Board Junkies Forums

chicago....charge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HoopMatron

PostPosted: 08/16/05 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Chicago Chicks

Nah... already been done. Memphis Chicks AA baseball team back in the '80s. Chicks was short for Chickasaws, BTW.

The best game was when the San Diego Chicken came. They had so many fans in attendance that they were seated on the warning track in the outfield!

PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/16/05 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really hope they stay away from anything related to Bulls. The Bulls didn't want anything to do with the W, so fuck em.

How about Chicago Surge? I am trying to think of something with water to tie to the lake.

Keegan

PostPosted: 08/16/05 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Chicago Flow

pilight

PostPosted: 08/16/05 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="PUmatty"How about Chicago Surge? I am trying to think of something with water to tie to the lake.[/quote]

The Lakers

PostPosted: 08/16/05 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I really hope they stay away from anything related to Bulls. The Bulls didn't want anything to do with the W, so fuck em.

Now now. The bulls said they didnt want to own a WNBA team AT THIS MOMENT. The Bulls as an organization are trying still trying to rebuild their NBA team to be a force in the East. They've been doing this since Jordan left. Im pretty sure the bulls would not like to invest in a WNBA franchise until they can put their full 100% into it. Kind of like Mark Cuban in Dallas. Why start a franchise when you cant focus on it? That leads to folding. And no one wants that to happen. You cant blame the organization for not wanting to waste a chance at getting a team in a good city. When they feel they're ready, they will invest. But lets not get all Anti-Bulls.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 08/16/05 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

antibullem

PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/16/05 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Now now. The bulls said they didnt want to own a WNBA team AT THIS MOMENT. The Bulls as an organization are trying still trying to rebuild their NBA team to be a force in the East. They've been doing this since Jordan left. Im pretty sure the bulls would not like to invest in a WNBA franchise until they can put their full 100% into it. Kind of like Mark Cuban in Dallas. Why start a franchise when you cant focus on it? That leads to folding. And no one wants that to happen. You cant blame the orgination for not wanting to waste a chance at getting a team in a good city. When they feel they're read, they will invest. But lets not get all Anti-Bulls.

But the fact is they didn't take one, and because of that the league wasn't in the No. 3 market for the first NINE years of the league. Plenty of other teams managed to invest in both types of team. It's fine if they didn't want to, but they shouldn't get free expansion of their brand as a thank you. Chicago is the first market where there is a W team that is unconnected to its NBA team. Don't give the NBA team credit they didn't earn. Let the W team thrive on its own with its own identity.

bullsky

PostPosted: 08/16/05 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Streaks wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Now now. The bulls said they didnt want to own a WNBA team AT THIS MOMENT. The Bulls as an organization are trying still trying to rebuild their NBA team to be a force in the East. They've been doing this since Jordan left. Im pretty sure the bulls would not like to invest in a WNBA franchise until they can put their full 100% into it. Kind of like Mark Cuban in Dallas. Why start a franchise when you cant focus on it? That leads to folding. And no one wants that to happen. You cant blame the orgination for not wanting to waste a chance at getting a team in a good city. When they feel they're read, they will invest. But lets not get all Anti-Bulls.

But the fact is they didn't take one, and because of that the league wasn't in the No. 3 market for the first NINE years of the league. Plenty of other teams managed to invest in both types of team. It's fine if they didn't want to, but they shouldn't get free expansion of their brand as a thank you. Chicago is the first market where there is a W team that is unconnected to its NBA team. Don't give the NBA team credit they didn't earn. Let the W team thrive on its own with its own identity.

I agree with your point about Chicago being the 3rd biggest market and it not being in the league. But again, I think they're actually looking out for the league. Dont worry, WNBA teams thrive on their own indentity. No problem there. But in the first few years, having an NBA counterpart helps, IMO. But all in all, I hope the bulls take ownership in the next few years. Cause the U.C. is a great arena.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 08/16/05 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
[quote="PUmatty"How about Chicago Surge? I am trying to think of something with water to tie to the lake.

The Lakers[/quote]

Whitecaps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: