RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Omarosa knocks ‘The Apprentice’

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 02/17/05 3:57 pm    ::: Omarosa knocks ‘The Apprentice’ Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"Once you start looking at how all the black men are lazy and laid-back and nonassertive and nonaggressive and all the black women are quite the opposite, I think there is a pattern," she said Wednesday.

Manigault-Stallworth said this season continued the manipulation of contestant images. When black contestants don't fit a certain perception, they tend to be ignored, she said.

She's spoken with a black female contestant who's dissatisfied with her treatment, she said. She didn't identify the woman, but a subsequent comment indicated she was referring to Tara, a New York City government manager.

"She was kind of crying, saying, 'They're not showing me at all and I did all the right things,'" Manigault-Stallworth said.

"She's well-behaved, well-spoken, she doesn't argue with anybody," Manigault-Stallworth said, and she is getting "absolutely no air time."

"I think this is more of an extension of what's happening overall in Hollywood," Manigault-Stallworth said. "There's not a whole lot of roads for black women on television, and the roads that are presented don't always seem to be positive."

What African-American man have we shown to be lazy? None of them. Kwame almost won the whole thing.”

Burnett referred to Kwame Jackson, the runner-up to winner Bill Rancic in the first edition of “The Apprentice.” On the show’s second season, the only black male contestant was among the final four.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/OMAROSA_VS_APPRENTICE?SITE=MIDTN&SECTION=ENTERTAINMENT&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6983527/
http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/21965.htm

"What African-American man have we shown to be lazy? None of them. "

Does Mark Burnett not watch his own show? Shocked lol, OK, I'll try to be brief. Let's see... Arrow

Survivor 1: Borneo

Gervase Peterson-Lazy
    Ramona Gray-Lazy

Only 2 minorities cast.

Survivor 2: Australia

Nick Brown-Lazy, stiff, limited air time.
    Alicia Calaway-Argumentative, "I will always wave my finger in your face!" Razz

Only 3 minorities cast.

Survivor 3: Africa

Clarence Black-Lazy, remembered for stealing food because he couldn't take the hunger.

Only 2 minorities cast.

Survivor 4: Marquesas

Sean Rector-Lazy, remembered for some good heated arguments.
    Vecepia Towery-Lazy, Very Religious

Only 3 minorities cast.

Survivor 5: Thailand

Ted Rogers-Workaholic, respected.
    Ghandia Johnson-Remembered for losing temper in a big way at Ted for allegedly making a sexual advance.

Only 3 minorities cast.

Survivor 6: Amazon

JoAnna Ward-Very religious, remembered for praising the Lord in song after meeting with any success.

Only 3 minorities cast.

Survivor 7: Pearl Islands

Osten Taylor-Quit show. Andrew Savage said they didn't show him to be the workhorse that he was, only focusing on his desire to quit halfway through, and his subsequent slacking.
    Tijuana Bradley-Chatterbox

Only 4 minorities cast.

Survivor 8: All-Stars

Alicia Calaway-Argumentative

Only 2 minorities cast. No Sean Rector or Gervase. Exclamation

Survivor 9: Vanuatu

Rory Freeman-Hard worker, Hot-head, memorable arguments.

Only 1 minority cast. 1! Shocked

Survivor 10: Pulau

Ibrahem-Unknown
    Jolanda-Unknown

Only 3 minorities cast.

Watch Survivor Pulau! Tonight at 8pm on CBS!

Maybe you can watch for any continuance of these Burnett casting and editing patterns and see if you agree or disagree Wink

And a quick recap of The Apprentice: Arrow
    Omarosa- Exclamation
    Kwame-Good, but stiff, limited air time.
    Kevin-Similar to Kwame
    Craig-Apparently there is only one African-American guy qualified and interesting enough to put on TV each series Razz
    Verna-Quit
    Tara-Who? She's on the show? Question

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 02/18/05 2:38 am    ::: Houston Comets Fan Voted Off Survivor Island in 1st Episode Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
JOLANDA, JONATHAN & WANDA FIRST OUT
Thirty-nine days, twenty new castaways, a new twist to the game: SURVIVOR: PALAU has begun. On night three, the newly formed Ulong tribe was forced to make their first dreaded paddle to Tribal Council, where they voted out Jolanda Jones, the 39-year-old lawyer from Houston, Texas. Viewed as having a strong personality, Jolanda immediately stood out amongst her tribemates, who thought her attempts to become Ulong's leader were too severe.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor10/show/ep01/index.shtml

Great show otherwise Exclamation Oh well, I guess the Houston Comets will get no free publicity here Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: