RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Curry wants Sign-and-Trade
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoopladreams

PostPosted: 10/04/05 12:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And at least the whole ugly situation has finally been resolved and now the Bulls can focus on training camp and preparing for the season. We don't wanna start 0-9 again, right?

PostPosted: 10/04/05 12:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopladreams wrote:
And at least the whole ugly situation has finally been resolved and now the Bulls can focus on training camp and preparing for the season. We don't wanna start 0-9 again, right?

Right, we have to get off to a good start early.

PostPosted: 10/04/05 1:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopladreams wrote:
Hmmm...I don't know how I feel about all of this.

On one hand, I'm sad to see Eddy go. Geez, we've gone thru four years of watching Eddy Curry LEARN the game of basketball. We've watched this kid grow up and progress for four years with the hope that all of our patience would payoff when he finally "got it" and became a dominant center in this league. And here we are, four years later, with Tim Thomas and Michael Sweetney. Doesn't seem quite fair, does it?

On the other hand, Eddy Curry is just the kind of basketball player that I can't stand. The kind of player that has all the god-given talent in the world but just doesn't have what it takes between-the-ears. He's lazy. He has a bad attitude. He has no passion for the game. He's all about the money. He's likely to be a lifetime underacheiver.

I felt the same way last year with Jamal Crawford. I liked him as a Bull but he was a very frustrating player to watch. JC and EC are both players that have so much talent that you just wanna keep giving the one-more-year to figure it out. Things worked out for the best when the Bulls let JC go last year, hopefully it will be the same with Curry this year.

And yeah, the Bulls should have just made Isiah Thomas their GM two seasons ago. Woulda made his life a whole lot easier.

Good luck to EC in New York. With JC, Starbury and Larry Brown out there as well, that is gonna be an interesting clash of personalities.

And oh yeah, the rumors about the Knicks cutting Antonio Davis and him returning to the Bulls had better be true. If we gave up Curry and Davis for Sweetney, Thomas and a scrub, I'm gonna be even more upset.

I guess we'll just have to wait till the morning to see the exact terms of the deal.

I like AD because of his leadership in the locker room. I don't think his wife wantsto move from Chicago. She likes it over here. Very Happy

PostPosted: 10/04/05 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopladreams wrote:
Hmmm...I don't know how I feel about all of this.

On one hand, I'm sad to see Eddy go. Geez, we've gone thru four years of watching Eddy Curry LEARN the game of basketball. We've watched this kid grow up and progress for four years with the hope that all of our patience would payoff when he finally "got it" and became a dominant center in this league. And here we are, four years later, with Tim Thomas and Michael Sweetney. Doesn't seem quite fair, does it?

On the other hand, Eddy Curry is just the kind of basketball player that I can't stand. The kind of player that has all the god-given talent in the world but just doesn't have what it takes between-the-ears. He's lazy. He has a bad attitude. He has no passion for the game. He's all about the money. He's likely to be a lifetime underacheiver.

I felt the same way last year with Jamal Crawford. I liked him as a Bull but he was a very frustrating player to watch. JC and EC are both players that have so much talent that you just wanna keep giving the one-more-year to figure it out. Things worked out for the best when the Bulls let JC go last year, hopefully it will be the same with Curry this year.

And yeah, the Bulls should have just made Isiah Thomas their GM two seasons ago. Woulda made his life a whole lot easier.

Good luck to EC in New York. With JC, Starbury and Larry Brown out there as well, that is gonna be an interesting clash of personalities.

And oh yeah, the rumors about the Knicks cutting Antonio Davis and him returning to the Bulls had better be true. If we gave up Curry and Davis for Sweetney, Thomas and a scrub, I'm gonna be even more upset.

I guess we'll just have to wait till the morning to see the exact terms of the deal.

According to sources, Isiah traded Michael Sweetney, Tim Thomas, a contingent 2006 1st round pick and two 2nd round picks. The contract is 6 years, $55 mil. Considering no other teams were fighting for Curry, do you think the Knicks overpaid? Shocked Question Reminds me of the Allan Houston signing... Arrow

BCBG25

PostPosted: 10/04/05 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jesus Effen Christ, will the stupidity never end??? Evil or Very Mad
I hope for this guy's sake that nothing happens. And Zeke is just turning this into a feel good story, like many we've heard, only that they didn't start this badly. Anyways, he's a good player, but a dead man walking if he decides to return to basketball full time.

PostPosted: 10/04/05 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Jesus Effen Christ, will the stupidity never end??? Evil or Very Mad
I hope for this guy's sake that nothing happens. And Zeke is just turning this into a feel good story, like many we've heard, only that they didn't start this badly. Anyways, he's a good player, but a dead man walking if he decides to return to basketball full time.

I guess Zeke is hoping for an Alonzo Mourning-style comeback... Or, he just likes to gamble. But what irks me is not the years on the contract, but the dollars. Shocked You'd think that NY would use that info and the recent refusal to take a DNA test to sign Curry on the cheap.. Instead, they signed him for exactly what Eddy was asking for in the beginning. Good job. Idea

hoopladreams

PostPosted: 10/04/05 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

$55 million over 6 years? Giving a healthy Eddy Curry that kind of contract is risky!

Curry needs short contracts (and incentives) so that he is never too far away from a contract year. Contract years are the only years when Eddy will actually try. And when he's trying, he still only gets 5.4 rebounds per game Shocked

The more I think about it, the more I think that I should stop feeling bad for the Bulls and start taking some pity on the Knicks.

And in no way, shape or form can Eddy Curry EVER be compared to Alonzo Mourning. Zo was/is a fierce competitor with heart and a true passion for the game. Curry is none of those things.

But I definitely understand why Thomas would take a gamble on him...I mean a 22 year old, athletic and agile true center with good hands? That's hard to find. But 6 years is just way too 'effen' long (healthy or not)...

PostPosted: 10/05/05 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Larry: What was he thinking???

PostPosted: 10/05/05 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Larry doesn't want to hear about it Evil or Very Mad

Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: