RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

SEATTLE...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 02/24/05 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No "me" regarding Seattle, but I am an LJ fan. I am also very sure there cannot be an overabundance of Aussies on the Storm.

Burse would definitely bring a boost to the Merc. Seattle would have to get more than just Veal for the likes of Burse, it would seem to me. Kristin has been out of the W for what , two years now?

But, one player I don't hear the Mercury faithful commenting on in the front court is Gwen Jackson, acquired in the Adrian trade. Do you all not like what she brings? I loved watching her when she was able to play in San Antonio...so is there no love for her in the desert? I talked to some fans at a game in Phoenix last summer and they seemed very positive about her.

I'm not saying she is the answer for the middle, but a strong player who brings a big game.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/24/05 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
But, one player I don't hear the Mercury faithful commenting on in the front court is Gwen Jackson, acquired in the Adrian trade. Do you all not like what she brings?

Gwen Jackson is one of the Brigade's favorite players! Most of us have been advocating for her to start over Plenette. And if we would have acquired DeMya, Gwen would have started, as Plenette cannot handle being the second option in the post.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 02/24/05 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Should know anyone that proclaims "FOLEY'S A LEDGE" knows a good baller when they see one!!

Take care of her and I do hope to see more of G-Jack on the court next year.

BTW, Cam-ster...I know my neighbors must think I have completely lost my mind when I am watching a Duke basketball game and they hear the loudest shout coming from my direction:::: FOLEY'S A LEDGE!!! I just shout it at the top of my lungs everytime she touches the ball...or even looks in the direction of the ball...or heck, whenever she is in uni!!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/24/05 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
Should know anyone that proclaims "FOLEY'S A LEDGE" knows a good baller when they see one!!

BTW, Cam-ster...I know my neighbors must think I have completely lost my mind when I am watching a Duke basketball game and they hear the loudest shout coming from my direction:::: FOLEY'S A LEDGE!!! I just shout it at the top of my lungs everytime she touches the ball...or even looks in the direction of the ball...or heck, whenever she is in uni!!

grumble, grumble...I'll always HATE that girl...Foley for 3.... Evil or Very Mad

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 02/24/05 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
4ever_bball_fan wrote:

grumble, grumble...I'll always HATE that girl...Foley for 3.... :evil:

THAT WAS THE DAY I FELL IN LOVE WITH THE GIRL!!!! WHOO--HOOO!!!

Sorry, Old Bean...I will have to buy you a soda at the ASG this summer to make up for reminding you of that heartbreaker.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/24/05 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
4ever_bball_fan wrote:

grumble, grumble...I'll always HATE that girl...Foley for 3.... Evil or Very Mad

THAT WAS THE DAY I FELL IN LOVE WITH THE GIRL!!!! WHOO--HOOO!!!

Sorry, Old Bean...I will have to buy you a soda at the ASG this summer to make up for reminding you of that heartbreaker.

No prob; I'm not a Duke hater, and we did get the bigger prize at the end. But I will take you up on that soda!

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/24/05 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan, we LOVE Gwen Jackson! She comes in, plays defense, rebounds, scores, and NEVER complains about minutes, shots or her role on the team.

And I love the "Foley's a Ledge" story!

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/24/05 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gwen!

: )

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 02/24/05 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK, just to keep track...I am on the line for sodas with dts in Uncasville and must obviously find my way to Phoenix to hang with the Brigade...hey, perhaps during the playoffs in September. What think, Cam?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/24/05 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Membership in the Brigade requires heavy drinking and very off-color comments. And, if Herrade and I are around, exposure is encouraged, early and often. Smile

Seriously, we would love to show you around!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/24/05 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
OK, just to keep track...I am on the line for sodas with dts in Uncasville and must obviously find my way to Phoenix to hang with the Brigade...hey, perhaps during the playoffs in September. What think, Cam?

If you do well at the slots or tables, the price goes up to the 23 layer cake at Michael Jordan's Steakhouse on the Res.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 02/24/05 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
4ever_bball_fan wrote:

If you do well at the slots or tables, the price goes up to the 23 layer cake at Michael Jordan's Steakhouse on the Res.

That would mean I would have to gamble first, right?? We will see what happens, but this po' folks woman has never been one for such big city activities.

But the Texan in me is liken' the sound of a steakhouse, no matter whose name is on the door...YEE HAHHH

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/24/05 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
4ever_bball_fan wrote:

That would mean I would have to gamble first, right?? We will see what happens, but this po' folks woman has never been one for such big city activities.

But the Texan in me is liken' the sound of a steakhouse, no matter whose name is on the door...YEE HAHHH

It is awesome, but one of the highest priced restaurants I've ever been too. But the 23 layer cake....$13 a slice, and 3 of us couldn't finish one slice. It is heavenly.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 02/24/05 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey, I'll be on vacation!!!!

But a 23 layer cake is probably taller than I am...

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 02/25/05 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

grumble, grumble...I'll always HATE that girl...Foley for 3....

AGREED. That just brought back some painful memories. I was depressed for like a week. That was an awesome game though.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/25/05 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I sent a card to Foley after that game.

All it said inside was, "Nice shot."

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 02/25/05 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovy rocks the LEDGE!!!

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/26/05 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"I sent a card to Foley after that game.

All it said inside was, "Nice shot." "

When Jess Foley signed my poster this year, I asked her to make reference to "the shot". Her reply is telling: She said "that was LAST year". And yes, she's having a VERY good YEAR this season. She has no intention of parlaying one shot to fame a la Charlotte Smith from UNC.

~rAf

~rAf
Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/26/05 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, she's got a lot more going on than that. I went to a Carolina game last year and the guy next to me told me the whole story about Charlotte's shot.
It was like listening to a Bulls fan talk about Jordan or last January...
Not to take anything away from Charlotte, but I do see your point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: