Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullsky

PostPosted: 12/02/08 1:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eclair wrote:
PattyforPresident wrote:
eclair wrote:
What. What.

The team's not even dead a day, and fans are picking at the carrion. That's what.

It is what it is. That's all we have. Things are sad and we're all down about it, but the world keeps spinning. A dispersal draft happens next. It's being discussed. Some people are so touchy.

It doesn't seem like too many people are too down about it. "Oh, it makes me so sad! Poor Comets! What's in it for me?"

Touch this.

I agree, a lot of this has bothered me. And whats sad is that a lot of the more saddest posters aren't Comets fans. And some of the ones selling these players like two dollar whores are Comets fans. Maybe there's a reason why Seattle has a team and Houston doesn't. But it's still sad.

PostPosted: 12/02/08 1:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PattyforPresident wrote:
eclair wrote:
PattyforPresident wrote:
eclair wrote:
What. What.

The team's not even dead a day, and fans are picking at the carrion. That's what.

It is what it is. That's all we have. Things are sad and we're all down about it, but the world keeps spinning. A dispersal draft happens next. It's being discussed. Some people are so touchy.

It doesn't seem like too many people are too down about it. "Oh, it makes me so sad! Poor Comets! What's in it for me?"

Touch this.

One thing I've learned in my life is, you have no fucking idea what any other person is feeling at any time about any situation. It's wise not to speculate. None of us are happy. Has anybody said, "fucking hooray, I've been dying to get (Sancho Lyttle/Michelle Snow/Tina Thompson) even at the expense of the most storied franchise in the league!"? Because I missed that post.

Yup. Nobody's said that. You didn't miss that post. Fucking hooray for you.

So sorry to all my Comets fan friends. So sorry.

PostPosted: 12/02/08 1:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eclair wrote:
PattyforPresident wrote:
eclair wrote:
PattyforPresident wrote:
eclair wrote:
What. What.

Touch this.

One thing I've learned in my life is, you have no fucking idea what any other person is feeling at any time about any situation. It's wise not to speculate. None of us are happy. Has anybody said, "fucking hooray, I've been dying to get (Sancho Lyttle/Michelle Snow/Tina Thompson) even at the expense of the most storied franchise in the league!"? Because I missed that post.

Yup. Nobody's said that. You didn't miss that post. Fucking hooray for you.

So sorry to all my Comets fan friends. So sorry.

Yeah, nobody said anything like that. That makes you wrong.

TDAO

PostPosted: 12/02/08 2:00 am    ::: Re: Comets Dispersal Draft Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
There are a couple of even more random foreigners whose rights Houston still hold from back in the dark ages as well but they're essentially irrelevant.

Would the Comets still hold Amaya Valdemoro's rights? Probably a moot point since she's shown zero interest in playing in the WNBA since her stint in Houston, but I always harbored the hope of bringing her to Seattle.

GEF34

PostPosted: 12/02/08 2:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TDAO wrote:

Would the Comets still hold Amaya Valdemoro's rights? Probably a moot point since she's shown zero interest in playing in the WNBA since her stint in Houston, but I always harbored the hope of bringing her to Seattle.

If Houston does hold her rights, I wonder if she is picked by another team she would be interested in coming back depending on the team and the players

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 12/02/08 3:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TDAO wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
There are a couple of even more random foreigners whose rights Houston still hold from back in the dark ages as well but they're essentially irrelevant.

Aside from Renae Camino (Draft List/Reserved), the players on Houston's Suspended List are Lucienne Berthieu and Polina Tzekova, bringing to 11 the total number of players available to be chosen. As far as passing on a selection, teams were not allowed that option during the Charlotte dispersal...

GEF34

PostPosted: 12/02/08 3:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
TDAO wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Aside from Renae Camino (Draft List/Reserved), the players on Houston's Suspended List are Lucienne Berthieu and Polina Tzekova, bringing to 11 the total number of players available to be chosen. As far as passing on a selection, teams were not allowed that option during the Charlotte dispersal...

during the 2007 Dispersal draft Detroit and Connecticut passed on their picks. At least thats how it was reported on wnba.com

http://www.wnba.com/features/dispersalanalysis.html

CB

PostPosted: 12/02/08 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
eclair wrote:
PattyforPresident wrote:
eclair wrote:
What. What.

Touch this.

I agree, a lot of this has bothered me. And whats sad is that a lot of the more saddest posters aren't Comets fans. And some of the ones selling these players like two dollar whores are Comets fans. Maybe there's a reason why Seattle has a team and Houston doesn't. But it's still sad.

You two should look at stlndot's avatar. Where have you been? Most Comets fans have been through hell since fall 2006. That tends to get you past the "oh woe is me, I lost my team today." I personally was so disgusted with what was happening I lost my team of 11 years a year ago and am way past it though it is still a sad thing to me, just not devastating since I moved on over a year ago as I said. Don't judge, you haven't walked in our shoes.

Y'all are pretending compassion while flailing a knife with the other. Disgusting.

PostPosted: 12/02/08 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Y'all grave robbers could at least discuss this in a timely manner and allow us all old timers some time for mourning.

PostPosted: 12/02/08 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
DTP wrote:

Tina Thompson- LA.....DMJ dealt somewhere

umm...only one ball... Wink

And one salary cap Shocked

PD or Cam, do you have current salary numbers for teams?
Who can afford a max player?

PostPosted: 12/02/08 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Y'all grave robbers could at least discuss this in a timely manner and allow us all old timers some time for mourning.

What is an appropriate time of mourning for you BCB? The league announced last night the dispersal draft as Dec. 8th, 1 week, we can't wait too long...

Shall the whole country of WNBA fans wait until you are ready or maybe you should just not click on a "Dispersal Draft" thread?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope Tina plays next summer...in the East...with the Sun. Laughing

I hope Snow goes to Detroit to weaken them. Laughing

I hope Maiga Ba goes to San Antonio or Sacramento.

I hope Mabika and Byears go away.

PostPosted: 12/02/08 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, considering people were discussing the dispersal draft BEFORE the team officially folded, including you, I wouldn't expect much.
And I reserve the right to pick the threads I want to click on, thank you.
If this were my team, I would be all over your carcasses, that's all I'm saying.

PostPosted: 12/02/08 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Well, considering people were discussing the dispersal draft BEFORE the team officially folded, including you, I wouldn't expect much.
And I reserve the right to pick the threads I want to click on, thank you.
If this were my team, I would be all over your carcasses, that's all I'm saying.

If I see it on my local news and my source confirms it, it is official enough for me. Anyone would want to talk about it and report it.

Laughing I reserve my right to say what I want regardless of your highness mourning.

PostPosted: 12/02/08 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And again, why exactly would a Liberty fan be after another post? Okay, say we get Snow somehow. Janel moves to the four, fine. Cathrine moves to the bench, fine. So now we have to find minutes for Cathrine, Tiffany, Jessica, and Erlana? Yeah, okay, no.

I find the league's timing rather abrupt, which suggests to me that they knew this was coming. Maybe that's why Hirsh was trying to distract us with happy shiny links about heartwarming people.

(now with spelling variations)
bullsky

PostPosted: 12/02/08 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I find the league's timing rather abrupt, which suggests to me that they knew this was coming. Maybe that's why Hirsh was trying to distract us with happy shiny links about heartwarming people.

I was thinking the same thing last night.

PostPosted: 12/02/08 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Condolence goes out to the Comets fan and those who enjoy the WNBA, it's a sad day for the league. Sad

I can see the Mystics selecting Matee Ajavon in the dispersal draft and signing free agent Michelle Snow in January. The Mystics are under the Salary Cap and they need a Center bad. Also, I can see the Mystics trading for Harding or Quinn.

cherrystreet

PostPosted: 12/02/08 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shot! I was hoping TT would go to the Storm. She does like Bird and LJ and I think she still likes Swoopes, also. They could quietly not resign Yo(boy I hate that). Get Burse back and let Robinson and Ely go. Jackson, Burse, Little and TT would be good. Cash and Swoopes(should be last year) at the three. Wright, Bird, Beck and someone. I think that could be more than livable for the Storm.

DTP, as a Comet fan that likes the Shock, I would not like to see Snow come there. I have not been impressed with her play in all her years with the league. She would have to come a long way to make that opinion disappear.

I'm sad but you can't really be upset that others are trying to find out how this can or may benefit there team.

boogiezen

PostPosted: 12/02/08 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sad day for the league. Sad

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
Shades

PostPosted: 12/02/08 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Also, I can see the Mystics trading for Harding or Quinn.

With what?

stlkr23

PostPosted: 12/02/08 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cherrystreet wrote:
Shot! I was hoping TT would go to the Storm. She does like Bird and LJ and I think she still likes Swoopes, also. They could quietly not resign Yo(boy I hate that). Get Burse back and let Robinson and Ely go. Jackson, Burse, Little and TT would be good. Cash and Swoopes(should be last year) at the three. Wright, Bird, Beck and someone. I think that could be more than livable for the Storm.

DTP, as a Comet fan that likes the Shock, I would not like to see Snow come there. I have not been impressed with her play in all her years with the league. She would have to come a long way to make that opinion disappear.

I'm sad but you can't really be upset that others are trying to find out how this can or may benefit there team.

I would quietly let Swin go, not bring back Burse ... Keep Yo and get T!

personally I really do like Swin - the couple of times that I met her she was truly nice - and Janelle is a sweetie - but sorry if I'm going to have injury riddled players - give me Yo and Swoopes anyday ... esp Yo - that woman will ball until she passes out

but too if Swin is truly healthy ......

but we're talkin' Tina Thompson ... Tina Thompson's got the skill very few on earth possess, she's the money from the outside, lipstick wearing 3-point threat! by opposing teams and fans alike you know she is respect, can't say the same for the black and whites how many time's she's been ejected? (T T TNT - by Pulltab, 03)

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 12/02/08 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

With what?

I don't want to really get into a Mystics off season trade in this thread. The Mystics could be creative trading Ajavon or some of their current players or draft picks for players from other WNBA teams.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/02/08 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Shades wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

With what?

I don't want to really get into a Mystics off season trade in this thread. The Mystics could be creative trading Ajavon or some of their current players or draft picks for players from other WNBA teams.

Then why bother posting about a trade you can see happening?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 12/02/08 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stlkr23 wrote:
cherrystreet wrote:

I would quietly let Swin go, not bring back Burse ... Keep Yo and get T!

personally I really do like Swin - the couple of times that I met her she was truly nice - and Janelle is a sweetie - but sorry if I'm going to have injury riddled players - give me Yo and Swoopes anyday ... esp Yo - that woman will ball until she passes out

Cash will have got multiple guaranteed years as part of the deal she signed when traded last season, so they can't really let her go. Can't see Swin going anywhere.

As for the 'should we be talking about this?' arguments, I absolutely feel for Comets fans. The only basketball team I've ever truly supported no longer exists, so I do have some comprehension of what they're going through, and if I was a Comets fan I probably wouldn't come near this thread, but the dispersal draft is a near-immediate fact of WNBA life. Player movement, trades, signings and drafts are hot topics of discussion at any time, especially during the offseason, so you've got to expect this stuff to be discussed and discussed in relative detail. I think every true WNBA fan, even if they're Dream, Mystics or Sky fans, would happily give up Lyttle/Ajavon/whoever in return for having the Comets survive, but that's not an option. So we move on and discuss what we have left to discuss, while continuing to feel a great deal of sympathy for fans who've lost their team.

petrel

PostPosted: 12/02/08 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I think every true WNBA fan, even if they're Dream, Mystics or Sky fans, would happily give up Lyttle/Ajavon/whoever in return for having the Comets survive, but that's not an option.

I think the Dream would even give up a player in order to have the Comets survive. Problem is, I don't think the Comets would want one. Very Happy

MuneravenMN
Champion Tipster

PostPosted: 12/02/08 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eclair wrote:
PattyforPresident wrote:
eclair wrote:
What. What.

Touch this.

Yes by all means take out your anger on fans of other teams who have expressed MUCH regret and sadness in other threads about the demise of the comets. How appropriate of you.

Come on. Be mad at Comets owners and management, the ones who killed the Comets. There isn't any point in hating on fans of other teams who simply would like to see their own teams improve.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: