RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Comets Dispersal Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/02/08 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MuneravenMN wrote:
Come on. Be mad at Comets owners and management, the ones who killed the Comets. There isn't any point in hating on fans of other teams who simply would like to see their own teams improve.

Killed the Comets? You are made because a business owner couldn't afford the team? Why don't you try being mad at season ticket holders who wouldn't renew over the years?

BCBG25

PostPosted: 12/02/08 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I think every true WNBA fan, even if they're Dream, Mystics or Sky fans, would happily give up Lyttle/Ajavon/whoever in return for having the Comets survive, but that's not an option.

I'll give up Erin Thorn!

petrel wrote:
I think the Dream would even give up a player in order to have the Comets survive. Problem is, I don't think the Comets would want one. Very Happy

Good one. Laughing The Dream have some good players, just not a good GM/Coach. Wink

Joking aside, since there is an impending dispersal draft, the others teams have little time to mourn because it's their job to make the most of the situation and try to improve with whatever is left of the Comets. I would just expect a little more from the fans, but whatever, to each their own.
I do wonder if TT will bother coming back though...

PostPosted: 12/02/08 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
I'll give up Erin Thorn!

Oddly enough, that might be the end result anyway. New York will probably end up with Roneeka Hodges or Renae Camino, either of whom could take Thorn's spot (especially if they find some kind of assistant-esque position for Thorn in lieu of a roster spot).

vanyogan

PostPosted: 12/02/08 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm going going to Say that TT will go to USUNN. I thought we had a good chance before this news. They have the money and TT could be enough to get them a title, finally!

PostPosted: 12/02/08 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
And again, why exactly would a Liberty fan be after another post? Okay, say we get Snow somehow. Janel moves to the four, fine. Cathrine moves to the bench, fine. So now we have to find minutes for Cathrine, Tiffany, Jessica, and Erlana? Yeah, okay, no.

Or Cat moves to somebody else's bench. If E steps up and gives us consistency at the 2, we don't have any immediate needs. Snow makes us better in the post, so we might as well make a run. We've got all the cap space in the world. Go after Thompson too, what the hell? I know this concept of a deep bench and strong 11 player rotation sounds crazy, but it IS legal to have such a thing.

bigbri131014

PostPosted: 12/02/08 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
I'm going going to Say that TT will go to USUNN. I thought we had a good chance before this news. They have the money and TT could be enough to get them a title, finally!

You know i was thinkin the same thing..

MuneravenMN
Champion Tipster

PostPosted: 12/02/08 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
MuneravenMN wrote:
Come on. Be mad at Comets owners and management, the ones who killed the Comets. There isn't any point in hating on fans of other teams who simply would like to see their own teams improve.

Killed the Comets? You are made because a business owner couldn't afford the team? Why don't you try being mad at season ticket holders who wouldn't renew over the years?

Okay. I suggest being mad at those people as well. LOL.

PostPosted: 12/02/08 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmm. TT would be nice. So would a title.

mannman

PostPosted: 12/02/08 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Condolence goes out to the Comets fan and those who enjoy the WNBA, it's a sad day for the league. Sad

I can see the Mystics selecting Matee Ajavon in the dispersal draft and signing free agent Michelle Snow in January. The Mystics are under the Salary Cap and they need a Center bad. Also, I can see the Mystics trading for Harding or Quinn.

Hmmm, Langhorne or Humphrey in a Lynx uniform?

jimmyk

PostPosted: 12/02/08 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hate to be a killjoy here...or whatever word I'm looking for...but this thread kinda reminds me of debating over who gets the old man's mansion and Ferrari before the body is even cold.

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I'm still too deep into the mourning stage to even worry about what player goes where at this point. I honestly wish they'd wait a couple weeks before they do the dispersal draft.

I think that's the first time ever I've used the word Ferrari in a post on the internet. Wow.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 12/02/08 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PattyforPresident wrote:

One thing I've learned in my life is, you have no fucking idea what any other person is feeling at any time about any situation. It's wise not to speculate. None of us are happy. Has anybody said, "fucking hooray, I've been dying to get (Sancho Lyttle/Michelle Snow/Tina Thompson) even at the expense of the most storied franchise in the league!"? Because I missed that post.

I agree. And I feel down about what happened to Houston. If it was my team I would be even more upset. But the reality is that the dispersal draft happens next, and soon. Which makes it worthy of discussion. As a Lib fan I would love for them to do anything and everything within reason to try to acquire Sancho. But I am still sad about Houston and would prefer them to stay. Like you said though, it is what it is.

eclair

PostPosted: 12/02/08 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jimmyk wrote:
I hate to be a killjoy here...or whatever word I'm looking for...but this thread kinda reminds me of debating over who gets the old man's mansion and Ferrari before the body is even cold.

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I'm still too deep into the mourning stage to even worry about what player goes where at this point. I honestly wish they'd wait a couple weeks before they do the dispersal draft.

I think that's the first time ever I've used the word Ferrari in a post on the internet. Wow.

I'm with you, jimmyk. Having just lost the NBA team I've followed since 1977, I'm a little dumbfounded at the gleeful Comet-shopping going on here. And perhaps the wound from last year before the Storm were resurrected--when everybody was claiming Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson for their teams--is still a bit fresh.

And, um, Lamborghini!

PostPosted: 12/02/08 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
And again, why exactly would a Liberty fan be after another post? Okay, say we get Snow somehow. Janel moves to the four, fine. Cathrine moves to the bench, fine. So now we have to find minutes for Cathrine, Tiffany, Jessica, and Erlana? Yeah, okay, no.

I find the league's timing rather abrupt, which suggests to me that they knew this was coming. Maybe that's why Hirsh was trying to distract us with happy shiny links about heartwarming people.

I want no part of Snow myself, even though I think she is better than others think. But like you said, Tiff is developing, and to me Snow only hinders that. And her inconsistency and propensity for dumb fouls would not be worth it even if she brings some positives to the table.

There's only one post that I want who might be attainable via trade. Lyttle. She would give the Lib the rebounding monster that they need. How? Don't know. Janel's untouchable in a deal like that, and Christon could only go in a combo deal or three-way deal where the Lib get perimeter help in return.

smenko

PostPosted: 12/02/08 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am so sorry Comets fans for your loss. I've always enjoyed watching the Comets play their game. They were exciting and proud champions! The Comets have left us with wonderful memories of great players. It's a sad time indeed whenever we lose a team. I still miss the Portland Fire, the Miami Sol, and the Rockers. What's going to happen with their championship banners and such?

toad455

PostPosted: 12/02/08 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I honestly think the following players will simply retire - S. Johnson, Mabika, Dixon & Thompson.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
GEF34

PostPosted: 12/02/08 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I honestly think the following players will simply retire - S. Johnson, Mabika, Dixon & Thompson.

Mwadi Mabika will, unless she gets a miracle this off season and she is able to get 100% healthy

Tina Thompson is still up in the air, because she has talked about it for a few years now, but I think this happening would be the perfect reason for her to use to officially retire from the WNBA

Shannon Johnson and Tamecka Dixon I think will wait till after the Dispersal Draft to see who they are picked by, if they are picked and go from there

PattyforPresident

PostPosted: 12/02/08 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eclair wrote:
jimmyk wrote:

I'm with you, jimmyk. Having just lost the NBA team I've followed since 1977, I'm a little dumbfounded at the gleeful Comet-shopping going on here. And perhaps the wound from last year before the Storm were resurrected--when everybody was claiming Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson for their teams--is still a bit fresh.

And, um, Lamborghini!

I'm sorry, but once again, I fail to see any fucking glee. I see realism. You're a couple self righteous sissies. This is almost the same as dividing an estate. And I feel the same way about that. I have a 91 year old aunt. The reality is her days are numbered. We're splitting the estate 6 ways and will have to put the house on the market immediately to sell and pay the taxes because the land is worth a lot, it's industrially zoned now and it's 3/4 of the estate. This shit is all just part of life. It's fucking hard and it fucking sucks, but it's JUST THE WAY THINGS GO. You cry, you mourn your loss, you take a few days off work to figure everything out. But most importantly, you put one foot in front of the other and you KEEP LIVING and you DO WHAT COMES NEXT.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 12/02/08 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Mabika's game retired about 4 years ago, so it'd be about time for the person to follow. I wouldn't be so sure about the other three, all of whom can still contribute if they're healthy.

GEF34

PostPosted: 12/02/08 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Mabika's game retired about 4 years ago, so it'd be about time for the person to follow. I wouldn't be so sure about the other three, all of whom can still contribute if they're healthy.

when healthy Mwadi Mabika can still play and provide some decent minutes off the bench, unfortunately she hasn't been healthy and as I posted previous if her health doesn't improve I think she will retire

SORF

PostPosted: 12/03/08 12:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

smenko wrote:
I am so sorry Comets fans for your loss. I've always enjoyed watching the Comets play their game. They were exciting and proud champions! The Comets have left us with wonderful memories of great players. It's a sad time indeed whenever we lose a team. I still miss the Portland Fire, the Miami Sol, and the Rockers. What's going to happen with their championship banners and such?

Smenko, the original banners and uniforms were still hanging in the rafters of the Toyota Center as of last week...I'm going to a Rockets game tomorrow night and will check to see if they are still there.

As for the comments of JimmyK, BCBG, and eclair, I understand exactly what you are saying. As a loyal, supporting STH of the Houston Comets from 1998 through 2008, it hurts to watch people divvy up the property (players) while the body (team) is still warm. It has been only one day since it was announced. So to take a couple days of observance shouldn't be too much to ask. Later this week would have been more respectful to the Comets fans to discuss the dispersal draft.

Thank you, JimmyK, BCBG, and eclair for your respect toward the Comets fans at a sad time for us. And thank you to all the fans who have expressed their condolences to the Comets' fans too.

eclair

PostPosted: 12/03/08 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PattyforPresident wrote:

I'm sorry, but once again, I fail to see any fucking glee. I see realism. You're a couple self righteous sissies. This is almost the same as dividing an estate. And I feel the same way about that. I have a 91 year old aunt. The reality is her days are numbered. We're splitting the estate 6 ways and will have to put the house on the market immediately to sell and pay the taxes because the land is worth a lot, it's industrially zoned now and it's 3/4 of the estate. This shit is all just part of life. It's fucking hard and it fucking sucks, but it's JUST THE WAY THINGS GO. You cry, you mourn your loss, you take a few days off work to figure everything out. But most importantly, you put one foot in front of the other and you KEEP LIVING and you DO WHAT COMES NEXT.

That post is, um, interesting.

PostPosted: 12/03/08 1:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eclair wrote:
PattyforPresident wrote:

Look, I'm just making a point. Jimmyk drew the comparison. This isn't the same as, "oh boy, thank God the jerk's dead! I call the Ferrari," but it's kind of the same thing as dividing an estate. Either way, that's life and it's what you do next.

FS02

PostPosted: 12/03/08 1:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eclair wrote:
PattyforPresident wrote:

I actually found that post kind of inspiring.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/03/08 2:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Shades wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
Also, I can see the Mystics trading for Harding or Quinn.

With what?

I don't want to really get into a Mystics off season trade in this thread. The Mystics could be creative trading Ajavon or some of their current players or draft picks for players from other WNBA teams.

The Lynx don't need Ajavon.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 12/03/08 8:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
Shades wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
Also, I can see the Mystics trading for Harding or Quinn.

With what?

I don't want to really get into a Mystics off season trade in this thread. The Mystics could be creative trading Ajavon or some of their current players or draft picks for players from other WNBA teams.

The Lynx don't need Ajavon.

Where was it said Ajavon might be going to the Lynx ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: