RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

lots of leslie and staley this morning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambista

PostPosted: 08/08/08 6:54 am    ::: lots of leslie and staley this morning Reply Reply with quote

on the "today" show. every time they show clips of the procession, it's leslie and staley.

after the commercial break (7:53 a.m. et), they're gonna "reveal" team usa's processional garb.

PostPosted: 08/08/08 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Photos of the garb....

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/gallery#photoViewer=urn%3Anewsml%3Asports.yahoo%2Cgetty%3A20050301%3Aoly%2Cphoto%2C4af92e2b1597d3fefdf6c604ea1be61d-getty-81972990bc112_opening%3A1

They keep switching photos up, so you may have to zoom thru

color me unimpressed -- none of it looks like it fits right. And it looks like some sort of party in the Hamptons

PostPosted: 08/08/08 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm pretty unimpressed myself. Exchange berets for driving caps. All right. It's more American. And I don't mind the concept overall. Come to think of it, it is kind of the fit. The jackets don't seem to hang or close right. Perhaps that's just the style? But what do I know? Everything I know about clothes I learned from Project Runway. Wink

PostPosted: 08/08/08 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

US President George W. Bush poses for a photo with the USA women's Olympic basketball team on the opening day

http://sports.yahoo.com/wnba/photo?slug=08f7be6b314e5b6dceb7d740e0f4a000-getty-81973309cc026_olympics_open&prov=getty

fanof33

PostPosted: 08/08/08 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very Happy

"Legends have the privilege of being ageless"- Sia (movie)

Last edited by fanof33 on 08/08/08 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shed

PostPosted: 08/08/08 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad your girls got to march as I very strongly doubt the Aussies did with an early 9am game.

"If Seattle decides to sit Wright, Little and Stricklen for the majority of the season for stuffy noses, ingrown toenails and acid reflux you can start talking about shams." psheehy
sambista

PostPosted: 08/08/08 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lauren is right on the button with Team USA's uniform

By Olivia Barker, USA TODAY
Before they hit the gym, the track and the pool, Team USA is making a pit-stop at prep school.

Designed by Ralph Lauren, the uniforms for the 650 athletes marching in tonight's Olympics opening ceremony in Beijing are a crisp contrast to the short-sleeve jackets and shorts worn four years ago in Athens: tropical wool navy blazers emblazoned with oversized Polo ponies, off-white wool trousers, white cotton broadcloth shirts, white twill newsboy caps and striped silk neckwear — ties for the men, scarves for the women.

The goal was to create "something simple enough for the athletes to put together, yet stylish enough to elevate us as a country," says David Lauren, the designer's son and the company's senior vice president of advertising, marketing and corporate communications. (Ralph Lauren also designed Team USA's sportier outfits to wear at the Olympic Village and during the closing ceremony.) The look is "very sharp, very graphic on TV, very aspirational and very statesmen-like."

usa today

so apparently those are caps, not berets, unless they're on really big heads!

PostPosted: 08/08/08 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shed wrote:
Glad your girls got to march as I very strongly doubt the Aussies did with an early 9am game.

I'm watching the ceremonies and so far I've seen the Mali womens basketball team and Spain's womens basketball team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: