RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

So Which Is Stevie's Best?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 10/18/05 4:21 pm    ::: So Which Is Stevie's Best? Reply Reply with quote

As one of the most significant musical minds releases his first album in a decade this week, MSNBC debated which album was Stevie Wonder's best. Here's there take:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7492804/

Tough call! I'd say top to bottom Innervisions is the best, but that's only because Songs is two discs, leaving room for some filler.

Living for the City was the first real gritty street discussion I ever remember on vinyl, well before Grandmaster Flash brought The Message out. On the other hand though, I Wish just is a butt-kicking record that deserves to be mentioned from Songs!

Here's to hoping the new album is as good as they are saying!

pilight

PostPosted: 10/18/05 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Journey Through The Secret Life Of Plants. Unjustly panned, this record anticipated the onslaught of sampling and the pop-disco fusion of Madonna & her many imitators. The melodies of "Send One Your Love" and other songs from this record have been recycled by many other artists over the years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: