RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

"this is our game"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/22/05 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alana Beard was in the States until the end of December. There was no time to do an ad before then?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/22/05 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You assume they planned it out that far in advance?

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 02/22/05 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Cam, we know most of the major stars are overseas, otherwise I would have had to endure yet another "I'm not as sweet as you think I am" crap.
Only reason they're not in the ads is they are overseas and Korea isn't exactly around the corner...

The exclusion of Lauren Jackson might be for other reasons too though... One being that TPTB are tightwads, and the other is that Lauren is already being exposed Wink I mean what are they going to show? X-Rays? Razz Come to think of it... Rolling Eyes lol

Quote:
Jezza: Hey Val, Are you going to try and use Lauren Jackson in the WNBA advertising campaigns? I know she doesn't live in the states...but you can at least work something out or something...she is the reigning MVP. Thanks.

Val Ackerman: Lauren spent the entire winter outside of the U.S. this past year, and unfortunately that made it impossible for us to include her in the video shoots that were conducted in connection with our ad campaign. She is clearly on track to have another spectacular season in the WNBA, and I expect she will be a top performer in Athens, and it's my hope that we will be able to surmount some of the obstacles we have encountered in the past and work her into the promotional campaign in a bigger way after the Olympics and next year.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatWNBA?event_id=5705

Now compare that with this: Arrow

Quote:
IT was a real buzz to do the Sports Illustrated shoot; I was just rapt to be in the swimsuit edition.

They flew mum and I out from Australia, in early January, straight to Miami and we were there for three days although the shoot was only for one day, for about seven hours.

They picked us up about 6am in one of those big mobile homes and it was freezing; but it turned out to be a beautiful day.

http://www.bordermail.com.au/newsflow/pageitem?page_id=899105

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/22/05 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I mean what are they going to show? X-Rays?

Now THAT was funny!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: