RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Wade Award Candidates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barryi22

PostPosted: 08/17/05 10:49 am    ::: Wade Award Candidates Reply Reply with quote

Seimone Augustus, LSU
Nikki Blue, UCLA
Monique Currie, Duke
Jessica Davenport, Ohio State
Shay Doron, Maryland
Megan Duffy, Notre Dame
Candice Dupree, Temple
Sylvia Fowles, LSU
Erin Grant, Texas Tech
Tasha Humphrey, Georgia
Tiffany Jackson, Texas
Tamara James, Miami
Crystal Langhorne, Maryland
Erlana Larkins, North Carolina
Ivory Latta, North Carolina
Shawntinice Polk, Arizona
Cappie Pondexter, Rutgers
Liz Shimek, Michigan State
Khara Smith, DePaul
Kim Smith, Utah
Tiffany Stansbury, NC State
Ann Strother, Connecticut
Candice Wiggins, Stanford
Sophia Young, Baylor
Shanna Zolman, Tennessee

They did a better job here. Add in Shanna and Liz, chop of Bowen, Turner and Williams. Surprisingly they left off Price, Quinn and Gearlds.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 08/17/05 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Turner deserves to be on this list. I expect big things out of her this year.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/17/05 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No Armintie Price. That is just ridiculous.

Ditto on Shimik.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 08/17/05 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Problem is, who do you take off? Polk would be the easiest choice, IMHO.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/17/05 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Problem is, who do you take off? Polk would be the easiest choice, IMHO.

I would take Price over Strother, Zolman, Polk, Kim Smith, and Larkins to name a few. I slide Gearlds in as well, but that might be bias talking.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 08/17/05 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Erlana Larkins deserves to be on the list. She is one of the Top 5 players in the ACC...as a sophomore.

I would add in Armintie Price and Barbara Turner, and would take off Shawntinice Polk and Ann Strother.

Leah Rush and Katie Gearlds will definitely be a players to watch out for.

DblT81

PostPosted: 08/17/05 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:

Alesha Robertson belongs on any list with those two.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 08/17/05 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alesha is a very talented player as well. There seems to be more talent now than ever before in WCBB, in my opinion.

droppedsomething?

PostPosted: 08/20/05 5:02 pm    ::: Re: Wade Award Candidates Reply Reply with quote

barryi22 wrote:

They did a better job here. Add in Shanna and Liz, chop of Bowen, Turner and Williams. Surprisingly they left off Price, Quinn and Gearlds.

No Bowen? Shocked Question Evil or Very Mad Holy shit.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 08/23/05 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ann Strother over BT? Shocked Can I get a hit of what these folks are smokin'?

Although I can't stand the Puppies, I do admire BT's heart and hustle. Strother is 6'2" worth of sorry cow crap.

Mathies to LA 2013
barryi22

PostPosted: 08/23/05 2:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Strother had a better season last year than BT did. BT will be better this season, but Strother deserves it more than BT does. I'm not a UCONN fan at all, but I wouldn't say she is "6'2" worth of sorry cow crap." She is a good shooter, a good defender and a good passer. She isn't as good as Currie, Pondexter or Young, but she is still a good player who excells when playing behind the star.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 08/23/05 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

barryi22 wrote:
Strother had a better season last year than BT did. BT will be better this season, but Strother deserves it more than BT does. I'm not a UCONN fan at all, but I wouldn't say she is "6'2" worth of sorry cow crap." She is a good shooter, a good defender and a good passer. She isn't as good as Currie, Pondexter or Young, but she is still a good player who excells when playing behind the star.

She's a streaky shooter, horrible defender, and she lacks leadership. How can she possibly be compared to Currie, Pondexter, Augustus, or Young (the forerunners for this award)?

Mathies to LA 2013
bullsky

PostPosted: 08/23/05 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
barryi22 wrote:

She's a streaky shooter, horrible defender, and she lacks leadership. How can she possibly be compared to Currie, Pondexter, Augustus, or Young (the forerunners for this award)?

I agree. I think Strother is actually overrated. But oh well. I said that about Shyra Ely. And lately shes been doing well in the WNBA.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 08/23/05 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
barryi22 wrote:

I agree. I think Strother is actually overrated. But oh well. I said that about Shyra Ely. And lately shes been doing well in the WNBA.

I think she's somewhere in the middle. To say she is "horrible" at anything is too exreme, and how are we to know her "leadership" when we're not around the team? That said, I still think Barb Turner is going to have a big year.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 08/23/05 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:

Shyra was overrated, too. However, she's coming into her own in the WNBA because (1) she has to (SASS, people) and (2) she wants to. Maybe Ann'll do the same. Only time will tell. She has potential BUT what good is potential when it's WASTED half the time?

With that said, I still think BT will be the MVP for that team this season though I don't expect them to go past the Sweet 16.

Mathies to LA 2013
tag3

PostPosted: 08/24/05 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
Erlana Larkins deserves to be on the list. She is one of the Top 5 players in the ACC...as a sophomore.

I would add in Armintie Price and Barbara Turner, and would take off Shawntinice Polk and Ann Strother.

Amen, bballfan. Leah Rush is a star on the rise. Folks who don't know her now surely will by season's end. And CERTAINLY she'll be making noise her senior year. I'm hearing All American talk about Leah, and I believe it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: