RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Start Writing!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/11/05 11:00 am    ::: Start Writing! Reply Reply with quote

It's time to send letters,

Some dumbass wrote a column bashing tha W coming to Chicago. It sound EXACTLY like the trolls on the ESPN board.

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/columns/arvia/x11-ard1.htm

Phil Arvia:

parvia@dailysouthtown.com

(708) 633-5949

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/11/05 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You know Slovy, I read the guy's column.

First, let me agree with your assessment that he truly is a dumbass that doesn't know what he's talking about.

I thought about writing, but then I thought again. There is a certain element of people that are going to feel that way, and they are not going to support the WNBA, whether this guy writes it or no one writes it.

There is another group of people that are going to give the league a chance or are fans of the game, and assholes like this guy aren't going to change that.

So IMO, let him go whimper into a corner quietly as the Chicago team succeeds, and don't waste any more time on him. Writing a response isn't going to change anything, I'm sure won't be printed, and will only lead to you wasting 5 minutes of your precious time.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/11/05 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTS,

I accept your challenge! ("I'm sure it won't be printed) lol!

I wasn't thinking so much about a letter to the editor as just making sure the dork hears from as many of us as possible.
From the ESPN board he's getting calls, letters and emails already.

By the way - check the mail today...

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/11/05 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will do, now you got me excited.

Went to the first practice I've been able to go to for my girls in a little while (that pesky infection) last night. Took two steps in a drill and fell flat on my face. It was like my left leg was gone. Now my knee is all swollen and I can't bend it more than a couple of inches.

I'm not having a good winter....

Alepp03

PostPosted: 02/11/05 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
In fact, I'll make you a promise: As soon as the Chicago TBAs draw 75,000 — total — I'll be there.

He shouldn't be let in the arena. I don't understand why people think just because they don't enjoy something, no one else in the world would. Loser.

PostPosted: 02/13/05 3:04 pm    ::: The Sunday article Reply Reply with quote

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/columns/arvia/x13-ard1.htm

I had written him a rather tame email, allowing him a chance to better explain himself. He responded with a decent email that left me with an "agree to disagree" feeling. As with most others, he requested that I check out Sunday's article. Just the same old ignorance of the first--my dislike of the majority of Chicago sports fans deepens.

PostPosted: 02/13/05 3:28 pm    ::: Re: The Sunday article Reply Reply with quote

Ballwinner wrote:
http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/columns/arvia/x13-ard1.htm

I had written him a rather tame email, allowing him a chance to better explain himself. He responded with a decent email that left me with an "agree to disagree" feeling. As with most others, he requested that I check out Sunday's article. Just the same old ignorance of the first--my dislike of the majority of Chicago sports fans deepens.

he's not a symbol of a chicago sports fan, he's a nerd who knows nothing about sports. sorry for the idiots i live among. i promise we are not all like that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: