RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Becky Hammon : I would like to play for both teams ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cheddar

PostPosted: 05/20/09 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hope she gets this all worked out I want to see her in a SA uniform but I wouldnt be shocked if she ended up playing for Russia and missing sometime.

It must be some what serious if she had to fly back to Russia, no?

Worst case scenario its 4 games missed right?

"Sue's the kitty kat on the court"- Diana
"At least I'm not the asshole" - Sue
STLnTDOT

PostPosted: 05/20/09 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cheddar wrote:
Hope she gets this all worked out I want to see her in a SA uniform but I wouldnt be shocked if she ended up playing for Russia and missing sometime.

She will NOT miss 4 games.

HotForHammon

PostPosted: 05/20/09 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cheddar wrote:

Yesterday's sports cast said SASS has guarenteed fans she will be here for the season opener, the home opener and the ENTIRE season.
Then todays sports cast just reported Becky has a flight schedule to come home next Tuesday May 26th.

Roofpage

PostPosted: 05/22/09 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Becky Hammon is in the Russian training camp [05/22/09 sports.ru ].
She is scheduled to play two frendlies against Hungary from 05/23/09.

BobScoutingReport

PostPosted: 05/22/09 10:25 am    ::: Becky Reply Reply with quote

I find it hard to believe Becky will play two "friendlies" and depart to grateful Russian hugs and kisses. My guess is that "the shoe" will drop sometime after that or if she does leave after that (as SASS & Becky are talking), she will pay for that later when it is time for her to deal with Euro-ball again. Perhaps everything coming out of the SASS camp is accurate. I however tend to believe the price to her will be too high & that she will give in and, with apology, miss those early SASS games, reluctantly opting for the Euros.

Taoduck

PostPosted: 05/22/09 10:33 am    ::: Re: Becky Reply Reply with quote

BobScoutingReport wrote:
I find it hard to believe Becky will play two "friendlies" and depart to grateful Russian hugs and kisses. My guess is that "the shoe" will drop sometime after that or if she does leave after that (as SASS & Becky are talking), she will pay for that later when it is time for her to deal with Euro-ball again. Perhaps everything coming out of the SASS camp is accurate. I however tend to believe the price to her will be too high & that she will give in and, with apology, miss those early SASS games, reluctantly opting for the Euros.

I agree.
If she wasn't going to play, she wouldn't travel over there.

PostPosted: 05/22/09 10:34 am    ::: Re: Becky Reply Reply with quote

BobScoutingReport wrote:

X_____________

Why would you have a star talent play in friendlies only and then leave right before the tournament? That's fucking great for chemistry. Becky is slowly telling us that she's going to play in this tournament. She'll try to paint herself the victim, but this is what has happened now and she and her agent had to know this is how it would shake out.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/22/09 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nah, she is only going over there to talk.

Laughing

PostPosted: 05/22/09 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In Soviet Russia, team plays you!

Wink

Cheddar

PostPosted: 05/22/09 10:54 am    ::: Re: Becky Reply Reply with quote

BobScoutingReport wrote:
As we know, the Russians want Becky to play in the Eurobasket event in Latvia. From reliable sources, I have been told they will pull her Russian passport if she doesn't toe the "party line."

Thus she has a big decision to make with a lot at stake (2010 World Championship; 2012 Olympics). My guess is that in the end, she will give in and miss the first 4 games in the WNBA regular season. The Russians are one of the favorites so she would likely be over there thru June 20.

With Wauters arriving late from what has been said, look for SASS to get off to a slow start.

Toe the line or lose your passport... yikes

Lets just get her back and watch her play... Good Luck Becky see you when you get back

Slovydal

PostPosted: 05/22/09 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder who will play Becky in the movie...

Wink

STLnTDOT

PostPosted: 05/22/09 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I said from the beginning that no one should be surprised to see her suit up while she is there.

To me I feel like I would rather her have a ball in her hand while she is there rather than a Rock Band mic and a cheeseburger lol

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 05/22/09 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

people here are (were) talking about her getting back here and maybe/might not missing any time or just one WNBA game. Hello. She's walked out of and will miss the remainder of the Silver Stars' training camp. No?

This is kind of a major fuck-up here, you Hammondheads. Razz

PostPosted: 05/22/09 11:43 am    ::: Becky Reply Reply with quote

From what I heard today, Becky is being honest in what she has said to the San Antonio media. However, now that she is in Russia, she will likely find out that the Russian BB administrators want more out of her for the upcoming Euros than two "friendlies." The "shoe" has not yet been dropped but should by the time the "friendlies" have been played.

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 05/22/09 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't Becky read the fine print, or know when she was suppose to play in Russia when she signed this big contract? Surely she knew when the Russian NT played? Being paid 1/2 million dollars over $99,000 I know where I would be playing.

PostPosted: 05/22/09 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
people here are (were) talking about her getting back here and maybe/might not missing any time or just one WNBA game. Hello. She's walked out of and will miss the remainder of the Silver Stars' training camp. No?

This is kind of a major fuck-up here, you Hammondheads. Razz

Watch it Jammer! Becky Hammon is perfect she dosent make mistakes! Laughing

Cheddar

PostPosted: 05/22/09 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
Didn't Becky read the fine print, or know when she was suppose to play in Russia when she signed this big contract? Surely she knew when the Russian NT played? Being paid 1/2 million dollars over $99,000 I know where I would be playing.

This was one thing I wondered too when this contract was signed Im sure all this was laid about before hand... Yet as this thread shows she dosent seem to have it all down apparently.. If shes not playing then she is, then its a friendly, then its SA for training camp then its she will miss a game or games...

Becky seems like she got this all messed up and unfortunately this gives all the hater as STL likes to say ammo against the play for Russia move...

AnnaSASSfan

PostPosted: 05/22/09 4:41 pm    ::: Re: Becky Reply Reply with quote

BobScoutingReport wrote:
From what I heard today, Becky is being honest in what she has said to the San Antonio media. However, now that she is in Russia, she will likely find out that the Russian BB administrators want more out of her for the upcoming Euros than two "friendlies." The "shoe" has not yet been dropped but should by the time the "friendlies" have been played.

Are you saying that you heard she is going to go back on what she told the media and walk out on SASS?
The Silver Stars FO guarenteed she would be here for the entire season. Why would they be that stupid and make that promise if they weren't sure they could back it up?

Slovydal

PostPosted: 05/22/09 4:45 pm    ::: Re: Becky Reply Reply with quote

Cheddar wrote:

Toe the line or lose your passport... yikes

Lets just get her back and watch her play... Good Luck Becky see you when you get back

When she gets to Russia, it's her American passport that she should keep an eye on... Wink

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/22/09 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In fairness to our various Hammonite members, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that they'd want her for training camp and a couple of friendlies, rather than not having her at all. This isn't all about EuroBasket, but there's the World Championships next year to build for as well. My only point a while back was that she wouldn't be in the squad for the start of EuroBasket and then leave halfway through, because that makes no sense for anyone. So she either misses zero WNBA regular season games or four.

AnnaSASSfan

PostPosted: 05/22/09 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
In fairness to our various Hammonite members, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that they'd want her for training camp and a couple of friendlies, rather than not having her at all. This isn't all about EuroBasket, but there's the World Championships next year to build for as well. My only point a while back was that she wouldn't be in the squad for the start of EuroBasket and then leave halfway through, because that makes no sense for anyone. So she either misses zero WNBA regular season games or four.

I have no idea how this works. Is it even possible for her to start the tournament then leave or join them once the tournament starts? Don't they have to have a set roster with a set number of players? While I admit little to no knowledge of the rules is that even a possibility within the rules, because you are right. That makes no sense to anyone one.

TigerVol

PostPosted: 05/22/09 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Going to get clobbered here I'm sure but...

What is the big deal? She has two contracts right? One with SASS and one with "Russia"?

I think it's completely conceivable that she and the SASS front office either believed there wasn't a conflict or that Becky had more say in the resolution than she likely does. When you talk about stuff over there you have saving face to consider as well - for the organization and the country.

She wanted to play in the olympics and get the $ (don't blame her on the second front) and made a deal to do so -- nothing is free or easy in this world and seems there was some freedom of choice lost in the deal -- is anyone really surprised? Sports and Russia.

I don't think she is being disingenuous just in a situation as a consequence of her decisions.

Reality is she prioritized the big money (again, no blame on that front) so they and their demands have to be her first priority regardless of where her heart may or may not be. She really has zero leverage - let's see...contract law vs. Russian Govt if they so choose to go there?

Worst case it's 4 games at the start of the season. If that breaks the SASS season then they weren't going to have much of a season and I don't think that is the case.

Play the games, make your sugar daddy team happy then come back here and compete through the WNBA season - I just don't see the problem?

PostPosted: 05/22/09 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TigerVol wrote:

Play the games, make your sugar daddy team happy then come back here and compete through the WNBA season - I just don't see the problem?

I see a problem.

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/22/09 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I admire Becky Hammon as a player and had a really good interview with her once ...

But it seems to she assured the Silver Stars (and the fans) she wouldn't miss any WNBA time because of the deal with Russia, and now she has to. Either

a) she didn't understand the deal, which is her fault; or
b) she knew this would likely happen and essentially lied about it, which is her fault.

A third possibility is that the Russians weren't intending to play in this tournament and then changed their minds, but again, if it's in the contract she signed with Russia that she has to play for them when they ask, then there's no way she should have told the Silver Stars she wouldn't miss any games (point a)).

Of course, maybe she didn't ever say that, and this is much ado about nothing, but my recollection of this was that Hammon said she wouldn't miss any WNBA games because of her Russian commitment.

PostPosted: 05/22/09 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Uh, you left out the possibility that everything they've all said since she agreed to go over to 'talk' to them was true, and she will indeed be back in time for the start of the season and miss no real WNBA games as originally promised.

Ugh, I wish you people would stop making me side with the Hammonites Wink.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13

Jump to: