RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NCAA point of emphasis- 'bench decorum'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/27/05 1:07 pm    ::: NCAA point of emphasis- 'bench decorum' Reply Reply with quote

http://www.womenshoops.blogspot.com/

i pray that this will bring to an end the contrived, mickey mouse UCONN high-10 down -the -bench celebration after every 3.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/27/05 1:25 pm    ::: Re: NCAA point of emphasis- 'bench decorum' Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
i pray that this will bring to an end the contrived, mickey mouse UCONN high-10 down -the -bench celebration after every 3.

Yeah, but who's going to hold Geno back from attacking the refs? Laughing

PostPosted: 09/27/05 1:32 pm    ::: Re: NCAA point of emphasis- 'bench decorum' Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Yeah, but who's going to hold Geno back from attacking the refs? Laughing

maybe it's time the alpha dog had a leash?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/27/05 1:48 pm    ::: Re: NCAA point of emphasis- 'bench decorum' Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

I gotta ask, why does that bother you so much?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/27/05 2:51 pm    ::: Re: NCAA point of emphasis- 'bench decorum' Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

What the hell is Marron supposed to do now?

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 09/27/05 3:22 pm    ::: Re: NCAA point of emphasis- 'bench decorum' Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

imHo, it is mickey-mouse bullshit. it's stupid. it takes camera-time from the game. oh look, ann just hit a 3, switch to camera 3 following marron down the bench. woop-de-doo.

i mean, how 3rd-grade do they have to be?

ps for cam- marron is gone. there is unbridled excitement in huskyland trying to guess who will be the new D3H (designated 3 high 10-er)!

my hope is that geno will see this POE as a way to curtail this school-girl crap.

you asked. Twisted Evil

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/27/05 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Every team has something. When she was at Duke, Alana was a big fan of the chest-bump. I would just be happy if Mistie Williams' eyes didn't bug out of her head every time she is called for a foul.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 09/27/05 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Every team has something. When she was at Duke, Alana was a big fan of the chest-bump. I would just be happy if Mistie Williams' eyes didn't bug out of her head every time she is called for a foul.

i'm glad i will never again have to watch jessica moore's reaction to EVERY foul called on her. Rolling Eyes

and while i'm at it, never having to watch ashley valley fall on her face again is another plus to the upcoming season!

GO HUSKIES!

PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/27/05 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Between Kelly Komara's fist-pumping (since stolen by another stocky guard) and Shereka Wright's put out laugh of disdain when she was called for a foul, I am ready for a nice calm player who just stares ahead blankly while she plays.

desafiada6

PostPosted: 09/27/05 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Matty...Wisdom-Hylton seems pretty calm most of the time...same facial expression. LOL! Laughing Wink

PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/27/05 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

desafiada6 wrote:
Matty...Wisdom-Hylton seems pretty calm most of the time...same facial expression. LOL! Laughing Wink

Very Happy

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/29/05 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't really care for the Czel-Marron 3pt high-10 celebrations either. I don't think they did it before Czel.

My primary objection is probably not shared by many: I don't like the 3pt shot ... it's my least favorite shot in baskeball ... hence I don't care to see it celebrated. If you see someone who never stands up and cheers at a 3pt shot, but always does so on a back door cut, that may be me ... especially if I look like Emmylou Harris.

My other objection is that the celebration seems artificial and contrived, especially when the team is winning by 40 points. It then takes on a bit of a "rubbing the opponents nose in it" flavor.

Otherwise and in general, however, I think a lot of handslapping and positive comments among players help build good team spirit.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 09/29/05 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did I read correctly, the women are going to have the 10 second back court violation this year?

I just reread it, the 10 second rule is for certified(exempt) games before Jan 1.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 10/01/05 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I don't really care for the Czel-Marron 3pt high-10 celebrations either. I don't think they did it before Czel.

My primary objection is probably not shared by many: I don't like the 3pt shot ... it's my least favorite shot in baskeball ... hence I don't care to see it celebrated. If you see someone who never stands up and cheers at a 3pt shot, but always does so on a back door cut, that may be me ... especially if I look like Emmylou Harris.

My other objection is that the celebration seems artificial and contrived, especially when the team is winning by 40 points. It then takes on a bit of a "rubbing the opponents nose in it" flavor.

Otherwise and in general, however, I think a lot of handslapping and positive comments among players help build good team spirit.

i agree re: the 3-pt.er- it's the reason AS has no inside game and why the mid-range game is all but gone from basketball.

the line should be moved to NBA range, or removed altogether.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 10/01/05 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think bench decorum is a good idea.
Although Christmas lights would be nice, the players might trip over an extension cord, and in the playoffs an Easter egg could roll out on to the court causing a player to slip and fall.

Wink

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 10/02/05 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LMAO Slovy... I tought the same thing at first.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 10/02/05 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ryan2528 wrote:
LMAO Slovy... I tought the same thing at first.

LOL!

I couldn't resist!

styxfan22

PostPosted: 10/02/05 9:49 pm    ::: Re: NCAA point of emphasis- 'bench decorum' Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

They're supposed to be players, not cheerleaders.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 10/03/05 6:13 am    ::: Re: NCAA point of emphasis- 'bench decorum' Reply Reply with quote

styxfan22 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

They're supposed to be players, not cheerleaders.

And what about the unlucky spectators that sit behind the UConn bench at away games? All they see is a forest of arms! Wink Down in front!

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 10/03/05 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really sounds like more of the NCAA sticking their nose in places they have no business in, typical, they come up with more crap, they worry about things that have no bearing on anything, what is the purpose of this rule? To show and exert their power? Point of emphasis, what the hell?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 10/03/05 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I gotta tell you except for the Slovy jokes you all sound like 800 year old farts.

they stand up...it's contrived....I can't see....they get upset and make faces.

LMAO! THEY ARE COLLEGE KIDS. DOES IT REALLY HAVE AN IMPACT ON THE GAME IF UCONN HAS A 3-PT PLANNED CELEBRATION?

Here's an idea, don't let them make the shot, and then they won't celebrate huh? Wow! What a concept!

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 10/03/05 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
LMAO! THEY ARE COLLEGE KIDS. DOES IT REALLY HAVE AN IMPACT ON THE GAME IF UCONN HAS A 3-PT PLANNED CELEBRATION

See my last post, what the hell, 'Point of Emphasis', we all feel so much better knowing the NCAA is looking out for us, and knowing it will help weed out any vocal and excitable players on the sidelines is such a great move on their part. Those ladies should be studying or something over there when they're not actually in the game.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 10/03/05 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
Quote:
LMAO! THEY ARE COLLEGE KIDS. DOES IT REALLY HAVE AN IMPACT ON THE GAME IF UCONN HAS A 3-PT PLANNED CELEBRATION

See my last post, what the hell, 'Point of Emphasis', we all feel so much better knowing the NCAA is looking out for us, and knowing it will help weed out any vocal and excitable players on the sidelines is such a great move on their part. Those ladies should be studying or something over there when they're not actually in the game.

damn straight reb! I missed your post before.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 10/03/05 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In The Diana's senior year, UConn was at Pepperdine. I was sitting right behind the bench, but moved because I couldn't see over the players - LOL!

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 10/03/05 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
In The Diana's senior year, UConn was at Pepperdine. I was sitting right behind the bench, but moved because I couldn't see over the players - LOL!

Actually, the players had to move away from you because pink was not their signature color. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: