RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Prez reaches out to fans

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/20/05 10:42 pm    ::: Prez reaches out to fans Reply Reply with quote

If 7 questions and one-liners qualify as reaching out, I don't wanna know the rest lol...

http://www.wnba.com/chat_and_mailboxes/orender_chatrecap_050220.html

PostPosted: 02/21/05 12:27 am    ::: Re: Prez reaches out to fans Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
If 7 questions and one-liners qualify as reaching out, I don't wanna know the rest lol...

http://www.wnba.com/chat_and_mailboxes/orender_chatrecap_050220.html

Quote:
Karen(Washington, DC): What will you be trying to do gain more fans, make a profit finally for the league, and which cities will be able to get a team in the future?

Donna Orender: I'm going to ask that you give me a little time to find my desk and the bathroom, at which time we'll revisit your questions.

So I guess now we know where Orender found that new TV spot that went on air tonight... Arrow

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/21/05 1:52 am    ::: Re: Prez reaches out to fans Reply Reply with quote

She couldn't give specifics because she's "finding her desk" ??

What a joke. I see she steered clear of my comments regarding the marketing.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/21/05 3:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still think she looks like a poor man's version of Jane Kaczmarek...only Jane had the good sense not to give money to Bush's campaign.

sambista

PostPosted: 02/21/05 7:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

frankly, i think it's refreshing that she said, essentially, "hey - i just GOT here! i gotta get my bearings. yeah, i love basketball and i've followed the wnba, but i've had my head in the pga. i need to do some fact-finding before i can speak intelligently about any of this."

that's what i read between the lines, and that's a helluva lot better than dancing and singing in legal doublespeak. it takes a big person to say, "y'know, i'm really not sure. lemme look into that and get back to you." if there was a mistake, it was in presenting that "chat" way too soon.

PostPosted: 02/21/05 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
I still think she looks like a poor man's version of Jane Kaczmarek...only Jane had the good sense not to give money to Bush's campaign.

well, one thing is clear. under this regime, herrade's wnba movie is unlikely to be made. let's hope she isn't a "kick the gays" flavor of bush supporter.

PostPosted: 02/21/05 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I asked her if she'd hold the draft in D.C. this year, and Chicago next year, as promotional events. No reply.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 02/21/05 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
frankly, i think it's refreshing that she said, essentially, "hey - i just GOT here! i gotta get my bearings. yeah, i love basketball and i've followed the wnba, but i've had my head in the pga. i need to do some fact-finding before i can speak intelligently about any of this."

I don't. Do you think Orender was asked that same question when interviewing for the job? Shocked If that's the way she answered it to Stern and she still got the job, I would be shocked.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 02/21/05 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Look at the question for which she used that response: how will you make a profit, and which cities will get teams next? The second question she shouldn't be answering until she's got the next set of investors lined up, and the first question requires either the warm fuzzy generalities she'd already given out in previous answers, or something like "obviously we're trying." Yeah, there are better answers-- for example: "The PGA made oodles of money, and we're confident that we'll be able to build on the W's history to get to that level of success"-- but I have no problem with the chatty noncommital answer she gave. Let's judge the tree by what it bears, and give it time.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 02/21/05 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whatever you say... Arrow

sambista

PostPosted: 02/22/05 7:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
sebibb wrote:

I don't. Do you think Orender was asked that same question when interviewing for the job? Shocked If that's the way she answered it to Stern and she still got the job, I would be shocked.

sorry, but that's just naïve. naturally, she gave different answers in her interview - her vision. but she's not going to share that with the public, make promises that she has no idea the organization can keep. how stupid would that be? the chat was a mistake, and i doubt she could've won either way. if she'd shared her ambitions for the league, folks would've been saying, "now how does she even know that's possible? she hasn't been there but a week!" and stern would've been pissed for her setting an expectation publicly he may not be willing to guarantee.

PostPosted: 02/22/05 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like there's another person who's good at touting the company line Razz Need more excuses? Here, try this Arrow

It's perfect Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: