RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

SI on Hammon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caune

PostPosted: 08/01/08 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

baker10 wrote:

i used to like you caune, you used to post things that i actually liked -but now i just think your an idiot! jmo

Because I think she didn't work hard enough to make the USA team and is now sore about it?
Because I think Becky is whinny and petulant?
Because I think it's wrong for her to play for Russia unless she actually becomes a legitimate citizen?
Because you don't like me posting insight from players I've spoken to?
Or just because you don't like my opinions in general?

either way, I can live with it Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/01/08 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
baker10 wrote:

i used to like you caune, you used to post things that i actually liked -but now i just think your an idiot! jmo

Because I think she didn't work hard enough to make the USA team and is now sore about it?
Because I think it's wrong for her to play for Russia unless she actually becomes a legitimate citizen?

Good one, C! I'm sick of the spin KGBecky has been putting on this whole thing. She and her agent and her fans do everything they can to excuse the fact that she did not put forth the long-term effort it takes to be a candidate for the team. And they conveniently neglect the fact that there were players who DID and still didn't get selected. Beard may be pissed she wasn't chosen, but you don't see her donning another country's uniform.

Hammon damn well knew it would be a controversial choice, one made to suit her own personal money goals and personal professional goals. To compare her sham Russian citizenship to others who've come to the US and gotten their citizenships by actually living here, and then played for the US, is to ignore the facts of her choice. She has no intention of living in Russia. All that country means to her is money. She did it for purely selfish reasons, and she's been spinning this garbage to try to justify it ever since.

I'd have a lot more respect for her if she just came out and said it. But she knows she crossed a line, taking a shortcut to usurp the effort others invested in the process. So you'll never hear the truth from her.

I, for one, am not so naïve as to believe the players will say exactly what they think. That includes Becky herself!

Say what you want about the original intent of the Olympics. It is a fact that everyone marchs in and out under a nation's flag and listen proudly to their country's anthem being played if they win a gold and have for many, many years. So it IS about countries, no matter how borderless some like to think the world is. Try telling someone like Jesse Owens it isn't about representing your country. I think he'd disagree.

But I guess it's easy for me - my two favorite players are wearing their OWN red, white and blue. And they got there legitimately. Without spinning, without sham citizenships, and by dedicating a lot of time (AND foregoing income to do so).

By the way, my Father's parents were Russian. So don't try the old Cold War crap on me. I'm WAY more Russian than Hammon will EVER be.

Bottom line is, she did it for the money, and for the faux Olympic experience. Spin all ya want, there's no way you can change that truth.

PostPosted: 08/01/08 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SuziQ wrote:
caune wrote:
baker10 wrote:

Good one, C! I'm sick of the spin KGBecky has been putting on this whole thing. She and her agent and her fans do everything they can to excuse the fact that she did not put forth the long-term effort it takes to be a candidate for the team. And they conveniently neglect the fact that there were players who DID and still didn't get selected. Beard may be pissed she wasn't chosen, but you don't see her donning another country's uniform.

Hammon damn well knew it would be a controversial choice, one made to suit her own personal money goals and personal professional goals. To compare her sham Russian citizenship to others who've come to the US and gotten their citizenships by actually living here, and then played for the US, is to ignore the facts of her choice. She has no intention of living in Russia. All that country means to her is money. She did it for purely selfish reasons, and she's been spinning this garbage to try to justify it ever since.

I'd have a lot more respect for her if she just came out and said it. But she knows she crossed a line, taking a shortcut to usurp the effort others invested in the process. So you'll never hear the truth from her.

I, for one, am not so naïve as to believe the players will say exactly what they think. That includes Becky herself!

Say what you want about the original intent of the Olympics. It is a fact that everyone marchs in and out under a nation's flag and listen proudly to their country's anthem being played if they win a gold and have for many, many years. So it IS about countries, no matter how borderless some like to think the world is. Try telling someone like Jesse Owens it isn't about representing your country. I think he'd disagree.

But I guess it's easy for me - my two favorite players are wearing their OWN red, white and blue. And they got there legitimately. Without spinning, without sham citizenships, and by dedicating a lot of time (AND foregoing income to do so).

By the way, my Father's parents were Russian. So don't try the old Cold War crap on me. I'm WAY more Russian than Hammon will EVER be.

Bottom line is, she did it for the money, and for the faux Olympic experience. Spin all ya want, there's no way you can change that truth.

YEAH that means you'll be rooting for the Russians! Very Happy

STLnTDOT

PostPosted: 08/01/08 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SuziQ wrote:

Good one, C! I'm sick of the spin KGBecky has been putting on this whole thing. She and her agent and her fans do everything they can to excuse the fact that she did not put forth ... blah blah blah blah blah ... and more blah blah blah blah

Regardless of your opinion...cause that is what it is, you will never change the way we (Hammon supporters) see things and feel about the situation.

Fact is for the remainder of her contract with CSKA she will be living in Russia more than she does the USA. She will be paying taxes to the USA on money she makes in Russia.

I say get paid! Live your dream, that is the AMERICAN way.

You go ahead and root for the almighty red, white, and blue, its your AMERICAN right to root for who you choose.

CB

PostPosted: 08/01/08 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Australia is going to take care of Russia for us so DMJ may never even get to knock KGBecky to the ground Sad

Wow who wouldn't be proud to support the Americans with that type of attitude. Sures makes one proud and warm and fuzzy with patriotism. Laughing

I think caune is back to her old ways of just stirring up crap. I wouldn't take the bait with her. Wink

I bet Team USA is hoping upon hope they don't meet Russia before the finals. Seeing as that team kicked them out of gold and silver medal contention last time they met in the 2006 Worlds. Laughing

HotForHammon

PostPosted: 08/01/08 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

Then may I suggest you not click the threads with the name Becky or Hammon on them. It obviously gets you so rilled up you end up sounding like a nasty bitter and unhappy in life person with little to no respect for anyone much less with the freedon offered by this great nation we live in. That can't be good for your health. So for the sake of your blood presure and overall well being...just say NO the next time you come across a Becky thread and resist the urge the click. Have a good day! Wink

CB

PostPosted: 08/01/08 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

STLnTDOT wrote:
HotForHammon wrote:

Funny...I thought the company line was to keep quite about it for fear of AD going off again. Wink

Its funny how so many team usa girls have come out in support of Hammon.

I mean we all know the support is out the window if they meet on the court, but its very cool they have spoken up.

I think Team USA but a ball-gag in AD's mouth

LOL! Can't believe she didn't get fired for her comments. The coach of Team USA being so unprofessional was just embarrassing. I hope she does not get her gold medal Rolling Eyes

shrrew

PostPosted: 08/01/08 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would it be possible to intelligently disagree with ideas presented and to not stoop to personally maligning the poster(s)?

Don't make me have to issue a 1 game suspension! That would be a 2 game suspension for maligning a moderator (rebkell equivelent of a ref)!

PostPosted: 08/01/08 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shrrew wrote:
Would it be possible to intelligently disagree with ideas presented and to not stoop to personally maligning the poster(s)?

Don't make me have to issue a 1 game suspension! That would be a 2 game suspension for maligning a moderator (rebkell equivelent of a ref)!

You're such a good bunny! Because of you I know longer take the pleasure when the Merc lose....well ok...as much pleasure. It used to be happy dance time now it's...AWWW Shrrew will be upset....ya damn bunny! Wink

jess

PostPosted: 08/01/08 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[/b]GO BECKY

PostPosted: 08/01/08 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HotForHammon wrote:
shrrew wrote:

You're such a good bunny! Because of you I know longer take the pleasure when the Merc lose....well ok...as much pleasure. It used to be happy dance time now it's...AWWW Shrrew will be upset....ya damn bunny! Wink

lol I will think of OTHER pleasures for you to indulge in......

PostPosted: 08/01/08 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shrrew wrote:
HotForHammon wrote:
shrrew wrote:

lol I will think of OTHER pleasures for you to indulge in......

Ok...we can induldge in this one

Unless you want to answer the question rooky and I asked you yesterday Wink

shrrew

PostPosted: 08/01/08 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HotForHammon wrote:

SHRREW: lol I will think of OTHER pleasures for you to indulge in......

Ok...we can indulge in this one

Unless you want to answer the question rooky and I asked you yesterday Wink

nice postcard... however its a scavenger hunt on the question.... the first clue is in Rookys profile log..... Happy hunting!

PostPosted: 08/01/08 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="shrrew
nice postcard... however its a scavenger hunt on the question.... the first clue is in Rookys profile log..... Happy hunting!

[/quote]

Shocked You mean the picture of Katie Smith? Shocked

shrrew

PostPosted: 08/01/08 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HotForHammon wrote:

Shocked You mean the picture of Katie Smith? Shocked

uh huh Laughing

Come a little closer... I have chips!

PostPosted: 08/01/08 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shrrew wrote:

Wow you could work for the WNBA, unfair! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: