RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Yahoo keeps hijacking my browser!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peaceplease

PostPosted: 08/24/05 3:29 pm    ::: Yahoo keeps hijacking my browser! Reply Reply with quote

Just this week it started acting strange. When i have multiple browsers open, (like when there are 6 games in one night) out of the blue, EVERY browser goes to my yahoo mail.
I have scanned for viruses and have never had trouble with yahoo, but BCBG didn't you have a yahoo hijacking problem earlier this week?
ANYBODY?
I'm using IE.

Evil or Very Mad

AND I can't seem to find a place to get in touch with them. I go to help and type in hijacking and it tells me what hijacking is. THANK YOU DAMNIT! I know what it is. How to get in touch with these folks???

PEACE
pilight

PostPosted: 08/24/05 4:08 pm    ::: Re: Yahoo keeps hijacking my browser! Reply Reply with quote

cheryleggleston wrote:

I'm using IE.

Evil or Very Mad

I think this is the main problem.

Some discussion of the issue here:

http://www.ieforums.com/ftopic11677.html

PostPosted: 08/24/05 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks Pilight. Very enlightening. I think it is the toolbar. I am going to uninstall it and see if that works. Then go from there if I need to change browsers. Seems like B's problem was with the toolbar too now that I think about it. B?

PEACE
BCBG25

PostPosted: 08/25/05 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's right. After I installed the latest version of the toolbar, it went crazy. One more thing: I am using Firefox, so this is not related (or doesn't seem to be restricted to) IE.
I uninstalled it and now I am using the Google toolbar. And then they wonder why Google is so much better. Yahoo is in reactive mode these days...kinda like if Patty Coyle was their CEO Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/25/05 7:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't use either toolbar.

Yahoo has some advantages over Google. They have a wider search base and are much better at not showing 80 zillion sites with the exact same article. They're also ahead of Google on cutting down on automatic redirects.

PostPosted: 08/25/05 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I uninstalled the toolbar and everything seems to be peachy. I wonder how many toolbars got uninstalled when this happened? Oh well........Google for me too.
Thanks guys!

PEACE
sbjules

PostPosted: 08/25/05 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I uninstalled the toolbar and everything seems to be peachy. I wonder how many toolbars got uninstalled when this happened? Oh well........Google for me too.

Yahoo's tool bar appeared on my lap top at home about a month ago & wouldn't go away until I uninstalled it either. So this is a me too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: