RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Gemelos Goes Back on her verbal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barryi22

PostPosted: 08/21/05 10:46 pm    ::: Gemelos Goes Back on her verbal Reply Reply with quote

I don't have a link, but it has been confirmed by many fans on UCONN's message board. Although this is very unfortunate for UCONN and their fans, it is better now than later. She is a great player and will have a great career wherever she goes.

Keegan

PostPosted: 08/22/05 2:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope she goes to Cal. It would be a great pickup for coach Boyle and would help to revive a competitive intra-Bay rivalry with Stanford.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/22/05 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From the Hartford Courant ...

Gemeols: "I have the utmost respect for Coach Auriemma. He wasn't happy at all when I told him. I don't want to get into everything that was said, but he basically said that I should pray to God that I never play against his team. He was [angry], but I still totally respect him. What he was saying made sense, and I just had to take it."

That is a completely ridiculous thing for Geno to have said. It can really only be described as threatening and he is saying it to 17-year-old girl. Really over the top.

Keegan

PostPosted: 08/22/05 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I assume this means Gemelos is definitely not going to sign with UConn now (there was speculation this was only "a step back" to think about other possibilities)

gopher5

PostPosted: 08/22/05 9:25 am    ::: Re: Gemelos Goes Back on her verbal Reply Reply with quote

My first thought was, I wonder if she will now sign with Stanford to play with Jayne Appel (since she did not convince Jayne to go to UConn with her). I have no idea if Stanford is even interested or has room to add her.

The Courant article says that Cal, UCLA and USC are schools she is considering.

Keegan

PostPosted: 08/22/05 9:27 am    ::: Re: Gemelos Goes Back on her verbal Reply Reply with quote

gopher5 wrote:
My first thought was, I wonder if she will now sign with Stanford to play with Jayne Appel (since she did not convince Jayne to go to UConn with her). I have no idea if Stanford is even interested or has room to add her.

I have no idea if she qualifies academically but I'm going to guess no.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/22/05 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
I assume this means Gemelos is definitely not going to sign with UConn now (there was speculation this was only "a step back" to think about other possibilities)

You never know. I figured that he had completely burned the bridge with Britney Hunter, and look how that turned out.

barryi22

PostPosted: 08/22/05 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think a lot of it has to do with wanting to stay near home. I think Geno's backlashing at recruits will take a toll on them in the long run, people like EDD and Angie Bjorklund will probably take a look at his history with recruits who decide to not go to UCONN.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 08/22/05 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Gemelos, the top recruit in the Class of 2006, told All-Star Girls Report she informed the UConn coaches last week she would not be keeping her commitment. She committed last August when she was 15, before her junior season.

Fifteen-year-olds are much too young to be making such big decisions.

Quote:
"...he basically said that I should pray to God that I never play against his team.

What a bully!

http://www.courant.com/sports/hc-ucwomen0822.artaug22,0,4355297.story?coll=hc-headlines-sports

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 08/23/05 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Keegan wrote:

You never know. I figured that he had completely burned the bridge with Britney Hunter, and look how that turned out.

He burned the bridge with Brittany Hunter's mother and stepfather...never with Brittany.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 08/23/05 12:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luigi's such a class act! Once again, he'll use his assinine reverse psychology to mentally impede the little girl's progress at her new school in hopes that she'll come crawling back to him and the UConn Puppies the following season (ala Brittany Hunter). We need more coaches like him and Jellybean in WBB.

Mathies to LA 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: