RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Gillom Will Likely Be Named LA Sparks Coach
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cui7

PostPosted: 12/06/09 4:50 pm    ::: Gillom Will Likely Be Named LA Sparks Coach Reply Reply with quote

according to Jayda Evans on Twitter http://twitter.com/JaydaEvans/statuses/6411218403

Last edited by Cui7 on 12/07/09 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
goldy

PostPosted: 12/06/09 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

Cui7

PostPosted: 12/06/09 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

goldy wrote:
Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

I know, what the fu-- Exclamation According to Ms. Evans announcements coming soon.

sbcatcher45

PostPosted: 12/06/09 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why would she wanna leave minni? They will be stacked next year. Who will coach the lynx if she leaves now?

PostPosted: 12/06/09 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sbcatcher45 wrote:
Why would she wanna leave minni? They will be stacked next year. Who will coach the lynx if she leaves now?

Katie Smith.

Cui7

PostPosted: 12/06/09 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

goldy wrote:
sbcatcher45 wrote:

Katie Smith.

Oh, Oh, I know! Pokey Chatman Very Happy Exclamation

Shades

PostPosted: 12/06/09 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sbcatcher45 wrote:

I guess L.A. is even more "stacked". After being so "grateful" to the LFO for the opportunity, this comes of as a bit of a betrayal.

sbcatcher45 wrote:
Who will coach the lynx if she leaves now?

How about Laimbeer? He's already under hire by Lynx/Timberwolves ownership. That would ease the sting a little bit. Very Happy

Cui7

PostPosted: 12/06/09 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
sbcatcher45 wrote:

I guess L.A. is even more "stacked". After being so "grateful" to the LFO for the opportunity, this comes of as a bit of a betrayal.

I know right? Damn, so they were not able to negotiate her contract? Why would she just leave them like that? That bothers me Exclamation

scullyfu

PostPosted: 12/06/09 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jayda has quite a few things to say on her blog:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/womenshoopsblog/index.html

PostPosted: 12/06/09 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
jayda has quite a few things to say on her blog:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/womenshoopsblog/index.html

Interesting. So, none of these former head coaches are expected to be named to the head coach position at Minnesota. If they name Jim Peterson I will blow my brains out Mad Exclamation

scullyfu

PostPosted: 12/06/09 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

that's how i feel about the possibility of whiz becoming the hc at the dub. if that happens, woodward should be fired.

PostPosted: 12/06/09 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cui7 wrote:
Shades wrote:
sbcatcher45 wrote:

I know right? Damn, so they were not able to negotiate her contract? Why would she just leave them like that? That bothers me Exclamation

You guys have to realize, this is a business. In any business, whenever you see a better opportunity rather its to coach more talented and experienced player or get more $$$ you take it. Lets be real, if you had the chance to go to LA and coach Candace Parker and Tina Thompson, would you turn that job down? Sure, Minnesota is "expected" to be stacked and have a lot of talent but that talent will still be very, very, young and inexperienced. That combination hasn't done so well in this league, thus far.

mandih23

PostPosted: 12/06/09 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Confused ... Uh, does she know realize the terrible situation that she will be putting Mercury fans in? Not nice to do that to us, we will definetely need a new voice if we must continue to hear the Might Mercury chant, although it would be somewhat fun to hear the voice of head coach of the Sparks blaring through USAC saying MIGHTY MERCURY! Laughing

PostPosted: 12/06/09 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a Sparks-Lynx fan.... I don't like it either way.
Laughing

I hope Stanley doesn't stay on as an assistant. She can hit the road too.

PostPosted: 12/06/09 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's hard to judge a coach when they lose the team's superstar so early in the season, but Gillom didn't impress me in the games I watched.
My uneducated guess is that this is LA's loss and Minny's gain. Both could do a lot better and I hope Minny indeed finds a coach to bring together all their talent.

PostPosted: 12/06/09 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I got on twitter to try and see what Jayda was saying but couldn't. The page says not now to much tweets Shocked Laughing

Last edited by cherrystreet on 12/06/09 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
abontorab9

PostPosted: 12/06/09 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What the hell?

DTP

PostPosted: 12/06/09 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
It's hard to judge a coach when they lose the team's superstar so early in the season, but Gillom didn't impress me in the games I watched.
My uneducated guess is that this is LA's loss and Minny's gain. Both could do a lot better and I hope Minny indeed finds a coach to bring together all their talent.

She didn't really impress me much either, honestly.

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 12/06/09 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cherrystreet wrote:
I got on twitter to try and see what Jayda was saying but couldn't. The page says not now to much tweets Shocked Laughing

The last time Twitter was over-capacity was when Michael Jackson passed. I had to go to CNN to make sure there wasnt some major event happening. Laughing

Probably those dang Redskins fans on there bitching about how they lost that game Razz

PostPosted: 12/06/09 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did Minny offer her a job to come back? Her contract was up, right?

PostPosted: 12/06/09 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gpark33 wrote:
Did Minny offer her a job to come back? Her contract was up, right?

The big question here is what did she ask of Minny?

PostPosted: 12/06/09 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Neither Stanley, Whisenant nor Mahorn are expected to replace Gillom in Minnesota, so where will these top coaches land? Fans are still irked with Jackson. And athletic directors tend to follow each other's lead, could Washington pick from the WNBA pool?"

Hmm what about Coach Reeve to Minny?

MuneravenMN
Champion Tipster

PostPosted: 12/06/09 10:01 pm    ::: This is just weird Reply Reply with quote

I love Gillom but I did not think she was an amazing head coach last year. I thought she was still learning how to do the job and might eventually be really good, and she was better than Coach Z, but I didn't think she was as good as, say, Plank in DC. So why would LA choose her to be their coach? Did I miss something? Shocked

PostPosted: 12/06/09 10:13 pm    ::: Re: This is just weird Reply Reply with quote

MuneravenMN wrote:
I love Gillom but I did not think she was an amazing head coach last year. I thought she was still learning how to do the job and might eventually be really good, and she was better than Coach Z, but I didn't think she was as good as, say, Plank in DC. So why would LA choose her to be their coach? Did I miss something? Shocked

Eventually very good is right. She will probably be very good for LA next season while Jim Peterson coaches them to a 10-24 record. The Lynx allowed the highest field goal percentage and three point percentage of the 13 teams in the league. This season she sucked Exclamation But next . . . she won't Evil or Very Mad Exclamation

StevenHW

PostPosted: 12/06/09 10:13 pm    ::: Re: This is just weird Reply Reply with quote

MuneravenMN wrote:

I guess they wanted an ex-WNBA player to be their head coach.

Then again, Jayda's column also mentioned Jenny Boucek as a possible candidate for the Sparks job.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: