RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

I guess, we'll have to wait until next year

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smoovie

PostPosted: 02/19/05 4:31 pm    ::: I guess, we'll have to wait until next year Reply Reply with quote

Pat Summitt, head coach of the University of Tennessee Lady Vols, announced this evening that Lady Vol rookie basketball standout Candace Parker would redshirt this season.

http://utladyvols.collegesports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/021705aag.html

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
MT_Swoopes

PostPosted: 02/19/05 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's probably all for the best. The tournament will begin a month or so, and Pat probably feels that she owes it to her current active players to allow them to finish the season that they played throughout.

Candace can truly heal, and be at 100% at the start of next year. I have no doubt she will come out like gangbusters and set herself up to be the best player in the nation. She will probably come out after three years, anyhow.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 02/19/05 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MT_Swoopes wrote:
It's probably all for the best. The tournament will begin a month or so, and Pat probably feels that she owes it to her current active players to allow them to finish the season that they played throughout.

Candace can truly heal, and be at 100% at the start of next year. I have no doubt she will come out like gangbusters and set herself up to be the best player in the nation. She will probably come out after three years, anyhow.

Why do you think she will come out after three years? I've heard that over and over, what is the basis for this opinion, it is shared by many, but I don't understand where it is coming from? It's not like the W is gonna make her rich, and I doubt she'll skip her last year of eligibility to go overseas. Just curious, I've hear it over and over, of course we heard the same about Augustus and it appears she will return for her senior year(slightly different circumstances, but similar in their own ways)

Smoovie

PostPosted: 02/19/05 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn't come out early. The same money is going to be there. A masters degree, ain't cheap. I'll have the both of best worlds.

Alepp03

PostPosted: 02/19/05 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've heard from a friend of hers that she didn't want to redshirt, and really wanted to finish school in four years.

PostPosted: 02/19/05 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She really need to be redshirted, to allow her knee to heal. She can cross that other bridge, when she gets to it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: