RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2008 WNBA Playoff Fantasy Game Is Ready To Go

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Musicman 55

PostPosted: 09/16/08 1:35 am    ::: 2008 WNBA Playoff Fantasy Game Is Ready To Go Reply Reply with quote

As some of you already know, we reached the Magic Number of 10 Managers at approximately 8:45 P.M. Monday night when Admiral Needa announced that he would be participating. So we will definitely be offering a WNBA Fantasy Playoff Game on RebKell's website.

I am pleased to announce that Rick Mraz has agreed to serve as Official Scorekeeper and Rick and I will serve as Co-Commissioners for the Game. Also the final vote on the format resulted in a unanimous vote for us to select 2 Players per Day and by only 1 vote we will be selecting 1 Team per Day.

So here are the Official Rules for each of the Managers to be certain they understand before making their Selections. You should select 2 Players each Day and they will earn Efficiency Points based on the formula posted by the WNBA. Also you should select 1 Team per Day and each Winning Team will earn 5 Points.

Now here is the new wrinkle that has been added to try to keep everyone interested in participating until the end of the Playoffs. In each Round you may only select the same Player twice. This might not be a factor at all in some of the early Round Series since 3 Games will be the maximum possible. But if the Finals go all 5 Games as they did last year, this might give several Managers a chance to move up in the Final Standings.

The Deadline for selecting Players and Teams is the start of the First Game each Day. Rick and I both would appreciate it if a couple more people would volunteer to help us with some small tasks related to keeping records and posting Statistics. He and I will do all of the major tasks like keeping Score, but we could use some backup help if we could get it.

Later today I will begin posting some information on the WNBA Yahoo Group website to help the members of that Group with their Selections. I will also be posting a link to the very best Injury Reports so that hopefully no one will lose Points by selecting a Player who definitely will not play. I will include the link to the Yahoo Group in that posting. Each of you will be welcome in that Group if you would like to join.

Finally we thank you for your support and we want you to enjoy playing the Game. Please let us know if you have any concerns or suggestions. And Good Luck to each of you.

Phil Zorn
Musicman55

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: