RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tully signs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 02/10/05 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think all the bible-thumping-homophobes have left sf.org...haven't seen that side of an argument in months. They make is very obvious, especially to outsiders, that if you don't think like they do on certain issues, you are not welcome there. Again, I just want to talk about basketball, I will leave it at that.

jimmyk

PostPosted: 02/10/05 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
I think all the bible-thumping-homophobes have left sf.org...haven't seen that side of an argument in months. They make is very obvious, especially to outsiders, that if you don't think like they do on certain issues, you are not welcome there. Again, I just want to talk about basketball, I will leave it at that.

Me, too. I just want to talk basketball. For a change.

I'm the new guy. Hi, my name's Jimmy and I'm from Tennessee. I've transferred from sf.org...although I'm technically still there...looking for someplace where basketball is a constant (or at least somewhat constant) topic. I was invited...just gotta figure out who...methinks she's from Houston, though. Wink

Go easy on me...hopefully I won't be as stupid in my first days over here as I was in my first days over there.

*whew* Now that the introduction is over...I'm not as nervous as I was. Cool

Keegan

PostPosted: 02/11/05 12:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've never understood why people complain about a lack of on-topic posts - start some if you don't think there's enough. Stormfans.org has a seperate off-topic forum and it is easily avoided if it doesn't cater to your tastes.
momma hoops

PostPosted: 02/16/05 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the most part, I have to agree with inky. I think stormfans.org is a fun board, I have been checking out their game picture galleries for a few years now and love the pictures that get posted. Many of the writers are great and from what I have heard, it's more than just a board - many of those people have become friends. And some of the game reports make me feel like I was just at the game!

I do agree that some are thin-skinned BUT I think it's great that they have rallied against the more offensive posters like the Bible-thumping and preachy homophobes since many of the people on the board seem to be gay. It's pretty cool that they stick up for each other.

PostPosted: 02/17/05 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am curious as to why anybody but a Seattle supporter would go to stormfans.com or have an opinion about it. I would expect there to be unreasonable and irritating bias towards the Storm and against other teams. I think I would also feel that I was eavesdropping on a private conversation.

PostPosted: 02/17/05 1:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

therese_defarge wrote:
I would expect there to be unreasonable and irritating bias towards the Storm and against other teams.

I would expect just like any other team fan website.

"If Seattle decides to sit Wright, Little and Stricklen for the majority of the season for stuffy noses, ingrown toenails and acid reflux you can start talking about shams." psheehy
accommodatingly

PostPosted: 02/17/05 1:41 am    ::: $200M? Reply Reply with quote

Is $200M a lot for an NBA/WNBA owner to lose in a season? Sure sounds like it.

Message boards and online communities oriented around single teams SHOULD be biased towards those teams.

Speaking of which, does ANYONE around here have Charlotte or SASS as the team they primarily support? Or even know anybody who does? Just wondering. I hope the answer is "yes."

Keegan

PostPosted: 02/17/05 2:06 am    ::: Re: $200M? Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
Speaking of which, does ANYONE around here have Charlotte or SASS as the team they primarily support? Or even know anybody who does? Just wondering. I hope the answer is "yes."

On a related note, I have never encountered a primary SASS fan online.
Mongo

PostPosted: 02/17/05 6:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This seems like an opportune time to drop in and say hello from Austin, Texas!

My wife and I are SASS season ticket holders, and have been since they moved to San Antonio.

So there! Now you know not just one, but two! Very Happy

Granted, I've been a major Comets fan since the league started, and probably always will be, but I've adopted the SASS as my team since it's much closer to Austin and I can actually make it to most of the home games. I was lucky to make it to 3-4 regular season Comets games every year.

Now that we have a coach with the potential to turn our group of talented individuals in to a talented team this could be a very good year for us.

So, back on topic, I've heard conflicting rumors about Tully signing with SA. Has anyone heard anything definite?

Mongo

Keegan

PostPosted: 02/17/05 7:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welcome aboard! Good to see SASS represented Very Happy

As for Tully, she's apparently gone to Indy for a physical. If they give her and her knee the all clear, I guess she'll sign with Indy. This is from hellcat, a fellow Aussie poster of mine who would be in the know.
Queenie

PostPosted: 02/17/05 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know of a couple of primary Sting fans who are 'net savvy; one of them hangs at WNBATalk. So yes, they are out there. *friendly wave to the San Antonio folk*

PostPosted: 02/17/05 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

About time we got some SASSy fans.

I have a hard time seeing her start in Indy. Of course with Winters there she might start at the three...

PostPosted: 02/17/05 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I have a hard time seeing her start in Indy. Of course with Winters there she might start at the three...

Top Quote of the Day nominee!

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 02/17/05 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I attended a couple of games in San Antonio last year and the fans are really great basketball fans. They are very knowlegable about their team members and have strong opinions about how they should be played. It didn't help that Dee Brown was still in charge when I went, but they even gave him the benefit of the doubt in his first year.

Brown definitely wore out that welcome by the time he was dismissed, but what a great group of folks to watch a game with. Reminds me, I need to check their schedule and see which games I might drive over for...and there is always a great spa treatment at the Menger!!

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/17/05 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LMAO!!!

I was thinking the same thing, Pilight!

It's all part of being a Fever fan! Next we'll see Nat at the Point!

BTW - Welcome Jimmy!!!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/17/05 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speaking of SASS, has anyone else seen that good old Dee Brown is in the latest installment of ESPN's Dream Job, competing with a bunch of other NBA has beens and never weres for a broadcasting job?

LMAO! Dee looking for work that way. Comets fans, didn't Bullard used to Rockets games before Van took his job?

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/17/05 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still feel bad for Dee.
He has a huge respect for the women's game. I wish coaching had worked out better for him.

Mongo

PostPosted: 02/18/05 3:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, it's a good group of fans here. SA is a good womens' basketball city. Austin is, too -- I think the Lady Longhorns have more of a following than the men do.

I got the impression that Dee was kind of mailing it in at times and not being as engaged as he should have been, and lots of fans around me at the games expressed the same thing. Many of us were hoping they'd give Shell Dailey a crack at the head coach position, but I certainly have no objection to Hughes.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 02/18/05 3:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, it's a good group of fans here. SA is a good womens' basketball city. Austin is, too -- I think the Lady Longhorns have more of a following than the men do.

I got the impression that Dee was kind of mailing it in at times and not being as engaged as he should have been, and lots of fans around me at the games expressed the same thing. Many of us were hoping they'd give Shell Dailey a crack at the head coach position, but I certainly have no objection to Hughes.

Welcome! You know, Marie Ferdinand is one of my favorite players! Exclamation

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/18/05 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I met Dee at the Pac 10 tourney last year. He raved about the fans there and was really excited about coaching in the W. I thought Shell would get it too, but Dan is fantastic. It's great to have him back in the W

Lady Longhorns are Dope! What's that soph's name? Tiffany Jackson? Wow!

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 02/18/05 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tiffany Jackson is the real deal...she is unfortunately playing with a team that can't get it all together at the right times. I think they have a lot of talent, just not working smoothly as they would want.

I also like Kalee Carey (no relation to Jamie) who might well be the center next year so Tiffany can move back out to the PF position. I am not looking for the Lady Longhorns to make a big splash at the Tournament this year, though. Love them to death, but I don't see anything really good happening this year.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/18/05 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If UCLA had Jackson...Whoooo!

She and Noelle Quinn are friends. I'd love to see those two on the same W team someday!

I got a minute to talk to her after a game in L.A. She's really nice. Easy on the eyes too.

: )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: