RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Net Work Coverage of WBB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sierra0808

PostPosted: 08/07/08 10:04 am    ::: Net Work Coverage of WBB Reply Reply with quote

I tried looking at the NBA Network's web site to see if they will be carrying any games, I can't find anything. Does anyone know if there is some network that will carry all the WBB games? Besides the popoular WBB games that is. Thanks a bunch.

GO USA!!!

SuziQ

PostPosted: 08/07/08 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is supposed to be an Olympic Basketball channel, along w/ a Soccer channel, that will broadcast all games in full. However, I guess it depends on your provider if it'll be available. Cox here in Phx doesn't have the BBall channel, just the Soccer one, and when I called they didn't know if it was going to be added.

PostPosted: 08/07/08 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the info SuzyQ. I spent last night trying to figure it out. If you have onDemand they will have coverage there. I watched the last quarter of 2004 gold medal game last night. It was fun to see it again.

I guess if you have HD service you get the 24hr Olympic channel.

ulynxfan

PostPosted: 08/07/08 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here is the the schedule.
http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv_and_online_listings/zone=ET/sport=BK/index.html

Looks like most of the matches will be shown online, good thing for those of us who can't be bothered with this hd thing they are trying to force on us.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/07/08 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ulynxfan wrote:
Here is the the schedule.
http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv_and_online_listings/zone=ET/sport=BK/index.html

Looks like most of the matches will be shown online, good thing for those of us who can't be bothered with this hd thing they are trying to force on us.

okay, so the basketball and soccer channels are only available for HD, not necessarily just for digital on Cox?

PostPosted: 08/07/08 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just spoke with a Cox rep here in PHX. They said all of the coverage is going thru Channel 12, and all of the NBC network. They had not been told anything about the Basketball channel at all. OnDemand will have some stuff, but not sure what all it will be.

I just hope we won't be stuck with Bob Costas interviewing some guy from a mountain village, whose mother is dying of cancer instead of seeing sports action. It was so annoying in Athens and the women were playing and they were talking to Starbury about his Olympic experience instead of showing the game. Rolling Eyes

ulynxfan

PostPosted: 08/07/08 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mmaniac wrote:
Just spoke with a Cox rep here in PHX. They said all of the coverage is going thru Channel 12, and all of the NBC network. They had not been told anything about the Basketball channel at all. OnDemand will have some stuff, but not sure what all it will be.

I just hope we won't be stuck with Bob Costas interviewing some guy from a mountain village, whose mother is dying of cancer instead of seeing sports action. It was so annoying in Athens and the women were playing and they were talking to Starbury about his Olympic experience instead of showing the game. Rolling Eyes

hahahaha

mercfan3 wrote:

okay, so the basketball and soccer channels are only available for HD, not necessarily just for digital on Cox?

From what i've seen so far its only HD, but that might just be b/c it has not been updated, then again i'm not holding my breath

bballgrl

PostPosted: 08/07/08 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My provider, Directv, will have the channels but only if you have on demand and HD access.

DetroitIndyGirl

PostPosted: 08/07/08 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
My provider, Directv, will have the channels but only if you have on demand and HD access.

Thanks for the DirecTV info! Very Happy We have DirecTV and hadn't been able to find out anything from them yet. We have HD access/DVR with the sports package (contains NBA TV, the FSN channels, etc.). I was hoping we might receive the Olympic b-ball channel along with what we already have, but I'm not sure about the "on demand" part...I will need to check and see if it involves an additional subscription.

Edited to include:

I just checked again, and lo and behold, there it is! It's channel 754 and is abbreviated OBSK (Olympic Basketball). It is not broadcasting at this time, but when I forward to early Saturday morning, it says the upcoming event is women's b-ball...hooray!!! Very Happy

From what I can gather, the on-demand access allows you to take advantage of the interactive features and downloadable video content, if desired. DirecTV has also posted the following:
directv.com/china2008

PostPosted: 08/07/08 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We were confused for awhile trying to get it sorted out with DirecTV, finally my partner said can we get an answer we understand, so we told we have HD access so we get the channels, but if you have on Demand and no HD you don't get them. I'll just wait until 11:30 tonight to see if the channel goes on. Does anyone have On Demand with no HD access? It's enough to make your head spin, I say if we are paying over $100 a month for everything but international TV then we should get the all the Olympics all the time with full games no cutting back and forth in the middle of games. That was so annoying!

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 08/08/08 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's not fair that you have to have HD, all this money they charge for Digital Cable it should be given to everyone.. Mad

PostPosted: 08/08/08 7:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanx for all the input looks like I'll be listening to most games on my short wave radio. Crying or Very sad

sithinfiltrator

PostPosted: 08/08/08 7:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DetroitIndyGirl wrote:
I just checked again, and lo and behold, there it is! It's channel 754 and is abbreviated OBSK (Olympic Basketball). It is not broadcasting at this time, but when I forward to early Saturday morning, it says the upcoming event is women's b-ball...hooray!!! Very Happy

Thanks for doing the legwork! I was able to add that channel to my HD Best on Directv and I have the first round of women's games being recorded on my Tivo! Can't wait!

-Lisa

PostPosted: 08/08/08 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh thanks fore the info. I just checked 754 and sure enough, all basketball all the time Very Happy 755 is the soccer channel. My DVR is going to be very busy Laughing

BeckyHammonfan#1

PostPosted: 08/08/08 5:57 pm    ::: looking for the channel on cablevision Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can find this station on cablevision, if its up and running.

Please help me so I can watch some basketball games

gpark33

PostPosted: 08/08/08 6:37 pm    ::: Re: looking for the channel on cablevision Reply Reply with quote

BeckyHammonfan#1 wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find this station on cablevision, if its up and running.

Please help me so I can watch some basketball games

From Cablevision's website:

Quote:
Note: Cablevision does not have an agreement with NBC to offer the NBC Olympic Basketball Channel, NBC Olympic Soccer Channel, Free On Demand Olympic programming or NBCOlympics.com live video content.

I'm hoping for some coverage on the USA network. My guide has that listed as the basketball channel (along with about 5 other sports).

PostPosted: 08/08/08 7:46 pm    ::: Re: looking for the channel on cablevision Reply Reply with quote

I have Verizon Fios and there's nothing on my guide that lists Olympic basketball...I checked the listings (have dates/times) for both mens & womens bball. I hope USA airs all of the games.

I'll go check the Verizon website too just in case. I have two channels that say Beijing 2008 but they're both for HD (which I don't have) Sad

PostPosted: 08/08/08 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Women's BB on USA channel: Following times are Eastern Times

Sat 8/9 8 or 8:30am USAvsCheh Republic

Mon 8/11 same time as above USAvsChina

Wed 8/13 10:15am USAvsMali

Fri 8/15 8:00am USAvsSpain

Sun 8/17 10:15am USAvsNew Zealand ***This on NBC***

Tue 8/19 Quarter Finals (Time to be announced)

Thur 8/21 Semi Finals (times to be announced) MSNBC and Oly BB Channel

Sat 8/23 (Times to be announced) NBC

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 08/08/08 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since I don't have the bball channel...I think it might be on USA (as per my TV guide -- and I don't mean the magazine)

Night all -- if I'm to wake up to watch this game, i'm going to bed!!

bballgrl wrote:
Women's BB on USA channel: Following times are Eastern Times

Sat 8/9 8 or 8:30am USAvsCheh Republic

Mon 8/11 same time as above USAvsChina

Wed 8/13 10:15am USAvsMali

Fri 8/15 8:00am USAvsSpain

Sun 8/17 10:15am USAvsNew Zealand ***This on NBC***

Tue 8/19 Quarter Finals (Time to be announced)

Thur 8/21 Semi Finals (times to be announced) MSNBC and Oly BB Channel

Sat 8/23 (Times to be announced) NBC

PostPosted: 08/09/08 12:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:

Not so, see Ch.750-753

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: