RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kelley Gibson to the Liberty?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/01/05 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
I gotta confess here that I loves me some Stacey Stephens. She is undersized for the 5, but can bang the boards big time with those big hands of hers. She is a "project" player in every sense of the word. She will never be a star in the W, but could be groomed into a servicable player that would help a team maintain while a star sits.

I think she is solid in terms of her knowlege of the game and what she knows she can do. She didn't just sit under Coach Conradt for four years and not learn something about this game. She probably needs lots of coaching on how to play the professional game, and I applaud her for not giving up yet by at least playing in the NWBL this year...for whatever that is worth, it is basketball. She could have just gotten a job in her degree area and hung up the kicks.

So GO STACEY...Go until they make you stop!

well said! Cool

Smoovie

PostPosted: 03/01/05 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If they signed Stacey, I wonder if the Liberty has plans to re-signed the D-Train?

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 03/01/05 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

D-train over Stephens any day. I don't know why the Lib coaches can't just turn her loose and let her do her thing.

I have a feeling they might bring in a bunch of bigs and let them fight it out for the roster spots.

Face it, Tari Phillips' shoes are going to be pretty large to fill on that team, whether the Liberty management have realized it or not.

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 03/01/05 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wondered the same thing. They're both pretty much the same in terms of "girth" (I LOVE that word, thanks Vera Jones!)

If I had to choose between those two, I'd choose DeTrina. That girl flies like the wind to get a rebound. She's not tall and not a scoring machine, but I hope we don't have to choose. Stacey can come in with one of our fluffer nutters (i.e. Elena or the Waffle) and do her thing!

Smoovie wrote:
If they signed Stacey, I wonder if the Liberty has plans to re-signed the D-Train?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/01/05 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
I wondered the same thing. They're both pretty much the same in terms of "girth" (I LOVE that word, thanks Vera Jones!)

If I had to choose between those two, I'd choose DeTrina. That girl flies like the wind to get a rebound. She's not tall and not a scoring machine, but I hope we don't have to choose. Stacey can come in with one of our fluffer nutters (i.e. Elena or the Waffle) and do her thing!

Stacey was signed to counter balance D-Train on opposite ends of the bench. They found last year it took two smaller players to sit opposite D-Train to keep things level. They want to free up a spot for the middle of the bench this year.

Smoovie

PostPosted: 03/01/05 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The middle on the bench, that's where KG is at her best. It's easy for her to reach over to her left, reach over to her right and pull her teammates socks up.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/01/05 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smoovie wrote:
The middle on the bench, that's where KG is at her best. It's easy for her to reach over to her left, reach over to her right and pull her teammates socks up.

LMAO! Hey, KG gets a post on a WNBA board that's looked at over 800 times. Who would have thought THAT could ever happen!

Smoovie

PostPosted: 03/01/05 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's only because fans are outraged, and insulted that someone would hold the door open for this scrub. Nobody is even asking for her overseas. I don't get it. I've seen her play against others on the outside looking in, and they busted her ass. If KG gets another look, at least half of the players on The Houston Jaguars should get a peek. There's at least a couple of players on that squad, KG couldn't hold a candle to. Now ,maybe she was just playing down to the talent, but she still got out played. If you want to play pro, and you play against players that are not, you better bring it. Because they know you played pro and they have something to prove. There are players on a lot of these traveling teams that should get at least a invite. But they don't because, there's too many politics involved.

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 03/01/05 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
Nah, Bethany ain't better than Stacy Stephens! At least Stacy Stephens attempts to rebound. Bethany just wills the ball to comes to her. And since she don't have special powers, the ball won't go to her!

Thank you, there is no way on Earth that Bethany is better than someone in basketball.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/01/05 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta33 wrote:

Thank you, there is no way on Earth that Bethany is better than someone in basketball.

Wait, she's not even better than Kelley Gibson? I mean, the incredible suckitude of Kelley Gibson *is* the thrust of this thread, right? Or is it just another clever disguise for a bash-the-shit-out-of-Bethany thread?

PostPosted: 03/01/05 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Str8_Butta33 wrote:

Wait, she's not even better than Kelley Gibson? I mean, the incredible suckitude of Kelley Gibson *is* the thrust of this thread, right? Or is it just another clever disguise for a bash-the-shit-out-of-Bethany thread?

I was one of Bethany's only supporters last season, I was pulling for her then, but I'm not anymore. I am not bashing her, please that's far from the case. I'm just stating the facts as I see them, you can take it how you want to though.

As for KG, I don't think she's that bad a player but maybe that's because I haven't had her on my team. Part of me says why not give her a shot, the other part says she's had her chances to show and prove with the Comets. I don't think that Van ever gives players other than Sheryl (my fav) and Tina the rope to make a mistake and keep playing, he usually yanks you after one mess up if you aren't thos two. That's why I think maybe KG will do better on another team, who knows.

Last edited by Str8_Butta on 03/01/05 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 03/01/05 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta33 wrote:

*EDIT*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: