RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

USA Women's Gameday: 8/17 vs. New Zealand
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/17/08 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
Has Marino ever recieved a WNBA camp invite?

Shocked
What? Marino?? Why???

What's with all the Marino love here. She sucks!!
Have you all not been listening to AAEmotion?
She comes off the bench in the WNBL. That should tell you something. This ain't a deep league.

AAEmotion wrote:
Last long in the W? Hell, she'd be hard pressed to even be allowed to carry a W players water bottle.

Very true, because when the WNBA player needed a drink, Ang wouldn't pass her the bottle anyway, she'd just chuck it in the general direction of the nearest hoop.

OMG, you leave the board alone for a few days and then there are Marino fans when you get back.
Sorry admins, I'll try to stick around a bit more from now on.

PostPosted: 08/17/08 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think anyone's disagreeing with you all...

LOL about the water bottle!!! Laughing

[quote="Luuuc"]

What's with all the Marino love here. She sucks!!

because when the WNBA player needed a drink, Ang wouldn't pass her the bottle anyway, she'd just chuck it in the general direction of the nearest hoop.

PostPosted: 08/17/08 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey, I was just asking! Wink

PostPosted: 08/17/08 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ahahaha yea luuuc, this is all your bloody fault!

When Marino was playing with Canberra, she had this chick on her team, you might have heard of her - Lauren Jackson her name is. I've heard she's pretty good, but any way. Marino has the ball on the outside, Jackson, Whittle and Beatty calling for the ball inside ... what, oh what does Angela Marino do?

Why she clanks a 3 attempt off the backboard of course. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/17/08 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry O][K. It's just that the name Angela Marino can be a bit of a sore point for some aussies. (by "some" I mean ones that watch womens basketball)
I can't think of a player that has stirred up anywhere near as much negativity from fans of their own team than Marino has. She has played in Canberra, Perth & Adelaide, with similar results each time.
Combine that with the bizarre way she runs (which Hellcat is the best at describing), the intense dribbling without going anywhere, and the way her wrists flop around wildly, and she makes quite the impression.

PostPosted: 08/17/08 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only thing impressive (and slightly disturbing) about her is how on earth can she play with all that hair loose? I don't think it should be legal.

PostPosted: 08/17/08 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
The only thing impressive (and slightly disturbing) about her is how on earth can she play with all that hair loose? I don't think it should be legal.

I had flashbacks to Rome and Michelle's High School Reunion.

PostPosted: 08/18/08 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Melanie wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Melanie wrote:
I believe it's 10:15am Tuesday.

10:15am EST??

It is 8am east coast time.

God dammit. Evil or Very Mad

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
Sass

PostPosted: 08/18/08 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Sorry O][K. It's just that the name Angela Marino can be a bit of a sore point for some aussies. (by "some" I mean ones that watch womens basketball)
I can't think of a player that has stirred up anywhere near as much negativity from fans of their own team than Marino has. She has played in Canberra, Perth & Adelaide, with similar results each time.
Combine that with the bizarre way she runs (which Hellcat is the best at describing), the intense dribbling without going anywhere, and the way her wrists flop around wildly, and she makes quite the impression.

OK, so it's not just me. This woman was driving me freakin crazy this morning, watching her. And the hair was only 25 percent of the problem.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
Ottie

PostPosted: 08/18/08 7:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I <3 the Ang jokes... they just made my day!

umbeta1455

PostPosted: 08/18/08 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JACKOWACKO wrote:
Sue is a pass first PG, she has umpteen scorers on this team. They are blowing teams out every damn game. Her job is to get the ball to the scorers and she is better than any other PG in the world at doing that.
Chiiiill. Cool

If she has so many scorers to pass to why is it that Kara Lawson is doing much much better with the assists and running the team in general? And Kara actually scores a little bit too. If Sue is the best in the world I can't wait for her to prove it because watching her, she isn't convincing anybody at this point except for her loyal fans.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 08/18/08 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

umbeta1455 wrote:
If she has so many scorers to pass to why is it that Kara Lawson is doing much much better with the assists and running the team in general? And Kara actually scores a little bit too. If Sue is the best in the world I can't wait for her to prove it because watching her, she isn't convincing anybody at this point except for her loyal fans.

X_______________________

Keep in mind that Lawson is an understudy to the best point guard in WNBA history, so that might explain why she can run a team so well. Oh, and it doesn't hurt having Jenny Boucek as your WNBA coach.

Mathies to LA 2013
norwester

PostPosted: 08/18/08 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's interesting what fans see. I see Sue playing her role. I see Kara playing her role. They have different styles. Sue's hockey assists would be high, but her actual assists are low. Big deal. The offense (when we actually run one) runs more smoothly when she is on the floor.

She and the rest of the starters come on, run the legs off the other, shallower teams a bit, then our bench comes in with fresh legs, turns up the defense, and runs the ball off turnovers and rebounds (when we get them). This isn't to take away from Kara, who is doing excellent in that role, but give me a break with statements that Sue isn't doing well.

You're comparing apples and oranges and declaring a winner versus just admitting that they're both tasty fruits that are good for you. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/18/08 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sass wrote:

OK, so it's not just me. This woman was driving me freakin crazy this morning, watching her. And the hair was only 25 percent of the problem.

X________________________ Mad

The girl with the black, Rapunzel-like hair was fucking annoying.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: