RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Last Dance: Lisa Leslie's Fourth Olympic Games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SportsPageMike

PostPosted: 08/06/08 12:38 pm    ::: The Last Dance: Lisa Leslie's Fourth Olympic Games Reply Reply with quote

The Last Dance: Lisa Leslie's Fourth Olympic Games

By Shera Everett: (Contributed): Aug. 6, 2008

The United States will close the book on one of the most storied eras in the history of U.S. women’s basketball – but not before Lisa Leslie has one last rendezvous. -- READ MORE --

http://www.spmsportspage.com/published/spmfeatures/the-last-dance-lisa-lesli.shtml

PostPosted: 08/06/08 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not a huge fan of Lisa as a Spark but am a huge fan of her the basketball player. I would take her on any team I cheer for in a heartbeat. That was a good article. Those three along with McCain and the great Teresa Edwards were the face of the USA basketball for more than a decade. It's ironic that during this ongoing transition two were not even suited and one was on the shelf in the team's only lost in more than ten years.

The team has new faces that I believe will live up to the tradition and be able to raise the flag with pride but it was fun, entertaining while it lasted. Thanks for everything Edwards, McCain, Leslie, Swoopes, Staley, Bolton, McCray and others. You did a fabulous job but the future is still bright.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 08/06/08 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As the above poster stated, I am not a fan of LL as a sparks player but am a fan of her skills. She spoke very intelligently about the trust that was between she, Swoops and Staley. How sometime all it took was a look rather than words. I think the current team is a capable team whose younger members may just need time to develop what those 3 had. It may take awhile but I do think they will get there. They need to leave egos behind along with self praise and put TEAM first. ALL members of the team have to be on the same page. Then and only then can they get it done. As for this year, I really hope they do bring home the Gold but if they don't all hope will not be lost.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: