RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Boston Celtics Film Read to Achieve PSA with Patients

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SportsPageMike

PostPosted: 10/18/05 5:34 am    ::: Boston Celtics Film Read to Achieve PSA with Patients Reply Reply with quote

Boston Celtics Film Read to Achieve PSA with Patients from Children’s Hospital Boston

By the Boston Celtics: October 17, 2005

Celtics All-Star captain Paul Pierce, rookie forward Ryan Gomes and Head Coach Doc Rivers spent time reading stories, participating in arts and crafts projects and visiting with patients at Children’s Hospital Boston this afternoon....

http://www.sportspagemagazine.com/published/pro/boston-celtics-film-read-.shtml

PostPosted: 10/18/05 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel like I'm starting to like Paul Pierce after seeing the Celtics Real Training Camp show on NBA-TV. Shocked Smile He actually wants to step up and be a VOCAL leader on this young team. I'm amazed.

Mathies to LA 2013
dtsnms

PostPosted: 10/19/05 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
I feel like I'm starting to like Paul Pierce after seeing the Celtics Real Training Camp show on NBA-TV. Shocked Smile He actually wants to step up and be a VOCAL leader on this young team. I'm amazed.

I saw that too! I was very impressed by that! I never thought I'd see it either.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 10/20/05 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey BBall, so much for Pierce growing up!

Today's paper: "I'm still going to dress the way I want to. On some days I may just take a fine".

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 10/20/05 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Hey BBall, so much for Pierce growing up!

Today's paper: "I'm still going to dress the way I want to. On some days I may just take a fine".

OMG! Shocked Thanks for informing me, dts! Wink I can't believe that I gave a half-way compliment to PP. Embarassed Rolling Eyes I need a shower now. Embarassed

Mathies to LA 2013
hoopladreams

PostPosted: 10/20/05 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not a Paul Pierce fan so its not like I'm coming to his defense on this, but in all honesty, if your employer told you that you could either (a) wear a suit everyday or (b) pay a $5 fine and wear whatever you wanted, wouldn't there be days that you would just pay the $5 fine and wear whatever to work?

If the NBA said that the players would be "fired" or suspended for not following the dress code, then PP might not have said this. But if all the NBA is gonna do is fine them, then players have the option to either dress accordingly or pay the fine.

It doesn't make you a bad person if you decide to pay the fine.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 10/20/05 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopladreams wrote:
I'm not a Paul Pierce fan so its not like I'm coming to his defense on this, but in all honesty, if your employer told you that you could either (a) wear a suit everyday or (b) pay a $5 fine and wear whatever you wanted, wouldn't there be days that you would just pay the $5 fine and wear whatever to work?

If the NBA said that the players would be "fired" or suspended for not following the dress code, then PP might not have said this. But if all the NBA is gonna do is fine them, then players have the option to either dress accordingly or pay the fine.

No! A resounding no. If my boss told me there was a dress code and I would be fined if I didn't do it, I would do it. Period. End of discussion. It's not the money factor. You work for an employer. The employer makes rules, you follow them. End of discussion. Or find another job. Maybe he can help Mendiola in the ABA!

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 10/20/05 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopladreams wrote:

No, unless you make a habit of it. People who get a speeding ticket once or twice in their lifetimes aren't "bad drivers". Those who make it a habit...well...ARE bad drivers.

From what I gather from PP's statement, he plans to make it a habit of breaking the rule.

Mathies to LA 2013
hoopladreams

PostPosted: 10/20/05 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
hoopladreams wrote:

No! A resounding no. If my boss told me there was a dress code and I would be fined if I didn't do it, I would do it. Period. End of discussion. It's not the money factor. You work for an employer. The employer makes rules, you follow them. End of discussion. Or find another job. Maybe he can help Mendiola in the ABA!

Ok, yeah, I hear what you're saying on this. Makes sense too. I guess fines should be viewed as a punishment, not as an option. I'm still in search of my first real job, so since I lack first hand experience I guess I just looked at this from a logical standpoint, not a practical one. While your point is a good one, the fact that a lot of the players are inexperienced with business procedures in the real world (as I am), they'll likely do just what I did and view the fines as an option (cuz logically that makes sense), not as a punishment or as a sign that they've disrespected their bosses.

Bottom line...you understand how the real-world works, but do they?

I sympathize with them a little bit cuz I'm still learning this "real-world" stuff too.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 10/20/05 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopladreams wrote:

No doubt Idea There is a story about how Miami Heat players paid the team in advance for future fines for not wearing a suit on the team's plane. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: