RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Whoo! 6th and Climbing!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/11/05 9:29 am    ::: Whoo! 6th and Climbing! Reply Reply with quote

Riding a hot streak! Sorry to all you who played the full season, but look out for the dts express racing up the standings!

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 02/11/05 8:28 pm    ::: Re: Whoo! 6th and Climbing! Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Riding a hot streak! Sorry to all you who played the full season, but look out for the dts express racing up the standings!

So, how you liking the game? It's a challenge ain't it? Smile

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 02/11/05 8:31 pm    ::: Re: And one other thing Reply Reply with quote

Don't forget, you need 150 games total, to qualify for the tournament round, I don't think there are enough games in the Top50 to reach it, you need to pick a few games elsewhere, to get to the 150 game min.

Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 02/11/05 11:25 pm    ::: Re: And one other thing Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
Don't forget, you need 150 games total, to qualify for the tournament round, I don't think there are enough games in the Top50 to reach it, you need to pick a few games elsewhere, to get to the 150 game min.

Good Job dt!

I'm happy just to max out my RPI points and cruise (Though getting to #1 in the Top 50 would be nice, since that carries the biggest bonus).

Still love the game RebKell!!

Question about tournament time though.
Is the tournament gonna be like a bracket pick or just pick each day's games? The bracket is nice because you can set it and forget it, but picking each day's games might be cool too.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 02/12/05 1:52 am    ::: Re: And one other thing Reply Reply with quote

Gaucho Don wrote:
rebkell wrote:

Good Job dt!

I'm happy just to max out my RPI points and cruise (Though getting to #1 in the Top 50 would be nice, since that carries the biggest bonus).

Still love the game RebKell!!

Question about tournament time though.
Is the tournament gonna be like a bracket pick or just pick each day's games? The bracket is nice because you can set it and forget it, but picking each day's games might be cool too.

Tournament will only count legit games, we'll see where it takes us as far as picking goes. I'm going to give out RPI pnts instead of padding the value for rpi, if you win the top50 you get 10 RPI points to use through the conf tournaments. With a max of 3 per game.
and 8 points for the other categories.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/12/05 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm liking the game a lot; I'm mad at myself I missed two days last week.

So what do I have to do to qualify? Join other leagues?

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 02/12/05 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
I'm liking the game a lot; I'm mad at myself I missed two days last week.

So what do I have to do to qualify? Join other leagues?

Basically yeah, just pick some games in the other conference challenges, the only requirement, is that you have to pick all the games in a block, a block would be like today in the Big East we have 4 games scheduled, the game #'s are 150,151,152 and 153.

You would have to make selections for all the games, you don't really have to pick all the games, but all four will be counted against your overall average, so you should at least try and pick the winners, since you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. RPI is at your discretion, since you can actually lose points.

you can pick any games from any of the contests, the block rule applies across the board.

Does that make sense, I have trouble getting my thoughts across sometimes Smile

Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 02/12/05 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="rebkell"][quote="dtsnms"]I'm liking the game a lot; I'm mad at myself I missed two days last week.[/quote]

I try to pick the whole week on the weekend when I have time, then I can just look closer to gametime to see if I want to change my picks... thatway I don't miss picking a game, just may have a different pick than if I had made it back to check the pick Sad

For the regular side at least you don't lose anything but average if you pick wrong Smile

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/18/05 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well I'm getting my 150 in, but I'm sinking like a stone! I dropped 2 places this week already.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: