RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

THE WNBA OWNERSHIP CHALLENGE (GAME)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/07/09 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

apocolocyntosis wrote:
Tulsa gets 1 player from every team.

So are expansion draft trade deals not allowed? I won't do any if that's against the rules!

Question directed to the Commish. I don't want to get fine or penalize, can I converse with Tulsa right now about players un-protective on the expansion list or do I have to wait for a specific date ?

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/07/09 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok, serious question. How soon do we have to have our rosters at 11? Like you just mentioned Tulsa will have 13. How fast do they have to pulse down to 11. If they take 13, do they immediately have to waive 2? For the rest of us. we will start with 10 as soon as Tulsa steals from us, so if we wanted to sign two FAs for instance would we immediately have to waive someone? What if we do a one for two trade but have other trades pending that will even it out? (see it's not easy being Donna Orender)

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/07/09 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ok, serious question. How soon do we have to have our rosters at 11? Like you just mentioned Tulsa will have 13. How fast do they have to pulse down to 11. If they take 13, do they immediately have to waive 2? For the rest of us. we will start with 10 as soon as Tulsa steals from us, so if we wanted to sign two FAs for instance would we immediately have to waive someone? What if we do a one for two trade but have other trades pending that will even it out? (see it's not easy being Donna Orender)

I thought the WNBA had a unlimited roster after the seaseon ended until training camp ?

ucdt3

PostPosted: 09/07/09 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I thought the WNBA had a unlimited roster after the seaseon ended until training camp ?

They do!!!

RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/07/09 12:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
How many players will Tulsa be allow to select from each team in the expansion draft ?

One.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/07/09 2:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Once Tulsa makes their picks from the Unprotected Pool. All Owners will have 10 players, except Tulsa who will have 13.

Then the Challenge will proceed to Initial Signing Phase (no trading yet). During the phase each OWNER will be permitted to sign one additional player, should they so choose, to get to the 11 player limit, except for Tulsa who will be permitted a ceiling of 14 temporarily.

Upon completion of the Initial Signing Phase, all Owner Player Ceilings (limits) will be extended to 12 players, except for Tulsa 15 At this time, the Trading Phase commences. During this phase Owners may both sign and trade players at will as long as, (a) they stay within the 12 and 15 player limits respectively and, (2) they only select players who played in the WNBA in the last three years, i.e, 2007, 2008 and 2009.

To stay within Owner Player Ceilings, Owners must waive players.

We will stay within this phase for reasonable time so Owners can barter privately with one another and figure out where they want to go with their teams.

Then, we will conduct the 2010 WNBA Draft.

Subsequent to the Draft, Owners will be provided time to reduce their teams to the 11 player limit.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/07/09 2:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NEED 6 PLAYERS PROTECTED FROM:

BECKYHAMMONFAN#1------------SAN ANTONIO

HOOPS9092-------------------------CHICAGO

DDUBDAWG________________ATLANTA

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/07/09 7:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How long (24hrs or 72hrs) will a player be in waiver status before their status change to unrestricted free agent ?

RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/07/09 10:43 am    ::: WAIVERS Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
How long (24hrs or 72hrs) will a player be in waiver status before their status change to unrestricted free agent ?

WAIVERS

• A permanenent WAIVER LIST will be maintained and updated in the third (3rd) blog of this message. It will be the Owners responsibility to monitor this listing.
• Waived players will be added to this list as they become available.
• Waived players will be shown on the list by name, expiration date and claimed.
• All expiration dates will close at 10:00pm EST.
• When a player is officially claimed, the name of the successful team will be posted and thereby shown in the Claimed column.
• Players not claimed by the deadline will be marked Free Agent in the Claimed column.

Example:

Waiver List
October 2, 2009

Waiver No._Name____________Expiration Date___________Claimed

#1_________Mary Jones, G_____October 2________________Atlanta
#2_________Shirley Ives, F_____October 2________________Free Agent
#3_________Lynn Beam, C_____October 3________________
#4_________Betty Aga, G______October 3________________
#5_________Myra Linn, C______October3________________Washington

WAIVER PROCEDURES

• Offers to claim waived players must be sent to Headquarters (HQ) through private message.
• The Subject of any and all requests must be shown as either Waiver# + Player Name, TRADE, OR FREE AGENT+Player Name, i.e., WAIVER #4 Betty Aga, TRADE, FREE AGENT Shirley Ives.
• Only requests in the above format will be honored by HQ.
• If an Owner needs to stay within Ceiling to claim the waived player, the request must show the name of the player to be waived to stay within ceiling. No Waiver Claims will be approved above Owner Player Ceilings.

FREE AGENTS

• Once a player clears waivers (goes unclaimed), she will be marked Free Agent in the Claimed column. This player then may be signed by any Owner at any time, provided the Owner is within ceiling.
• Free Agent requests will be approved based on the first request received in HQ.
• Again, Owners must indicate the player to be waived to get to ceiling within the request, if necessary.
• Free Agent signing requests must show FREE AGENT + NAME in the Subject field of the private message.

TRADES

• Trade Requests must depict TRADE in the Subject area of the private message.
• Both (all in multiple team trades) must send a request to HQ, to confirm the authenticity of the trade.
• Again, each Owner must show any player names for waiver in the private message, if an Owner needs stay within ceiling to accommodate the trade.

Last edited by RavenDog on 09/07/09 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/07/09 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Private Messages have been sent to the following:

beckyhammonfan#1 San Antonio

ddubdawg Atlanta

hoops9092 Chicago

Need the names of the 6 players you want to protect in the Expansion Draft.

Please provide ASAP, as the game cannot proceed until your player choices are submitted.

Thanks! Smile

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/07/09 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

These laggards should be given a time limit. If they don't respond, a couple of the rest of us can 'help' them out with best possible guesses:
I.E.
IMO
Atlanta: protect Izzi, Erika, Claw, Lehning, Lyttle, and Angel
Chicago: protect Canty, DuPree, Fowles, Perkins, Toliver, and Ely
SASS: protect Hammon, Young, Riley, Frazee, Darling, and Wauters

SASS might protect Snell instead of Darling or Frazee
Chicago might protect someone other than Toliver
but those are my best guesses.

or we could get a bystander like Queenie to help them make those choices.

abontorab9

PostPosted: 09/07/09 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
These laggards should be given a time limit. If they don't respond, a couple of the rest of us can 'help' them out with best possible guesses:
I.E.
IMO

I agree. There was a limit when we played the mock draft last year, and as an paying owner, I would like to get this show on the road! Razz

BeckyHammonfan#1

PostPosted: 09/07/09 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sent my 6 players in

RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/07/09 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BeckyHammonfan#1 wrote:
Sent my 6 players in

Thanks!

RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/07/09 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WAITING ONLY ON ATLANTA NOW...............

JRae

Location: somewhere where they got rid of their wnba team cuz the kings suck

PostPosted: 09/07/09 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

can we give em like til like 5pm tonight...west coast time then can we just pick for them?most of us are getting pretty restless now lol

Avatar: From the back of my car. yes it's still there. Maloofs can suck it!
Hoops9092

PostPosted: 09/07/09 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I.E.
IMO

I didn't protect Dominique Canty because she'll be going on her 11th year next season and IMO she's winding down, instead I went with Erin Thorn, as she is young and is capabale of consistantly hitting her shots Very Happy

ucdt3

PostPosted: 09/07/09 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
I.E.
IMO

I didn't protect Dominique Canty because she'll be going on her 11th year next season and IMO she's winding down, instead I went with Erin Thorn, as she is young and is capabale of consistantly hitting her shots Very Happy

You mean you kept Fowles over Bass and Dupree over Young and Toliver over Sharp!!!!

YOU SHOULD BE FIRED Laughing

RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/07/09 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
I.E.
IMO

hoops9092

Violating the privacy of this information is a serious League infraction, especially in this case since Tulsa has not yet received their official listing. You will be informed what action the League decides to take prior to the beginning of the 2010 WNBA Draft.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/07/09 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll take his draft pick Cool

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 09/07/09 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
I.E.
IMO

hoops9092

Violating the privacy of this information is a serious League infraction, especially in this case since Tulsa has not yet received their official listing. You will be informed what action the League decides to take prior to the beginning of the 2010 WNBA Draft.

Ouch!

abontorab9

PostPosted: 09/07/09 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BAHAHAHA!

Hoops is the victim of our first penalty. Laughing

RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/07/09 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New Transactions:

Minnesota Lynx hired Pat Summit as Head Coach and retained Jennifer Gillom as Asst. Coach.

New York Liberty has designated Crystal Robinson as Asst. Coach.

Please note:

The League has decided to go ahead and honor Assistant Coach positions, if Owners so desire. However, they are fair game for other Owners to contract with for Head Coaching and GM jobs, i.e., Olaf Lange. Smile

All 6-player protection lists have been received at League HQ. They are currently being compiled for prompt issue to Tulsa. Upon receiving and approving Tulsa's choices, HQ will inform all Owners of the results. (Please don't badger Apocolocyntosis trying to get information. Smile )

Further HQ instructions will follow regarding the procedures and commencement date for Signing, Waiving and Trading.

Good luck! Smile

Last edited by RavenDog on 09/07/09 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/07/09 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
New Transactions:

Minnesota Lynx hired Pat Summit as Head Coach and retained Jennifer Gillom as Asst. Coach.

Please note:

The League has decided to go ahead and honor Assistant Coach positions, if Owners so desire. However, they are fair game for other Owners to contract with for Head Coaching and GM jobs, i.e., Olaf Lange. Smile

Wait a minute commish isn't that a NCAA violation against Pat Summit or any other NCAA Coach taking a WNBA Head Coaching job while still being the Head Coach of their NCAA team.

abontorab9

PostPosted: 09/07/09 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
New Transactions:

Please note:

Wait a minute commish isn't that a NCAA violation against Pat Summit or any other NCAA Coach taking a WNBA Head Coaching job while still being the Head Coach of their NCAA team.

Well in this new and improved WNBA, we can only assume this would be the ideal destination for the best coaches in the world. Twisted Evil Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: