RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Pondexter to NY?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
coffy73

PostPosted: 02/23/10 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just can't see her anywhere else but Phoenix, so i'd have to hear it from her mouth to believe it. I wonder if she'll sorta answer a question on twitter? Maybe worth a try Smile

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 02/23/10 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow! Interesting. Hope it's true. CB's sources are usually on point so here's hoping.

I think dts is right...NY's #1 in 2011 would have to be part of the deal. I would gladly part with it to get Cappie here.

Wonder why she wouldn't want to return to Phoenix. Interesting stuff.

dynasty0207

PostPosted: 02/23/10 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nicole Powell will most likely be involved in the deal. While Nicole doesn't have the playmaking or one-on-one ability like cappie I feel Nicole Powell would really fit into phoenixs system. I really like this trade!!

bullsky

PostPosted: 02/23/10 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gpark33 wrote:
Be still, my heart. Shocked

Spoken like a true Lib fan. Laughing

PostPosted: 02/23/10 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dynasty0207 wrote:
Nicole Powell will most likely be involved in the deal. While Nicole doesn't have the playmaking or one-on-one ability like cappie I feel Nicole Powell would really fit into phoenixs system. I really like this trade!!

Also, Powell is an Arizona native. So I guess the Libs get another ex-Rutgers player while Nicole comes home.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 02/23/10 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
dynasty0207 wrote:

Also, Powell is an Arizona native. So I guess the Libs get another ex-Rutgers player while Nicole comes home.

NY's #1 is a must, if this is true...I'm sure if Spencer can go for the #1 Cappie can too.

why cappie??? Sad

and btw, I don't want any of NY's crap...(sorry NY fans..you know it's true)

PostPosted: 02/23/10 6:38 pm    ::: Re: Pondexter to NY? Reply Reply with quote

CB wrote:
I'm told she is demanding nowhere but NY or no WNBA.

Surprised

Must be a typo... are you sure it's not ANYWHERE but NY? Because that would make sense...

sambista

PostPosted: 02/23/10 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okay, just tell me: why on earth would cappie want ny or nothing at all?

PostPosted: 02/23/10 6:58 pm    ::: Re: Pondexter to NY? Reply Reply with quote

Barrister15 wrote:
CB wrote:

Surprised

Must be a typo... are you sure it's not ANYWHERE but NY? Because that would make sense...

-------
Heeeheee! Something to make me laugh in this confounded thread.

Powell may be an AZ native, but I can guaran-damn-tee you she ain't as popular as Cappie.

I know NYC is the style capital, but c'mon, Cappie! We got lotsa label shopping in Snotsdale.

AMD has never seemed to me to be a "homer" kinda GM. More the "best roster I can put together (on a W's shoestring)" kinda GM. What could be going on - cap space? Multi-team trades? Sheer rumor mill gone wrong (my fervent prayer)? What personal reasons could Cappie have to want to leave a team with which she's had an enormous amount of success?

Caune, I need your voice in here, woman! Dig those sources!!!

PostPosted: 02/23/10 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

El Barrio or Harlem Basketball could answer this...hasn't Cappie played at W. 4th in the past? If that's the case...toss in the Rutgers alums on the Liberty, playing at the Garden, and the big city...could be any of those. Not saying it is...just saying that there are things playing for the Liberty could offer her that she couldn't get from Phoenix.

cherrystreet

PostPosted: 02/23/10 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't see any athlete wanting to be number one so much that they want to go it alone. I don't think that team is good enough to get pass the Fever even with Cappie on it. Ask Vince Carter, T-mac, Wade without Shaq, AI if it works by yourself. I guess when you have won it's easier to do. Too bad the Mercury can't find the money to make all their players happy.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 02/23/10 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1. spotlight on her and not having to share it
2. most famous arena
3. biggest city in the world
4. close to rutgers
5. eastern conference is pretty weak so its not like she will miss the playoffs (most likely)
6. familiarity with donovan (olympics) again im sure its not a reason but its fact

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 02/23/10 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She'd have another all-star in Christon. It might not be Jordan-Pippen...but it'd be the best 1-2 offensive punch the Lib have ever had. Janel would have a lot more room to work too. If Christon's your second best player and McCarville's your third, that looks pretty decent compared to a number of other teams.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/23/10 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It would be an amusing future WNBA-trivia question if the only time Nicole Powell wears a Liberty jersey is when representing Sacramento at the NBA All-Star Game Very Happy .

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 02/23/10 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
StevenHW wrote:
dynasty0207 wrote:

NY's #1 is a must, if this is true...I'm sure if Spencer can go for the #1 Cappie can too.

why cappie??? Sad

and btw, I don't want any of NY's crap...(sorry NY fans..you know it's true)

Well the truth is (if this is true), you either take what we offer or you'll get nothing at all (if Cappie's demands are true) and she won't play for you all at all this season)...

PostPosted: 02/23/10 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If this is true. It really sucks, but if we have to send her to NYC can we unload Mazz on you to. It's only fair.

stats47

PostPosted: 02/23/10 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
It would be an amusing future WNBA-trivia question if the only time Nicole Powell wears a Liberty jersey is when representing Sacramento at the NBA All-Star Game Very Happy .

True that. Very Happy

PostPosted: 02/23/10 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i understand cappie's desire and am so excited to see this happen. in phoenix, no matter how great she is, she will ALWAYS play second fiddle to taurasi. im not saying the fans love taurasi more, im just saying taurasi is the leader of that team. it is hard for a team to find one superstar with world elite talent, but to have two is incredible. for cappie to play in new york she will own all of the spotlight. and quite frankly, i believe she can handle it and more. weve all said that ny does not have a superstar. well.. they are about to, possibly. cappie has won two championships and a finals mvp. shes been there, done that. to go to a team with a losing record and completely re-ignite the great passion of ny will be a far greater success than winning another championship in phoenix. if this rumor is true, it not only makes sense to me, but i believe it is the right decision.

cappie is a rock star and she will definitely bring that hollywood, superstar mentality back to the garden. i relate this to the knicks trying to get lebron james. it all makes sense.

boogiezen

PostPosted: 02/23/10 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow if this is true. Shocked

Last year I was nervous about LJ's decision, now it's Phoenix turn to feel the same. Unbelievable.

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/23/10 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had just given up hope. So how about

Powell, Jackson and 2011 1st round pick for Cappie and Mazz. Modified from version in Librty thread. Its a lot but NY needs a star off and on the court and Phx would be nuts to take anything less.

NYL 2010
Cappie/Moore
Carson/Mazz
Christon
Kraayveld/Larkins
McCarville/Vaughn

Spencer, Mitchell, #13, resigned AB, Huphpries (signed off Waivers), training camp contract, Latta (Hopefully off waivers), other, pick any two to fill out roster. (I'll pick Humphries and Latta, Mitchell if Latta is unavailable.)

Last edited by J-Spoon on 02/23/10 9:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 02/23/10 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty fan nightmare scenario:

1. Trade 2011 #1 draft pick to Mercury for rights to Cappie, who signs 1-year deal, plus take Mazzante as part of deal and waive her in training camp 'cause mgmt. still likes Sid Spencer's 3-pt shooting better... Keep rest of team the same: Christon, McCarville, Carson, Vaughn, etc. except give up Kraayeveld for cap space.

2. Cappie has season-ending injury in May (*spits between two fingers to avoid a kunahura*)

3. Liberty end 2010 season in last place in EC again, alcohol sales increase during Liberty season by 25%. Ejections increase by 1000%, as there were no ejections in previous seasons -- ever.

4. Liberty win lottery again and get #1 pick, which now belongs to Phoenix.

5. Phoenix pick Maya Moore, who opts out of Rhodes scholarship. She figures she will get MacArthur Genius Grant when her basketball career is over anyway.

6. Cappie decides coming to NY was a bad idea and God punished her somehow, since NYC is full of sinners and she didn't get the Liberty team to pray enough before and after games, thus causing her injury; signs 5-year deal with L.A. Sparks & plans to end her career in Cali sunshine. Would have gone home to Chicago, but the Sky still suck.

7. Rebkell-Liberty fans sign murder/suicide pact to take place on draft day 2011. But they can't help discussing plans on board and so they are thwarted by Blaze's awareness of their plot as she gets away. WNBA will never discuss the incident, of course, and Rebkellians decide they'd rather live anyway so they can continue to bitch about Blaze & everything that's wrong with the league and the FFO's decisions here on the board.

8. MSG institutes increased security measures during the summer (Knicks/Rangers fans pose no threat), including metal detectors and shoe-removal policy for entry to Liberty games. Fans now angrier than ever at inconvenience. Food choices at games still remind everyone of when Becky Hammon wore a Liberty uniform except for price increases and expanding waistlines, and sushi bar is still a tease only open for Knicks and Rangers.

9. Play by Play menu is unchanged as well, except prices go up by 15% while alcohol content in mixed drinks is down 20%.

10. LIBERTY FOR ALL!

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 02/23/10 8:58 pm    ::: Re: Pondexter to NY? Reply Reply with quote

CB wrote:

Surprised

No say it aint so CB Laughing

Cappie for Nicole Powell and the right to swap 2011 1st round picks Laughing

dynasty0207

PostPosted: 02/23/10 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see cappie playing pg. I like the idea of ny signing latta if she is released. If there is a choice, I think ny should keep Jackson over kraayeveld. I think ny still needs a 5.

Maybe ny and Phoenix could sorta do what minn and San an did with their 2nd round picks in the 2011 draft. Giving Phoenix the ability to switch 1st round draft picks in next years draft.

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 02/23/10 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We already have SPencer. Why the hell do we need 2 of the same? Who do u think we are? Phoenix? Minnesota?? Wink

Quote:
umbeta1455 wrote:
If this is true. It really sucks, but if we have to send her to NYC can we unload Mazz on you to. It's only fair.

PostPosted: 02/23/10 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is news to me...and I am 99% sure it's false. Still, I have a call in to Cappie...waiting to hear back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 2 of 30

Jump to: