RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lennox vows to return

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 08/16/05 5:20 pm    ::: Lennox vows to return Reply Reply with quote

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/story/5105689p-4649396c.html

“I don’t see myself sitting out too much longer,” Lennox said last week.

PostPosted: 08/16/05 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now that's my dawg!! I knew she would come back soon. It's impossible to be away from the sport or workout you love.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
threefrom60

PostPosted: 08/16/05 6:21 pm    ::: Re: Lennox vows to return Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/story/5105689p-4649396c.html

“I don’t see myself sitting out too much longer,” Lennox said last week.

We're getting such conflicting opinions on this one, from Betty and from AD, who has always shown to be the type of coach to have the final say in matters such as these. It will be very interesting to see how this all plays out. I'm anxious to have a healthy Lennox back with the team, but I'm not convinced that the players are the best ones to make the distinction between ready to go and needing to sit some more.

What this entire situation does bring up for me, most of all, is thoughts of the impending expansion draft. We know that Coach D is very high on T Wright, but she's also got plenty of players to be proctecting already. All this extended playing time and confidence for T could open some eyes beyond just within the Storm organization. I feel a bit uneasy about this offseason, though realistically it couldn't have anywhere NEAR the effect on my team than last offseason had!!

Here's hoping a fresh and explosive B-Money comes rolling out a couple days before the playoffs and helps ignite a much needed fire under this team.

The Blimp

PostPosted: 08/16/05 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The heart and the head are willing to go but there is still some doubt as to when the body will be able, according to AD.
Heal quick please Betty Smile

PostPosted: 08/16/05 7:24 pm    ::: Re: Lennox vows to return Reply Reply with quote

threefrom60 wrote:

What this entire situation does bring up for me, most of all, is thoughts of the impending expansion draft. We know that Coach D is very high on T Wright, but she's also got plenty of players to be proctecting already. All this extended playing time and confidence for T could open some eyes beyond just within the Storm organization. I feel a bit uneasy about this offseason, though realistically it couldn't have anywhere NEAR the effect on my team than last offseason had!!

As someone who got to watch Wright for four years in college, trust me that you REALLY want to protect her.

threefrom60

PostPosted: 08/16/05 7:43 pm    ::: Re: Lennox vows to return Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
threefrom60 wrote:

As someone who got to watch Wright for four years in college, trust me that you REALLY want to protect her.

I didn't get to see a whole lot of her, that's true. I was really excited when we drafted her, because what I had seen of her, and what I'd heard and knew from her college stats, I knew she'd be a great player and a very, very good fit on this team. We definitely need some perimeter defense. But any Storm fan will tell you, her first few games as a pro were more characterized by nerves, indecision, and turnovers than any of the positives she brings to the game. Patience was only slightly beginning to wear thin, and it's so so great to see the real T Wright finally coming through, the one that was there in college, and the one that had to have been there from day one in practice, because AD has always believed in her.

I know we need to keep her. But I wasn't certain if she'd need protecting, if she'd actually be in danger of being snatched up by Chicago. That was more my point... that her exposing her talent and ability to play in this league to whoever might be watching could make things a bit more difficult for AD to keep all the players she wants to keep.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 08/16/05 11:50 pm    ::: Re: Lennox vows to return Reply Reply with quote

Izzy might not need protecting if she can play that 'Might not return to the W if going to a lottery team' card... Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: