Board Junkies Forums

Ashley Battle and other future pros.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 02/08/05 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
well we COULDN'T stop Foley in Hartford. Does that mean she's a lock to be a WNBA star too?

Of course! ;)

Foley's a lege!!

mercfan3

PostPosted: 02/08/05 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LOL, I'm sorry..I never ever said that Battle was better than Beard (who on earth would?) Actually, I was complimenting Beard. I said that if Battle could guard her, she can guard any other guard pretty well in the WNBA. If I had to guess, Beard is the toughest matchup for Battle Because Battle doesn't have her speed advantage over Beard. When Battle was guarding Beard, Beard was contained. Who knows why she didn't guard Beard for the whole game. But it seemed like, to me, Battle would get to guard Beard for most of the first half, and then rarely in the second half. Beard got hot in the second half of both games...Why Geno changed, who knows?

Battle coming up in big games: This is off the top of my head

*during the 2002-2003 NC game. Battle stole the in bounds pass at the end of the game. Pretty much sealing the win.

* 2003-2004 VS Tenn, biggest game of the season for Uconn, Battle played her best game for that year. Was probably the real player of the game. (THey gave POG to Taurasi, but you could have made a bigger case for Battle.)

*2003-2004 BE tournament vs. Boston college. At the end of the half Battle sinks a three pointer, and gets fouled and sinks the foul shot. Giving the huskies some momentem (even though they lost) to go into the half with.

*2004-2005 Arizona. NOT a big game, but Battle showed up when her team needed her. No, they didn't win but Battle did everything she could have.

*2004-2005 Vs. Tenn Near the end of the game Battle Sinks a three pointer, then the next time down the court gets fouled and makes her two free throws. Giving the huskies the lead......(Once again, they managed to lose, however.)

*2004-2005 vs. Notre Dame. Battle and Charde go off on Notre Dame in the second half. Battle had probably her best game ever. She had her best game, when her team needed a top 25 win badly.

No Battle doesn't usually take over games (except in the case of ND along with Charde) But she makes what would be considered clutch plays.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/08/05 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
When Battle was guarding Beard, Beard was contained.

No, she wasn't. During the second half of the game in Cameron, Beard abused Battle repeatedly...from the left side. Beard was consistently going left, and Ashley couldn't figure out to overplay and force her to go right. Beard had 18 or 19 points in the second half of that game.

Quote:
Who knows why she didn't guard Beard for the whole game

Because she couldn't. See above. If you live in Phoenix, I can send you the video.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: