RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA OWNERSHIP CHALLENGE ANNOUNCEMENTS AND RULES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ucdt3

PostPosted: 09/08/09 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pants wrote:
myrtle wrote:
I don't see the point in adding the salary cap. Just adds more complexity...and the salary cap would probably benefit me.

this is getting way to complicated...no salary cap. I am starting to regret joining! Too much being added and we haven't even started yet!

Being an Owner/GM/Coach is NOT easy....hence the point of the game RavenDog started....to see just how TOUGH it really is to put together a team....and what are YOU worried about....you have a GREAT core of 6 plus a decent bench....you wouldn't have to do much (AMD already did most of it for you Laughing )

Plus, the game has started we are just waiting on TULSA to finish the expansion draft!!!!!

apocolocyntosis

PostPosted: 09/08/09 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tulsa has finished making selections. These were made as per RavenDog's rules. The commissioner has just received them.

JRae

Location: somewhere where they got rid of their wnba team cuz the kings suck

PostPosted: 09/08/09 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Tulsa Pulse have made their selections and they are as followed:

Tulsa selects...
Minnesota: Kelly Miller
Los Angeles: Kristi Harrower
New York: Leilani Mitchell
Detroit: Alexis Hornbuckle
Connecticut: Amber Holt
Seattle: Katie Gearlds
Chicago: Tamera Young
Phoenix: Le'Coe Willingham
Indiana: Jessica Moore
San Antonio: Erin Perperoglou
Atlanta: Michelle Snow
Sacramento: Courtney Paris
Washington: Nakia Sanford

As of right now, Trades are open. Get started! And Remember, there is a 15 player limit right now. I think we should wait to the end of the season(not playoffs) to see where the teams sit and then make the call for the Draft. We will start the one player free agent signings tomorrow morning. We will go off the list that Ravendog had already posted and go with that order.

Avatar: From the back of my car. yes it's still there. Maloofs can suck it!
JRae

PostPosted: 09/08/09 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Transaction:

9/08:The Minnesota Lynx trade F/C Tasha Humphrey, Georgia to the Tulsa Pulse for C Michelle Snow, Tennesee and F Amber Holt, MTSU.

9/08: The New York Liberty trade Sydney Spencer to The Sacramento Monarchs for Laura Harper and Lisa Willis.

Last edited by JRae on 09/08/09 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
ucdt3

PostPosted: 09/08/09 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JRae wrote:
As of right now, Trades are open. Get started! And Remember, there is a 15 player limit right now. I think we should wait to the end of the season(not playoffs) to see where the teams sit and then make the call for the Draft. We will start the one player free agent signings tomorrow morning. We will go off the list that Ravendog had already posted and go with that order.

I vote we go off the reverse order of the current league standings for 2009....and put Tulsa first for the initial signings and waive claimer....

but wait until the completion of the 2009 regular season this Sunday to then have the order for the 2010 draft (w/Tulsa at the #4 pick)...plus following the trades that went with the 2010 draft (i.e. - NY 1st Rd pick to Min, Pho 1st Rd pick to LA, Min 2nd Rd pic to Was)

JRae

PostPosted: 09/08/09 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

we can do that. thats not a prob

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/09/09 12:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Commish JRae something fishy is happening, the trading happen too fast.

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 09/09/09 2:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so only trading now but now FA signings?

JRae

PostPosted: 09/09/09 2:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i know a few owners had already started talking trades while they were waiting for Tulsa to pick who they wanted. I, myself, was contacted about several trade options before I had even agreed to be Commish. I assume Tulsa/Lynx had agreed to principle before Tulsa picked who they wanted. But you are correct, i screwed up on the rule, not intentionally, and switched the two. So we will halt all trading until we have the FA picked up. LA and San Antonio will also be picking TWO FA if they choose too because they will actually lose LL and VJ to retirement so to get them back up to 11 they will need two players, not just one. so everyone will pick once, and then LA and SAS will pick their 2nd choice.

JRae

PostPosted: 09/09/09 2:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Initial Signings

Initial Signing of ONE player will adhere to the following order:

1. Tulsa
2. Sacramento
3. New York
4. Minnesota
5. Connecticut
6. Washington
7. San Antonio
8. Chicago
9. Los Angeles
10. Detroit
11. Atlanta
12. Seattle
13. Indiana
14, Phoenix
15. San Antonio
16:Los Angeles

It will be done live ON LINE. Tulsa will choose first and submit their selection to HQ by private message. HQ will review/approve it and then post it for all Owners to see and then move on to Sacramento, etc., etc.

This Initial Signing is to equitably and orderly allow Owners to replenish their rosters to the 15 player ceiling except Tulsa whose new temporary ceiling will be 14.

Please note; that Owners can choose to pass. There is no requirement that an Owner must carry the maximum temporary ceiling amounts.

Owners are not permitted to process waivers, new signings or trades through HQ until this Initial Signing process is completed.

During this phase of the Challenge, HQ has no restrictions about Owners openly discussing free agents at will, if they so choose.

Last edited by JRae on 09/09/09 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Spark4Life

PostPosted: 09/09/09 3:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JRae wrote:
i know a few owners had already started talking trades while they were waiting for Tulsa to pick who they wanted. I, myself, was contacted about several trade options before I had even agreed to be Commish. I assume Tulsa/Lynx had agreed to principle before Tulsa picked who they wanted. But you are correct, i screwed up on the rule, not intentionally, and switched the two. So we will halt all trading until we have the FA picked up. LA and San Antonio will also be picking TWO FA if they choose too because they will actually lose LL and VJ to retirement so to get them back up to 11 they will need two players, not just one. so everyone will pick once, and then LA and SAS will pick their 2nd choice.

so are the trades that were announced voided?

JRae

PostPosted: 09/09/09 3:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

if the owners want them void, we can void them but im pretty sure they will go through anyways, just after the FA signing. so its up to the owners. pretty much of someone seconds the protest then ill void them and we can all do it over again

JRae

PostPosted: 09/09/09 3:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

just to make life easier for us guys, when trying to find updates and transactions. we can continue to talk in the thread, but this just makes it easier lol

http://wnbachallenge.webs.com/index.html

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 09/09/09 3:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JRae wrote:
if the owners want them void, we can void them but im pretty sure they will go through anyways, just after the FA signing. so its up to the owners. pretty much of someone seconds the protest then ill void them and we can all do it over again

oh no, I wasn't protesting I was just wondering..doesn't matter to me. like you said they will happen anyway..

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/09/09 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

when is the FA draft gonna start? or has it already started?

PostPosted: 09/09/09 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
when is the FA draft gonna start? or has it already started?

By rules the FA draft should've started before trading happen.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/09/09 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JRae wrote:

I'm seconding and thirding the protest, someone pulled a fast one. Evil or Very Mad

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/09/09 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
JRae wrote:

I'm seconding and thirding the protest, someone pulled a fast one. Evil or Very Mad

Honestly, I don't think it's that big of a deal. Everyone's been talking about their trades. It's not like they had that big of an advantage.

Let's not be a bunch of pains in the asses to JRae who just took it over, and have her do more work.

PostPosted: 09/09/09 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
JRae wrote:

Honestly, I don't think it's that big of a deal. Everyone's been talking about their trades. It's not like they had that big of an advantage.

Let's not be a bunch of pains in the asses to JRae who just took it over, and have her do more work.

I'm protecting my team, it was put in a disadvantage.

abontorab9

PostPosted: 09/09/09 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When are we starting the FA signing? Can we start it now? Because this will probably take about a day and a half since we will have to wait for everyone to come on, and chance are a good amount of these owners will be on during the Detroit/Minnesota game tonight.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/09/09 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JRae wrote:
just to make life easier for us guys, when trying to find updates and transactions. we can continue to talk in the thread, but this just makes it easier lol

http://wnbachallenge.webs.com/index.html

This is good. Thanks.

JRae

PostPosted: 09/09/09 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yea we can start it now. im going to pass on mine, so just skip me. we will void the trades, i wont be on alot the next two days because we are waiting to find out if my mom has colon cancer or not, praying to god she doesnt but needlesstosay its a bit stressful today.

abontorab9

PostPosted: 09/09/09 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JRae wrote:
yea we can start it now. im going to pass on mine, so just skip me. we will void the trades, i wont be on alot the next two days because we are waiting to find out if my mom has colon cancer or not, praying to god she doesnt but needlesstosay its a bit stressful today.

Jen our prayers are with you and your mom.

Would it be better if all the owners simply posted their FA signing on here that way it is one less thing for you to worry about over the next couple of days? That way we could just take this signing period into our own hands and just sign anyone who has not been signed and post who we want to sign when it is our turn.

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 09/09/09 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JRae wrote:

JRae your family is in my prayers...

JRae

PostPosted: 09/09/09 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yea just do it. as soon as its over, well start the trading period

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: