RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

A Little College News

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 02/17/05 9:49 pm    ::: A Little College News Reply Reply with quote

I apologize for putting this here. However, some individuals will not go over to the WCBB forum, and so they won't know what the news is.

Candace Parker, the highly-touted Tennessee freshman, will redshirt the 2004/2005 season due to complications involving the knee. The announcement was made following the Tennessee-South Carolina game by Coach Summitt.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/17/05 9:57 pm    ::: Re: A Little College News Reply Reply with quote

I think that's best - rather than just play part of a season.
I want a healthy Parker next year!

Keegan

PostPosted: 02/17/05 9:59 pm    ::: Re: A Little College News Reply Reply with quote

I thought it was too late to redshirt. Or do you have to play games for that to happen?
Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/17/05 10:05 pm    ::: Re: A Little College News Reply Reply with quote

I think as long as she hasn't played she has the option.

pilight...?

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 02/17/05 10:07 pm    ::: Re: A Little College News Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
I thought it was too late to redshirt. Or do you have to play games for that to happen?

You have to play in more than 20% of the games to be ineligible for a redshirt or you have to play after a certain deadline.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/17/05 10:17 pm    ::: Re: A Little College News Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
Keegan wrote:

You have to play in more than 20% of the games to be ineligible for a redshirt or you have to play after a certain deadline.

That's right. I don't know why 4 or 5 games at the end of the regular season are different from 4 or 5 games at the beginning for redshirt purposes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: