RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

i am going to a birmingham power game

View previous topic :: View next topic  
herrade

PostPosted: 02/23/05 7:10 pm    ::: i am going to a birmingham power game Reply Reply with quote

i know, it's fucking crazy. i have a rule about going that far below the mason-dixon line, but it must be done. as a holiday gift, i received a one-day "porsche driving experience" package, and one just doesn't say no to a day on a nascar track with a 320-hp 911 carrera.

of course, it's not clear i'm actually going to be able to DRIVE, what with the smushed foot, but i'm going to try. then, after the speed frenzy, i'm going to head to the power/hawks game. i've never been to an nwbl game. should be interesting. at least, i expect better things than the knicks game i'll be going to saturday night.

PostPosted: 02/23/05 7:21 pm    ::: Re: i am going to a birmingham power game Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:
at least, i expect better things than the knicks game i'll be going to saturday night.

herrade you should be taking comfort in the fact that your boys are playing w/the 'self proclaimed "Best PG" in the league.' Embarassed
could it get any better then that Laughing

herrade

PostPosted: 02/23/05 7:33 pm    ::: Re: i am going to a birmingham power game Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22 wrote:

herrade you should be taking comfort in the fact that your boys are playing w/the 'self proclaimed "Best PG" in the league.' Embarassed
could it get any better then that Laughing

what a smack-ass that boy is. there isn't a way he doesn't piss me off. for my money, the knicks have looked better when moochie or brewer have been in. of course, now brewer is on the IL.

some one please find us a coach!

PostPosted: 02/24/05 3:50 am    ::: Re: i am going to a birmingham power game Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:
i know, it's fucking crazy. i have a rule about going that far below the mason-dixon line, but it must be done. as a holiday gift, i received a one-day "porsche driving experience" package, and one just doesn't say no to a day on a nascar track with a 320-hp 911 carrera.

Mmmm, Targa... Wink

320-hp... Can't put that in a hybrid! Razz 14 mpg and lovin' it, lol...

Enjoy your trip Herrade! Cool

stever

PostPosted: 02/24/05 6:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

...what Admiral said. Hope you're on the mend Herrade, remember, drive fast, turn left!
The prospect of you on the loose in Alabama is kinda' like Gertrude Stein at a Tupperware party, though. Have a great time!

8^)

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 02/24/05 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For those of you who have not had the pleasure of attending an NWBL game, it is a lot of fun. Generally, the crowds are small and courtside tickets are not expensive at all. You will meet nothing but the most die-hard of women's basketball fans there.

It is also fun to see the combinations of players that you aren't accustomed to see playing together. If Swoopes makes the trip for the Hawks, when would you get to see her play with the likes of Stacey Stephens with Stiles on the bench as an assistant coach? Just weird stuff like that.

After a swift drive of left turns, this will be a great nightcap. And, oh yeah, Alabama is way different from the rest of the South.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/24/05 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Have fun!

You certainly deserve a break in the positive way!

The Power are an overachieving group, with few names. I believe Jordan Adams may be the biggest. Lubbock has Mazzante, and just added Swoopes (if she travels), Shrecka Wright, and some others. Let me know, I'll be curious how many people are actually at the game.

herrade

PostPosted: 02/26/05 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

too bad i NEVER MADE IT to birmingham.

that snow storm rolled in just in time to shut down the new york airports long enough to completely destroy any plan to get out of here. we tried all kinds of scenarios -- taking the train somewhere then flying, flying anywhere in the south then driving. nothing would have gotten us to birmingham by 7:00 CST. all the flights were either filled or cancelled. luckily, the kind folks at porsche driving experience were understanding. i'm now rebooked for august.

PostPosted: 02/26/05 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's too bad!

Dani was in FLA with her grandparents and I spent all yesterday trying to get my cargo back to CT. She finally made it in, her luggage didn't!

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/26/05 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Herrade, sorry about that weather.
I've been lucky the last couple years when traveling to college or NWBL games. I always wonder when I make my plans if I'll really be able to get where I'm going.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/27/05 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's the box score for what you missed. For someone reason Swoopes is the only big player travelling with Lubbock this trip; no Mazzante, no Wright. But you did miss a Molly Creamer 2 for 10, 9 point effort (for a Lib connection). Attendance - 493 Shocked

http://nwbl.thestatzone.com/stats.asp?game=177&printable=N

herrade

PostPosted: 02/27/05 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

speaking of the lib connection, check out these stat lines:

No.NAME FG-FGA 3PM-3PA FT-FTA OFDETOTPFTP A TOBLK S MIN
25 Becky Hammon 7-21 3-11 5-5 1 4 5 2 22 8 7 0 1 38
21 Amisha Carter 11-18 0-0 0-0 4 9 13 2 22 1 2 1 4 34

yes, that's right. becky shot 33%; 27% from 3-pt. you have to ask yourself why... over and over again. 8 assits, 7 TOs. please let the divine light of reason fall upon FFO. please find us a fucking point guard now.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: