RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

I used to like Barbara Bush

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caune

PostPosted: 09/05/05 7:37 pm    ::: I used to like Barbara Bush Reply Reply with quote

Geez, check this quote, so insensitive it's mind numbing

Quote:
Then she added: "What I’m hearing is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality.

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this--this [she chuckles slightly]is working very well for them."

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001054719

Yeah, they were "underprivledged" anyway so it's OK that they lost the little they had, including living, breathing, family and friends cause now they are safe in Texas living in a stadium with thousands of other people Rolling Eyes
Mad

PostPosted: 09/05/05 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The hospitality of Texas has been outstanding...

but hearing Barb's comments makes me very sad.

I thought she was one of the good ones.

Still, it's not as bad as Condi's, "The Lord will come on time" bullshit.

Guess what, Condi - It's all ready too late!

SORF

PostPosted: 09/07/05 12:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Barbara Bush, born in 1925...that makes her 80...how many of us have had kinfolk say some weird or inappropriate remarks at that age...she is not an uncaring elitist...she is just a senior citizen. Please lighten up...her heart is in the right place.

Sass

PostPosted: 09/07/05 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Older people tend to be racist, too.

What a bitchy thing to say.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/07/05 12:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They also have been known to drive frustratingly slowly, choose seemingly inappropriate times to do their shopping, and forget that there's a distinct difference between "how are you?" and "could you please give me a 2 hour analysis of your present health concerns."
I'm not particularly fond of the term "sonny" either... I must find out if I can get those refugee/evacuee language gurus to come up with a suitable alternative.

Just thought I'd chip in with those while we're dissing old people Wink

PostPosted: 09/07/05 1:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe the saying should be "older people should be seen and not heard".
SORF

PostPosted: 09/07/05 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan...
Quote:
"older people should be seen and not heard".

LOL...I like to apply that to my mother right now! Confused

herrade

PostPosted: 09/08/05 5:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SORF wrote:
she is not an uncaring elitist...she is just a senior citizen. Please lighten up...her heart is in the right place.

she is not just a senior citizen, she is someone in the public spotlight. that means she has to be accountable for the crap that comes out of her mouth.

if we wrote off all ridiculous comments by public officials over 80, too many people in washington would be getting away with murder... not that they don't already.

interestingly enough, there seems to be an equal sign in my brain between the words "republican" and "uncaring elitist". i wonder how it got there.

PostPosted: 09/08/05 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
They also have been known to drive frustratingly slowly, choose seemingly inappropriate times to do their shopping, and forget that there's a distinct difference between "how are you?" and "could you please give me a 2 hour analysis of your present health concerns."
I'm not particularly fond of the term "sonny" either... I must find out if I can get those refugee/evacuee language gurus to come up with a suitable alternative.

Just thought I'd chip in with those while we're dissing old people Wink

Laughing Laughing

Let me tell you, you DON'T want to be working in a bank when it's pension day.... Rolling Eyes

pilight

PostPosted: 09/08/05 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's no worse than the stuff Lillian Carter used to say when she was the president's mother.

PostPosted: 09/08/05 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Barbara Bush, born in 1925...that makes her 80...how many of us have had kinfolk say some weird or inappropriate remarks at that age...she is not an uncaring elitist...she is just a senior citizen. Please lighten up...her heart is in the right place.

Your true self comes out as you age (take it from me, I can testify). You are now seeing the real Barbara Bush.

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 09/08/05 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry SORF! I'm gonna have to disagree with you here! Senility doesn't account for stupidity! That was one stupid, insensitive and boneheaded comment.

I thought Babs had some balls, but this is assinine!! She had a "junior" moment right there that won't be forgotten anytime soon!

SORF wrote:

PostPosted: 09/10/05 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The problem with Bush and their kind "THOSE PEOPLE", is they have no clue that there's a huge difference between, barely having your roof over your head, a pot to piss in w/a window to throw in it out of, and living in a shelter. To "THOSE PEOPLE" you are better off in a shelter, because you can lay around all day and still have your basic human needs met. Well, excuse me Barbara and "PEOPLE LIKE HER", with your own roof over your head, (regardless of how raggedy) you can take it one day at a time, and you will survive. But, in a shelter one hour feels like a damn week, and it's much hard to hold it together.

I went through the shelter and saw the same shit she saw. To no surprise, our perception was totally different. I saw people happy to be alive, happy to have the shelter and their basic needs being met. But, they still couldn't wait to start picking up the pieces of their lives, and get out of there. This is not a case of 6 in one hand and a half of dozen in the other. It ain't even close.

She's ignorant and obviously arrogant enough to think she can say something like that on camera. Those kind of remarks are usually reserved for when you are behind close doors with your kind (people who think like you).

These people were not homeless, before Katrina. So, it was very ignorant of her and anybody else to assume, Katrina was a blessing in disguise.

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
potd41

PostPosted: 09/10/05 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smoovie wrote:
The problem with Bush and their kind "THOSE PEOPLE", is they have no clue that there's a huge difference between, barely having your roof over your head, a pot to piss in w/a window to throw in it out of, and living in a shelter. To "THOSE PEOPLE" you are better off in a shelter, because you can lay around all day and still have your basic human needs met. Well, excuse me Barbara and "PEOPLE LIKE HER", with your own roof over your head, (regardless of how raggedy) you can take it one day at a time, and you will survive. But, in a shelter one hour feels like a damn week, and it's much hard to hold it together.

I went through the shelter and saw the same shit she saw. To no surprise, our perception was totally different. I saw people happy to be alive, happy to have the shelter and their basic needs being met. But, they still couldn't wait to start picking up the pieces of their lives, and get out of there. This is not a case of 6 in one hand and a half of dozen in the other. It ain't even close.

She's ignorant and obviously arrogant enough to think she can say something like that on camera. Those kind of remarks are usually reserved for when you are behind close doors with your kind (people who think like you).

These people were not homeless, before Katrina. So, it was very ignorant of her and anybody else to assume, Katrina was a blessing in disguise.

AMEN!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: