RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

iTunes albums on sale - 96 percent off!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambista

PostPosted: 08/25/05 10:15 am    ::: iTunes albums on sale - 96 percent off! Reply Reply with quote

http://news.com.com/2061-10799_3-5842872.html?part=rss&tag=5842872&subj=news

PostPosted: 08/25/05 11:44 am    ::: Re: iTunes albums on sale - 96 percent off! Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
http://news.com.com/2061-10799_3-5842872.html?part=rss&tag=5842872&subj=news

I really would have taken advantage of that "sale" Albums for 40 cents! Shocked

I absolutely love iTunes. New Music Tuesdays rule!

sambista

PostPosted: 08/25/05 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

when i lived in the (san francisco) bay area, kjaz was arguably the best jazz radio station on the planet. it was taken out by a company that switched it to country. and now the premier jazz radio station is kcsm, a public station down the peninsula, out of san mateo community college. which you can stream from the web, btw. but i digress.

what makes my heart glad is to be able to fire up itunes and choose from the list of preset streaming stations "the spirit of kjaz san francisco." omg. to hear the unmistakable voice of jerry dean again, to trip back wistfully to those glory days, and the kind of bright, sunny, bouncy jazz that was the style in the bay area . . . wow.

PostPosted: 08/25/05 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love iTunes. Boilerjay I'm with you, tuesdays are great, this is how I get to know different artist. Pretty good stuff stuff on there. Music is almost my life.

Yeah my nerves are raw and your wearin' thin. You won't play me again. I'm not a freak show, eat crow kinda thing. I can suck you up, or spit you out, so take your best swing. I'm gonna jump right off of this sinking ship, are you feeling me yet?
bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 08/25/05 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

how much is a song on itunes....I`ve been using emusic cause it is only 22 cents a song, and they gave me 40 free songs to begin

PostPosted: 08/25/05 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

a lot of people jumped on emusic initially because they were offering the first 50 songs free. that's what i used before itunes took off. but a lot of the songs i got on emusic, i wound up repurchasing from itunes because emusic's file quality was inferior (especially old jazz stuff that sounded tinny and echoed). that may have since changed, but back then you didn't have any choices in quality (like 160kbps vs. 128). anyway, itunes is 99 cents per, which suits me fine since i'm usually downloading 6-plus-minute tunes. the albums average about $9.99.

PostPosted: 08/25/05 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Bibb...I too download some classic jazz stuff...I`m gonna try some from itune to compare the quality

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: