RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WPS and USA NT Players Reach Terms on Player Contract

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullsky

PostPosted: 02/16/09 10:44 pm    ::: WPS and USA NT Players Reach Terms on Player Contract Reply Reply with quote

http://www.womensprosoccer.com/newsitem_ektid9024.aspx
Quote:
“This is another big day in the evolution of our league from the planning and preparation stages to the start of our inaugural season in less than two months time,” said WPS Commissioner Tonya Antonucci. “We are pleased to have these negotiations behind us and to work closely with the players to promote, support and help WPS thrive. I want to thank the parties on both sides – players and their representatives as well as team and WPS officials – for all the hard work and time that went into this.”

PostPosted: 02/17/09 7:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm pretty much astounded that this wasn't in place already. Seems like something that's an obviously necessary piece of setting up the league in the first place. Oh well, it's done now, before the start of the season, so I guess that's early enough.

GEF34

PostPosted: 02/18/09 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm surprised this wasn't done earlier, but I'm glad it got done and I can't wait for the season to start.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: