RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

For Holdsclaw Fans

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wnbafan

PostPosted: 02/12/05 6:22 pm    ::: For Holdsclaw Fans Reply Reply with quote

This is an article that indicates Mique has an injury. It is a Spanish link, I ran it throught the translation link, whcih came out a little weird.

Source: http://www.ligafemenina.com/no-/02-05/not-03064.htm

Quote:
HOLDSCLAW DOES NOT TRAIN WITH THE ROS YOU WILL MARRY ACCORDING TO THEIR PROBLEMS IN THE AQUILLES SINEW

The relations between Chamique Holdsclaw and the Ros Casares it does not seem that they are at his better moment. Some voices aim at that the North American can leave to be player of the equipment this same weekend. Nevertheless, from club, yesterday broke this argumentation saying that president was of trip and not went to treat this subject, if is that it became, at least, until the next Monday.

Ever since pívot arrived at Valencia has been characterized by two things: being an excellent player of basketball and to lack to many training by problems of injuries.

The club has the 22 of February a transcendental appointment in the season since they play the first party of the eliminatory one of eighth of end of the Euroliga before the Valenciennes. If the Valencian set has some option, this it happens because the North American is in the field. Holdsclaw gives a jump of quality to the equipment and when it plays, it is always determining assets.

The organization must study, in agreement with the player who alleges that she feels pain in the zone, if its injury in the sinew of Aquilles of its right leg is recoverable for the series before the French combined one.

On the other hand, the equipment plays today in the field of the Puig dEn Valls (19,30 hours) a new party of Feminine Liga.

PostPosted: 02/12/05 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's tendonitis in the knee. Nothing too serious.

PostPosted: 02/12/05 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
That's tendonitis in the knee. Nothing too serious.

Thanks.

I guess I should use spell check...my English (typos) came out a little weird, too! Laughing

OK, now I see there is no spell check. I'll just have to get it right the first time.

PostPosted: 02/12/05 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok, let's try a more "accurate" translation. I guarantee the Spanish part lol
Thanks for posting that, wnbafan.

HOLDSCLAW MISSES PRACTICE DUE TO ACHILLES TENDON PROBLEMS

The relationship between Chamique Holdsclaw and Ros Casares has seen better days. Some say that the player might leave the team this weekend. The club denied to comment on it saying that the team's president was out of town and wouldn't deal with it until next Monday.
Since arriving in Valencia, the forward has been noticed for two things: being an excellent basketball player and for missing practices due to injuries.
The team has February 22nd marked on its calendar, since it plays the first game in the best of 3 series against Vallencienes for the Euroleague playoffs. If the Valencia team has any chance that is because the north-american is on the court. Holdsclaw makes the team better, and when she plays, she's always an asset.
The team will determine, along with the player, who's complaining of pain on the spot, if the injury in the Achilles Tendon in her right leg is going to keep her out of the game against the French club.
On other news, the team plays today for the Spanish League, on the road, against Puig d’En Valls at 7:30pm.

PostPosted: 02/13/05 12:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

*tendinitis*

wnbafan

PostPosted: 02/13/05 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks BCBG25!

I am a big Holdsclaw fan, but I know in her history with the Mystics she has been injury prone, missing practices and games. I wonder if she gets the same kind of medical care in Spain as what the Mystics' staff would give her?

As the article indicated, she is a great BBaller. I hope she can pull it together and return to the WNBA - preferably with the Mystics, but I'd like to see her play anywhere that will pull out her best game.

It appears the Mystics are moving their "star" focus to Beard (we got a valentine with her as the only player in the picture). Maybe with Alana in the spotlight, some pressure will be taken off Mique so she can just play her game.

(Sorry, just went into stream of consciousness)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: