RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Question Regarding Colleges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 09/09/05 4:16 pm    ::: Question Regarding Colleges Reply Reply with quote

Hi everyone Smile .

Right now, I'm currently going to my local community college, and in the Spring of 2007, I will graduate with an associate's degree in Sports and Exercise Studies. As of right now, I would like to be either an athletic trainer or physical therapist, but I'm not sure what would be the best place for me to go to get the degree. If anyone knows of a strong sports medicine or physical therapy program, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/09/05 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duke has a top graduate program in PT.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 09/09/05 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

A UConn fan going to Duke Shocked? Though, I have to say, I like Duke more now than I did 5 years ago.

smenko

PostPosted: 09/10/05 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Doesn't Quinipiac have like the best program right there in Ct? Also, Oakland University here in MI has a good program.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 09/10/05 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

smenko wrote:
Doesn't Quinipiac have like the best program right there in Ct? Also, Oakland University here in MI has a good program.

It's too *cold* in Connecticut. I want to go somewhere warmer Smile .

sambista

PostPosted: 09/10/05 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

i don't know anything about this, and duke still came to mind. is that because they've been cited for research on the nature of acl injuries - or am i just imagining that?

PostPosted: 09/10/05 10:56 pm    ::: Re: Question Regarding Colleges Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
Hi everyone Smile .

Right now, I'm currently going to my local community college, and in the Spring of 2007, I will graduate with an associate's degree in Sports and Exercise Studies. As of right now, I would like to be either an athletic trainer or physical therapist, but I'm not sure what would be the best place for me to go to get the degree. If anyone knows of a strong sports medicine or physical therapy program, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Hmm, well we have warm here in AZ!
I don't know much about the PT programs here but I think I heard U of A in Tucson has a good program.
Tucson is a great laid back college town with excellent weather and good parties;)

PostPosted: 09/10/05 11:34 pm    ::: Re: Question Regarding Colleges Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
Hi everyone Smile .

Thanks in advance.

If you are interested in athletic training, check out Purdue. They are widely considered the best program in the country. When I was a freshman, 85 percent of head trainers in the NFL (I think) were Purdue grads. It is a tough program -- of about 100/year freshman wanting to go into it, they take about 10 as sophomores -- but you will have your pick of jobs when you are done.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: