RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Here we go again....Rita, the new Katrina. YIKES.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swoopes_O'grady

PostPosted: 09/21/05 9:45 am    ::: Here we go again....Rita, the new Katrina. YIKES..... Reply Reply with quote

God, I hope we don't see the same destruction with Rita as we had with Katrina. Poor evacuees(sp?) from New Orleans that are still at some shelters here in Houston, they have to evacuate again.

PostPosted: 09/21/05 9:47 am    ::: Re: Here we go again....Rita, the new Katrina. YIKES..... Reply Reply with quote

It's pretty much the same track & strengthening time, just a little farther south & west. This is horrible.

sambista

PostPosted: 09/21/05 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

swoopes_o' . . . aren't you and other houstonians at risk as well? i already can't get through to some of my houston buds by cell.

PostPosted: 09/21/05 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rita's the third most intenst hurricane on record...incredible.

Winds on this thing...sustained, 165. Gusts up to 201.

Just like Katrina....same thing all over again. But, Rita might weaken some before it hits Texas. I hope.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 09/21/05 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jimmyk wrote:
Rita's the third most intenst hurricane on record...incredible.

Winds on this thing...sustained, 165. Gusts up to 201.

Just like Katrina....same thing all over again. But, Rita might weaken some before it hits Texas. I hope.

I think Rita will weaken some, but the waters, even in the "colder" spots of the Gulf, will sustain Rita fairly well. As well all know, Katrina when a Cat 4 when she hit, and we saw how much damage she caused.

If Rita is anything like Katrina, then I don't know what will happen. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone down there.

I just sometimes wonder if we, as a nation, can withstand paying for two natural disasters of the magnitude of Katrina and the expected magnitude of Rita. You have to wonder what the situation & attitudes would be like if we weren't spending multi-billions in a war that we'll never win and shouldn't have been started in the first place.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: