RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Orender Confernece Call Transcript

View previous topic :: View next topic  
herrade

PostPosted: 02/17/05 8:30 am    ::: Orender Confernece Call Transcript Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/news/orender_call_transcript_050215.html

a couple interesting bits:

Question: Did Blaze light you up for 52 or is she exaggerating?

Orender: I thought it was 53, which is the all-time record at Madison Square Garden.

DJS: But you let her do it, didn’t you?

Orender: It was 18 in the first half as I recall, then, my coach moved me to another player and she just went crazy. She is one of the best pure shooters in the game, period, male of female. The woman could flat out shoot.

heh.

Question: Will there be more marketing of the game?

Orender: I think what you want to do is create interest in personalities and people; you want to create an emotional connection. And that emotional connection that fans make to athletes will help drive them to follow that athlete if they are a casual fan. I think that is a very good strategy. But, for your core fan, you also want to market the quality of the team and the specific pride that any community takes in having a team represent them. I don’t think its one or other, it is two prongs of a many pronged approach to growing your fan base.

Question: For Donna, you are the only head a of a major sports league to have played at the highest level, do you think the players are underpaid?

Orender: I think everybody should get paid as much as the market can bear, but I am going to sidestep this issue. I haven’t really had a chance to look at it.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: