RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WPS Uniforms Set to Be Unveiled

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullsky

PostPosted: 02/24/09 8:29 am    ::: WPS Uniforms Set to Be Unveiled Reply Reply with quote

...Today in Manhattan.
Quote:
PUMA’s soccer heritage goes back decades, and the global sportlifestyle brand celebrated its 60th birthday in 2008 -- so expect the uniforms to fuse PUMA’s soccer heritage and performance technology with its fashion sense. Much like it has done with its iconic designs for the World Cup champion Italian national team and its array of African national team jerseys, PUMA’s uniforms are about more than just function. They are about having players look good and feel good at the same time, because if you feel good, you play better.

“PUMA has built up a strong momentum in women’s soccer over the past 10 years, collaborating closely with pioneering partners that have redefined the game of a global and local stage. Today, we are proud to be one of the founding partners of Women’s Professional Soccer in what promises to be a new pioneering chapter for women’s soccer,” said PUMA Chairman & CEO Jochen Zeitz in December. “The WPS partnership provides PUMA with a perfect platform to reinforce the brand’s positioning as the most desirable sportlifestyle brand in the world as well as underline our continued commitment to women’s sports.”

Last edited by bullsky on 02/25/09 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
LAsportsfan1981

PostPosted: 02/25/09 12:20 am    ::: Link Reply Reply with quote

http://www.womensprosoccer.com/newsitem_ektid9310.aspx

My Analysis: Not bad at all. Not too dull, but not too flashy also, unlike the old WUSA uniforms.

I would've liked to have seen the Sol go all yellow on the away jerseys. Who knows, maybe that might happen as a third kit, but we'll see. All I know is that the Chicago's jerseys are the best of all of them.

Gotta do away with the skirts though.

Enjoy

bullsky

PostPosted: 02/25/09 12:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Chicago's!

I loathe the skirts. Are those normal?

PostPosted: 02/25/09 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skirts/skorts=DO NOT WANT. That thud you heard was the league's credibility coming way the hell down from where it'd been before.

(now with spelling variations)
Happycappie25

PostPosted: 02/25/09 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Skirts/skorts=DO NOT WANT. That thud you heard was the league's credibility coming way the hell down from where it'd been before.

Agree, skirts are EVIL...its patronizing and dated. Boo to WPS for that

PostPosted: 02/25/09 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Chicago's uniforms the best, too.

I heard the skorts were just accessories, which I hope is true. The FC Gold Pride unis are good minus those unfortunate skorts... Rolling Eyes

LAsportsfan1981

PostPosted: 02/25/09 4:21 pm    ::: WPS article on skorts Reply Reply with quote

http://www.womensprosoccer.com/newsitem_ektid9342.aspx

Everyone can breath a sigh of relief

NOLAbballgirl

PostPosted: 02/25/09 4:30 pm    ::: Re: WPS article on skorts Reply Reply with quote

LAsportsfan1981 wrote:
http://www.womensprosoccer.com/newsitem_ektid9342.aspx

Everyone can breath a sigh of relief

Excellent news! Laughing

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/25/09 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Heh. They've so rushed that little article out because of hundreds of people responding just like everyone in this thread. Stupid mistake letting people think they'd be playing in them in the first place.

JACKOWACKO

PostPosted: 02/25/09 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They arent skirts! Theyre Skorts! Laughing And yeah, they are an accessory

All the uniforms are nice, and its great to see the league starting off on the right foot, literally and figuratively.

PostPosted: 02/25/09 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.isiphotos.com/viewphoto.php?albumId=&imageId=98213&source=search&page=1&searchField=ALL&searchstring=Hope%20Solo&orient=&sort=&sortorder=&numperpage=16&imagepos=4

...oh dear god. Somebody shoot everybody at Puma already.

PostPosted: 02/25/09 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Linzin wrote:
http://www.isiphotos.com/viewphoto.php?albumId=&imageId=98213&source=search&page=1&searchField=ALL&searchstring=Hope%20Solo&orient=&sort=&sortorder=&numperpage=16&imagepos=4

Umm...as much as I love Hope Solo...I'm totally gonna have to agree with you there. Only do pink if you can do it right! Rolling Eyes

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 02/26/09 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Linzin wrote:

Unless you're auctioning it off to Komen or the Kay Yow fund there's no excuse for pink unis.

PostPosted: 02/26/09 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aw come on guys, as Solo's wearing it I presume it's a goalkeeper's kit. They're frequently silly and ridiculous colours, even in the men's game. I've seen much than the one Solo's wearing. In fact, I've worn much worse.

Arguably the world's best keeper is often seen in this, for example:

I'd have no problem with Solo wearing that pink outfit, even with the girlie connotations. Goalie uniforms are exempt from silliness and ugliness rules in my eyes Smile.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 02/26/09 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Aw come on guys, as Solo's wearing it I presume it's a goalkeeper's kit. They're frequently silly and ridiculous colours, even in the men's game. I've seen much than the one Solo's wearing. In fact, I've worn much worse.

I'd have no problem with Solo wearing that pink outfit, even with the girlie connotations. Goalie uniforms are exempt from silliness and ugliness rules in my eyes Smile.

Campos used to dress like a clown but in recent years, goalie kits have gotten better in that regard so still....PINK

PostPosted: 02/26/09 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

But it's pink and some navy/purple color combination! Ah my eyes! Laughing

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/26/09 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jorge Campos was a riot. So was Higuita. I think the head gear is now his TM. But I disagree on the best keeper in the world part.
I thought the unis were cute, but rather dull.

PostPosted: 02/26/09 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
But I disagree on the best keeper in the world part.

I did say 'arguably' Wink. I only picked him because I knew I could find a pic of him in a silly colour pretty easily.

Linzin

PostPosted: 02/26/09 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, so I'm biased but regarding the best keeper (at least, right now) part...

Anyway, I don't think orange is that ridiculous a color, actually. A LOT of them wear it (the Dutch being the first to come to mind) so I've gotten used to orange as a football uni color. (As a basketball uni it's something else, however. *thinks back to when Phoenix wore that ridiculous shade of orange......*)

PINK is like... and that particular SHADE of pink is just... and like, not even just the uni. Look at her freaking SOCKS. *facepalms*

PostPosted: 02/26/09 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WPS gears up with new unis
Quote:
"The uniforms stay true to the heritage of the game," said WPS commissioner Tonya Antonucci, but feature bold colors and new technologies such as moisture-wicking fabric.

And one more distinction: "The uniforms will have a cut more tailored to a woman's body."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: