Board Junkies Forums

Pondexter to NY?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queenie

PostPosted: 02/23/10 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
Liberty fan nightmare scenario:

1. Trade 2011 #1 draft pick to Mercury for rights to Cappie, who signs 1-year deal, plus take Mazzante as part of deal and waive her in training camp 'cause mgmt. still likes Sid Spencer's 3-pt shooting better... Keep rest of team the same: Christon, McCarville, Carson, Vaughn, etc. except give up Kraayeveld for cap space.

2. Cappie has season-ending injury in May (*spits between two fingers to avoid a kunahura*)

3. Liberty end 2010 season in last place in EC again, alcohol sales increase during Liberty season by 25%. Ejections increase by 1000%, as there were no ejections in previous seasons -- ever.

4. Liberty win lottery again and get #1 pick, which now belongs to Phoenix.

5. Phoenix pick Maya Moore, who opts out of Rhodes scholarship. She figures she will get MacArthur Genius Grant when her basketball career is over anyway.

6. Cappie decides coming to NY was a bad idea and God punished her somehow, since NYC is full of sinners and she didn't get the Liberty team to pray enough before and after games, thus causing her injury; signs 5-year deal with L.A. Sparks & plans to end her career in Cali sunshine. Would have gone home to Chicago, but the Sky still suck.

7. Rebkell-Liberty fans sign murder/suicide pact to take place on draft day 2011. But they can't help discussing plans on board and so they are thwarted by Blaze's awareness of their plot as she gets away. WNBA will never discuss the incident, of course, and Rebkellians decide they'd rather live anyway so they can continue to bitch about Blaze & everything that's wrong with the league and the FFO's decisions here on the board.

8. MSG institutes increased security measures during the summer (Knicks/Rangers fans pose no threat), including metal detectors and shoe-removal policy for entry to Liberty games. Fans now angrier than ever at inconvenience. Food choices at games still remind everyone of when Becky Hammon wore a Liberty uniform except for price increases and expanding waistlines, and sushi bar is still a tease only open for Knicks and Rangers.

9. Play by Play menu is unchanged as well, except prices go up by 15% while alcohol content in mixed drinks is down 20%.

10. LIBERTY FOR ALL!

Quoted for truth, justice, hilarity, and insightfulness.

PostPosted: 02/23/10 9:23 pm    ::: Re: Pondexter to NY? Reply Reply with quote

CB wrote:
I'm told she is demanding nowhere but NY or no WNBA.

Surprised

Hey CB, you hearing any drums or seeing any smoke signals about the Mystics ? Cool

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/23/10 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
umbeta1455 wrote:
If this is true. It really sucks, but if we have to send her to NYC can we unload Mazz on you to. It's only fair.

We already have SPencer. Why the hell do we need 2 of the same? Who do u think we are? Phoenix? Minnesota?? Wink

Could always throw both of them into the trade. Phoenix saves some money (because Mazz is on considerably more than Spencer), New York gets to save some face by giving up Spencer in another trade for a superstar (rather than cutting her ass), and no one gets the duplicates. Everybody's happy! (sort of Wink )

scullyfu

PostPosted: 02/23/10 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
Liberty fan nightmare scenario:

1. Trade 2011 #1 draft pick to Mercury for rights to Cappie, who signs 1-year deal, plus take Mazzante as part of deal and waive her in training camp 'cause mgmt. still likes Sid Spencer's 3-pt shooting better... Keep rest of team the same: Christon, McCarville, Carson, Vaughn, etc. except give up Kraayeveld for cap space.

2. Cappie has season-ending injury in May (*spits between two fingers to avoid a kunahura*)

3. Liberty end 2010 season in last place in EC again, alcohol sales increase during Liberty season by 25%. Ejections increase by 1000%, as there were no ejections in previous seasons -- ever.

4. Liberty win lottery again and get #1 pick, which now belongs to Phoenix.

5. Phoenix pick Maya Moore, who opts out of Rhodes scholarship. She figures she will get MacArthur Genius Grant when her basketball career is over anyway.

6. Cappie decides coming to NY was a bad idea and God punished her somehow, since NYC is full of sinners and she didn't get the Liberty team to pray enough before and after games, thus causing her injury; signs 5-year deal with L.A. Sparks & plans to end her career in Cali sunshine. Would have gone home to Chicago, but the Sky still suck.

7. Rebkell-Liberty fans sign murder/suicide pact to take place on draft day 2011. But they can't help discussing plans on board and so they are thwarted by Blaze's awareness of their plot as she gets away. WNBA will never discuss the incident, of course, and Rebkellians decide they'd rather live anyway so they can continue to bitch about Blaze & everything that's wrong with the league and the FFO's decisions here on the board.

8. MSG institutes increased security measures during the summer (Knicks/Rangers fans pose no threat), including metal detectors and shoe-removal policy for entry to Liberty games. Fans now angrier than ever at inconvenience. Food choices at games still remind everyone of when Becky Hammon wore a Liberty uniform except for price increases and expanding waistlines, and sushi bar is still a tease only open for Knicks and Rangers.

9. Play by Play menu is unchanged as well, except prices go up by 15% while alcohol content in mixed drinks is down 20%.

10. LIBERTY FOR ALL!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! after a root canal yesterday, i needed a big belly laugh. priceless! Laughing

PostPosted: 02/23/10 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

YES

five_to_the_third

PostPosted: 02/23/10 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LOL @thesixthwoman . Don't forget the good beer stand near sec. 126, also merely a tease for Liberty fans (since 2006 when I swear it was open once).

Also, off-topic but misstated above: NYC is not the largest city in the world. It's #5. For largest in the world, Ms. Pondexter would need to go play in Tokyo.

DTP

PostPosted: 02/23/10 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Everyone focusing on Powell but idk, Christon would fit pretty well in Phoenix too if you asked me. Will be interesting to see how all this plays out, if its indeed true. I know one thing though, I've learned not to doubt CB.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/23/10 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Perhaps there is a friendship involved? By all Gods and other supernaturals of whatever types, we can only hope it doesn't get screwed up...Please FFO make it happen.

dynasty0207

PostPosted: 02/23/10 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shameka Christon would fit very well in phoenix's system but I believe New York has more loyalty to Christon. In addition, of they were to keep Powell and Pondexter, both of whom are new to the team, it may not be as an easy of transition as it may be for Pondexter with Christon. Not to mention, like someone said, Powell is from Arizona and players returning to their roots seems to be a recurring theme.

Starters:

Loree Moore
Cappie Pondexter
Shameka Christon
Tiffany Jackson
Janel McCarville

Bench:

Leilani Mitchell
Essence Carson
Sidney Spencer
Catherine Kraayeveld
Kia Vaugh

This is assuming NY only trades Powell and their 2011 first-round draft pick.

With Pondexter's superstar ability, she needs to be the sole star/leader of a team.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/23/10 11:42 pm    ::: Re: Pondexter to NY? Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
CB wrote:
I'm told she is demanding nowhere but NY or no WNBA.

Surprised

Hey CB, you hearing any drums or seeing any smoke signals about the Mystics ? Cool

And last year Lauren Jackson was guaranteed to come to Phoenix. Sometimes, things do not pan out. Hopefully this is one such occasion.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/23/10 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dynasty0207 wrote:
Shameka Christon would fit very well in phoenix's system but I believe New York has more loyalty to Christon. In addition, of they were to keep Powell and Pondexter, both of whom are new to the team, it may not be as an easy of transition as it may be for Pondexter with Christon. Not to mention, like someone said, Powell is from Arizona and players returning to their roots seems to be a recurring theme.

Starters:

Loree Moore
Cappie Pondexter
Shameka Christon
Tiffany Jackson
Janel McCarville

Bench:

Leilani Mitchell
Essence Carson
Sidney Spencer
Catherine Kraayeveld
Kia Vaugh

This is assuming NY only trades Powell and their 2011 first-round draft pick.

With Pondexter's superstar ability, she needs to be the sole star/leader of a team.

You must be joking. That worked out real well last year eh?

dynasty0207

PostPosted: 02/23/10 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hahha okay I have an obsession with Tiffany Jackson !!! :/

FS02

PostPosted: 02/24/10 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dynasty0207 wrote:
Hahha okay I have an obsession with Tiffany Jackson !!! :/

Tiffany Jackson--the 2008 vintage--was a good 6th-woman type player, I wouldn't give up on her yet either.

AAEmotion

PostPosted: 02/24/10 12:29 am    ::: Re: Pondexter to NY? Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
And last year Lauren Jackson was guaranteed to come to Phoenix. Sometimes, things do not pan out. Hopefully this is one such occasion.

That's exactly what I was wondering ... 'I wonder if this is as true as Lauren Jackson definitely signing with Phoenix last season?' Laughing

PostPosted: 02/24/10 7:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.swishappeal.com/2010/2/24/1324124/you-know-everybody-in-this-league

Comment from Carol Blazejowski

Haven't seen anything from the Mercury...................

PostPosted: 02/24/10 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Cappie is coming with the demand of "nowhere but NY or no WNBA", then I don't see why NY should feel obligated to give PHO fair trade value for Pondexter. Idea

That said, NY would be a disaster if they tried to field a lineup which involved 3 SFs using a half-court-oriented head coach. Therefore, Powell or Christon would likely be included in any trade. However, any more than that would unnecessary, as NY would just be bidding against themselves.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 02/24/10 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shrrew wrote:
http://www.swishappeal.com/2010/2/24/1324124/you-know-everybody-in-this-league

Comment from Carol Blazejowski

Haven't seen anything from the Mercury...................

It appears to me Blaze is talking in GM Code. I'm reading the GM Code as there has been talks but nothing is concrete now.

caune

PostPosted: 02/24/10 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
StevenHW wrote:
dynasty0207 wrote:
Nicole Powell will most likely be involved in the deal. While Nicole doesn't have the playmaking or one-on-one ability like cappie I feel Nicole Powell would really fit into phoenixs system. I really like this trade!!

Also, Powell is an Arizona native. So I guess the Libs get another ex-Rutgers player while Nicole comes home.

NY's #1 is a must, if this is true...I'm sure if Spencer can go for the #1 Cappie can too.

why cappie??? Sad

and btw, I don't want any of NY's crap...(sorry NY fans..you know it's true)

Well the truth is (if this is true), you either take what we offer or you'll get nothing at all (if Cappie's demands are true) and she won't play for you all at all this season)...

And the problem there is that you are probably not factoring in how desparate NY is to get a real Star like Cappie......and if you follow the NBA you know our owner doesn't really place much thought into doing what his players demand ala Amare Laughing
Teams tried to low ball the Suns by offering crap. Sarver basically said "We'll keep him" and he may walk after the season and the Suns get nothing, or they may get him to sign an extention. Point is they were willing to take that chance instead of giving him up to Cleveland for JJ Hickson and a big stiff Center.

I'm pretty sure IF Cappie wants to go it will be on the organizations terms, not hers.

Last edited by caune on 02/24/10 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
caune

PostPosted: 02/24/10 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Perhaps there is a friendship involved? By all Gods and other supernaturals of whatever types, we can only hope it doesn't get screwed up...Please FFO make it happen.

Oh and those deals can go bust before they even happen...like last years rumors Wink

PostPosted: 02/24/10 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

five_to_the_third wrote:
LOL @thesixthwoman . Don't forget the good beer stand near sec. 126, also merely a tease for Liberty fans (since 2006 when I swear it was open once).

Also, off-topic but misstated above: NYC is not the largest city in the world. It's #5. For largest in the world, Ms. Pondexter would need to go play in Tokyo.

oh no no i didnt say largest but thanks

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 02/24/10 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What happen did the Mercury try to low ball Cappie with their qualifying offer and she felt disrespected or does Cappie see advertising gold for herself in New York ?

harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 02/24/10 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibWNBAFan wrote:
El Barrio or Harlem Basketball could answer this...hasn't Cappie played at W. 4th in the past? If that's the case...toss in the Rutgers alums on the Liberty, playing at the Garden, and the big city...could be any of those. Not saying it is...just saying that there are things playing for the Liberty could offer her that she couldn't get from Phoenix.

She played there a lot when she was at Rutgers.
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 02/24/10 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Str8_Butta wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
StevenHW wrote:
dynasty0207 wrote:
Nicole Powell will most likely be involved in the deal. While Nicole doesn't have the playmaking or one-on-one ability like cappie I feel Nicole Powell would really fit into phoenixs system. I really like this trade!!

Also, Powell is an Arizona native. So I guess the Libs get another ex-Rutgers player while Nicole comes home.

NY's #1 is a must, if this is true...I'm sure if Spencer can go for the #1 Cappie can too.

why cappie??? Sad

and btw, I don't want any of NY's crap...(sorry NY fans..you know it's true)

Well the truth is (if this is true), you either take what we offer or you'll get nothing at all (if Cappie's demands are true) and she won't play for you all at all this season)...

And the problem there is that you are probably not factoring in how desparate NY is to get a real Star like Cappie......and if you follow the NBA you know our owner doesn't really place much thought into doing what his players demand ala Amare Laughing
Teams tried to low ball the Suns by offering crap. Sarver basically said "We'll keep him" and he may walk after the season and the Suns get nothing, or they may get him to sign an extention. Point is they were willing to take that chance instead of giving him up to Cleveland for JJ Hickson and a big stiff Center.

I'm pretty sure IF Cappie wants to go it will be on the organizations terms, not hers.

Yea I was just talking, wanted to contribute to the topic. Laughing I'm sure what I said had a few people thinking, hmmm maybe he's right! Wink But honestly, if it's true that Cappie only wants to play in NY then I guess we'll all just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

PostPosted: 02/24/10 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cappie tweets ....

-------------------
AlhajiMohammed:When Judging people judge them by there Character NOT BY YOURS
about 2 hours ago via UberTwitter
Reply Retweet Always stay true 2 the people that stay true 2 u now that's Loyalty
about 4 hours ago via UberTwitter
Reply Retweet RT @cappa23: @AlhajiMohammed yes i agree...loyalty is love--->if everyone was Loyal it would be a great thing
----------------------------------

everything that happens has a reason..imma trust and believe it!! keep lifting and fightin
about 23 hours ago via web

no clue. Laughing

PostPosted: 02/24/10 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shrrew wrote:
cappie tweets ....

-------------------
AlhajiMohammed:When Judging people judge them by there Character NOT BY YOURS
about 2 hours ago via UberTwitter
Reply Retweet Always stay true 2 the people that stay true 2 u now that's Loyalty
Reply Retweet RT @cappa23: @AlhajiMohammed yes i agree...loyalty is love--->if everyone was Loyal it would be a great thing
----------------------------------

everything that happens has a reason..imma trust and believe it!! keep lifting and fightin
about 23 hours ago via web

no clue. Laughing

Her tweets do tend to be all over the place. She tweeted several months ago about a trip to NY, raved about how much she loved it, and included a pic of the Holland Tunnel (which I think is totally illegal).

But agreed, no clue! Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 3 of 30

Jump to: