds, every single WNBA fan should be able to win at least one date.

Laughing Reminds me of the Storm offering refunds if fans didn't have a good time.

The Washington Mystics should take note the next time they hold "Guys Night Out' at MCI Idea

YOOOOOOOOOO-Bekka

PostPosted: 10/28/05 4:36 pm    ::: Re: WNBA gets "Onioned" Reply Reply with quote

zz_fan wrote:
The problem with this "parody" is that I can almost see the league doing something this stupid as a marketing strategy. Some of their past ones haven't been much dumber.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/42107

damnnn...are we THAT cynical about the w? Crying or Very sad

yeah, now that i think about it, i can see them trying something like this, too...particularly allowing ol' anneyuresm to take the mike...::shudder::

ok, now i know it won't happen...ol' anne would step up to the mike, begin to try to auction off l.l. while searching through her own purse for cash; the ensuing melee would cause a huge buffet crash and prospective coaches would go scurrying through the exits while enraged fans rushed the stage to finally slap the heck out of her and the players would end up staying at college for another year completely distancing themselves from the w...that would leave the w holding the pr bag and cause problems for the '06 season...nope...never happen...never thought i'd say this but, THANKS, ANNE! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

[do you think i need to get to work? Wink]

YOOOOOOOOOO-Bekka Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: