RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

PUT ON THE GAWD DAM*N SUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MT_Swoopes

PostPosted: 10/06/05 9:00 pm    ::: PUT ON THE GAWD DAM*N SUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply Reply with quote

I have to vent about these NBA players.

You represent my company... when you at one of my affairs... you dress how I tell you or you quit. 30 year-old men b!tchin cause somebody said they gotta wear a collared shirt and slacks on the bench...making millions of dollars and can't wear a suit?? That's bullsh!t.

Wear a damn suit man...what you gonna be 37 still wearing throwbacks and bandanas? At what point do you outgrow the whole "thug" image? Sitting courtside, looking like a 16 year-old with cornrows!

The NBA like anything else in life is a BUSINESS! The complaining is a really a sad testament of what really is the issue for a lot of these players. They were handed a basketball all of their lives, but no tools to develop. That's the bottom line with Iverson. He is a 30 year-old BABY! He doesn't want change, 'cause it would mean that he would have to be an adult. He doesn't want to GROW THE FVCK UP.

There are players in this league who have matured in their lives to be MEN. I guarantee you, they won't have any problem with the new rule. I speak of Duncan, Hill, Okafor and the other upstanding citizens in the league. They are the same individuals who can handle the REAL WORLD, which is what Iverson doesn't want to be apart of. Sad part is, without the NBA where would his sorry ass be? He needs to get on his knees and be thankful, and stop crying about wearing a suit!

RANT OFF

Last edited by MT_Swoopes on 10/06/05 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
sambista

PostPosted: 10/06/05 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Exclamation

PostPosted: 10/06/05 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess this is what MT is referring to....

"I dress to make myself comfortable," Iverson told the Philadelphia Daily News. "I really do have a problem with it. ... It's just not right. It's something I'll fight for."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2181671

PostPosted: 10/06/05 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sympathetic. I hate wearing a suit and tie.

PostPosted: 10/07/05 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

But if you had a 5 million dollar a year job that said you should wear a suit, would you put up with wearing a suit?

Hell, I'd dress like Paula Abdul or Maraih Carey if you paid me that kind of money Shocked

PostPosted: 10/07/05 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
pilight wrote:

But if you had a 5 million dollar a year job that said you should wear a suit, would you put up with wearing a suit?

Hell, I'd dress like Paula Abdul or Maraih Carey if you paid me that kind of money Shocked

I am not a big fan of a suit and tie, but I had to where one yesterday for my job and it didn't even cross my mind to complain or "fight it." It is my job, I don't get paid close to $5 million.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 10/07/05 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a wedding to go to tomorrow....

should I wear My Sixers throwback with the red bandana or the Celtics one with the green bandana?

Oh wait, it's a Saturday night wedding. I better wear the black celtics throwback with the black doo-rag instead.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/07/05 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:

For a while. After a year or so I wouldn't need the job anymore.

PostPosted: 10/10/05 3:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What is this, Boarding School? ..Where you have to wear uniforms? Or in this case, suits and ties? Unnecessary...

Quote:
"I think we all have to understand the responsibility to this league. I understand the importance of not having a hat or headgear on or not wearing sunglasses during an interview, and I think on the bench there should be appropriate dress. But as far as having guys wear suits to shoot-around and on and off the bus, some guys don't like to wear suits. You've got to give guys a little bit of space."
http://www.detnews.com/2005/pistons/0510/10/C01-342063.htm

Queenie

PostPosted: 10/10/05 7:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They need to put it in the proper phrasing. Suits make some men look sexier, which means more and possibly better groupies, which means the odds for really great sex are better. Bet that would make the guys dress up in a hurry.

PostPosted: 10/10/05 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

David Stern = Pointy Haired Boss.

PostPosted: 10/17/05 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I needed to resurrect this thread.

My CT boy Marcus Camby gets my nomination for "JUST SHUT THE @#@$@ UP".

Camby and his $8 freaking million per year for sitting his always injured ass now thinks the players should get a stipend to buy suits because not all of them have them?

You have got to be kidding me......you moron!!!!! Shocked

thatGAgirl

PostPosted: 10/17/05 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

Camby and his $8 freaking million per year for sitting his always injured ass now thinks the players should get a stipend to buy suits because not all of them have them?

Please tell me you're kidding DTS Shocked What's next? A stipend for haircuts/hairbraiding? Grooming? Rolling Eyes

- Diana Taurasi

Last edited by thatGAgirl on 10/17/05 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/17/05 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thatGAgirl wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Please tell me you're kidding DTS Shocked

Latrell Sprewell REALLY won't be able to support his family if he has to buy some suits out of that $14 million a year.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 10/17/05 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

Marcus Camby, how can a guy NOT have a suit? Didn't he get drafted into the NBA (I realize not all guys were draft picks, but that's another story)? Doesn't he attend church? Sorry, I find it hard it hard to believe that a grown ass man does not own a single suit, especially when the grown ass man makes more money in a single season than most people will ever encounter in a 40-year working lifetime.

Mathies to LA 2013
dtsnms

PostPosted: 10/17/05 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thatGAgirl wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Please tell me you're kidding DTS Shocked What's next? A stipend for haircuts/hairbraiding? Grooming? Rolling Eyes

Sorry GA, that one's the truth. I couldn't believe it. He actually said it.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 10/17/05 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

F*CK the NBA.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 10/17/05 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here You Go! Two GREAT quotes from two standup individuals!!!

With NBA commissioner David Stern set to implement of a dress code, some players are finding fault with the possible change.

Denver Nuggets center Marcus Camby, who is in the midst of a $45 million contract, thinks the players should have additional compensation.

"I don't see it happening unless every NBA player is given a stipend to buy clothes," Camby told WOAI.

Philadelphia 76ers guard Allen Iverson has been a vocal critic of the proposed change.

"It sends a bad message to kids," Iverson told the Philadelphia Inquirer. "If you don't have a suit when you go to school, is your teacher going to think you're a bad kid because you don't have a suit on?"

pilight

PostPosted: 10/17/05 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
"It sends a bad message to kids," Iverson told the Philadelphia Inquirer. "If you don't have a suit when you go to school, is your teacher going to think you're a bad kid because you don't have a suit on?"

If Iverson doesn't think kids are judged by both teachers and other kids based on their clothes, he's the most ignorant man on the face of the earth.

PostPosted: 10/17/05 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

If Iverson doesn't think kids are judged by both teachers and other kids based on their clothes, he's the most ignorant man on the face of the earth.

Don't you just gotta laugh? Embarassed

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 10/17/05 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

Shocked Last time I checked, kids weren't professionals. Correct me if I'm wrong. Rolling Eyes Wink

Mathies to LA 2013
thatGAgirl

PostPosted: 10/17/05 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

That has to go in the books as one of the dumbest quotes ever. I mean EVER. Confused

I'm absolutely speechless.

- Diana Taurasi
caune

PostPosted: 10/17/05 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thatGAgirl wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

That has to go in the books as one of the dumbest quotes ever. I mean EVER. Confused

I'm absolutely speechless.

Wow, these guys are from planet Oblivious Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: